Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th October 2009, 22:01   #271
BHPian

The real problem is when you drive multiple cars. My daily drives include a OHC, esteem and a scorpio apart from the getz. Makes things really difficult the first few kms. Would have been great if there was some more play in the brakes.
Harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 16:57   #272
BHPian

Just wanted to add one more observation.A friend's Getz has a braking 'action' that tends to be a tad more 'sensitive' than another Getz owned by another friend. One of them is a member here. Some differences are permissible, and definitely understandable, in production cars and especially since the cars have been used by individuals in different conditions. But, maybe, there is an issue with the particular car...

How much of a difference will the AD N tires make?

@brraj...you have driven the Getz with the stock tires and the best ones out there. Can you shed some light on the difference? How would you rate the improvement in grip/control? If you chose to ignore the 'lock up' phenomenon, how do the tires behave while cornering and in wet conditions? I do know that you drive very well and fast and have seen your driving first-hand. I would value any specific feedback that you can provide.
speedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 17:19   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post

But i think if many Getz CRDi owners are facing this problem, then its most likely a fault of the car itself.

After seeing some of the recent posts on this thread, I'm feeling glad that i cancelled my getz booking and went in for the i20.
@JayD...Coming to this conclusion just from these few posts ? This is an involving car to drive and great fun. Having driven both the i20 and the Getz, the fun quotient of the Getz far outweighs any/all of its drawbacks. This is purely subjective.
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:04   #274

Is modulation present in all cars ? and how can I change the bias...I mean is there any knob somewhere where I can adjust the bias and modulation
deltabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 21:37   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltabox View Post
Is modulation present in all cars ? and how can I change the bias...I mean is there any knob somewhere where I can adjust the bias and modulation
It is all at the leg . Also check your rear brake tension maybe if you can tighten it, things may improve.
ShyamSCrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:01   #276
BHPian

guys, was bit busy with work so couldn't reply early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedz View Post
How much of a difference will the AD N tires make?

@brraj...you have driven the Getz with the stock tires and the best ones out there. Can you shed some light on the difference? How would you rate the improvement in grip/control? If you chose to ignore the 'lock up' phenomenon, how do the tires behave while cornering and in wet conditions? I do know that you drive very well and fast and have seen your driving first-hand. I would value any specific feedback that you can provide.
The minute i brought the car out of showroom tyres and alloys were changed so cant compare both.

About neovas:
- A must for people who drive fast because something is better than nothing.
- Never inflate these tyres beyond 30psi, 29 is best.
- These tyres are worth and with these use the technique of Down shifts if you are doing high speeds in corners and highways to get more control.
brraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:55   #277
BHPian

@brraj...I have gone through the thread but couldnt find any info on the cost of the tires. Or maybe I didnt look hard enough.
What do these tires cost? best deal for them? I hope I am not breaking any rules by asking for the source/commercial enterprise that sells these tires at the best price in Bangalore.
Old 23rd October 2009, 13:12   #278
BHPian

@speedz - you can check this post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1450325-post170.html
Old 23rd October 2009, 18:04   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyamSCrdi View Post
It is all at the leg . Also check your rear brake tension maybe if you can tighten it, things may improve.
whats this brake tension.. is it the tension at the feet caused by the brakes?
haven t heard of this before.
shazikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 21:28   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
whats this brake tension.. is it the tension at the feet caused by the brakes?
haven t heard of this before.
Basically the drum brakes have springs which can be adjusted. To have more braking at the back the tension in these springs can be increased - that is what i meant
ShyamSCrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 12:50   #281
Senior - BHPian

Nothing can be done to improve braking of getz crdi. I visited trident service multiple times and got the tightening and other things done.
I know the manager very well and he said that it cannot be improved unless we change disc and pads of higher quality.

I complained braking issue to south india regional manager. I said from 150+, it takes hell lot of time to stop and i asked why the top speed is not limited to a lower value. He said i should not cross 120 on indian roads as it is dangerous .

You see the size of discs and drums. I think disc size is 12" and drum is may be 9 or 10". They are too small to handle all the power & speed. Many times i jumped big speedbreakers because of car not stopping on time. Engine braking will help but only to some extent.

All i do is to keep an eye on the speedbreakes more than the road at night .

Last edited by djay99 : 6th November 2009 at 12:53.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 15:07   #282
Senior - BHPian

Raj,

OT:I heard you sold your car. Is it true?
Old 9th November 2009, 10:32   #283
BHPian

yes, its sold and bought skoda 1.9tdi.
Old 9th November 2009, 11:00   #284
BHPian

Wow Raj, when did this happen? Will call you today/tomorrow sometime and talk more about this!
Congrats on the skoda 1.9 tdi, brilliant car and would love to know what all you mod it with!

Last edited by nnandi : 9th November 2009 at 11:05.
nnandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 15:46   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
yes, its sold and bought skoda 1.9tdi.
Oh. Congrats for the skoda.