Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2009, 00:40   #31
aZa
Senior - BHPian
 
aZa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Noida / Delhi
Posts: 1,595
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

bbraj ... congratulations!

Firstly whats the breakup of OTR price of 5.88?

secondly i think you should go for FOGS + Spoiler + painting the door handles and rear view mirror ... first!


Did you get a beige gearknob or a beige + silver top knob? I didn't like the beige gearknob and i asked the dealer the cost for a verna sx knob and it was 4500Rs. Dunno whether they can be changed.

What do you think about the drive side mirror being non-convex ?
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 01:23   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 448
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Booked & cancelled order for a getz Crdi

Congratulations for booking the rocket hatch. Hope you get the vehicle as confirmed by the dealer within 10 Days.

I am giving below my experience just for information. Sorry if i am OT.

I had booked my getz crdi on 10th June and was confirmed a delivery within 2 weeks. But today i.e 7 weeks from the date of booking and after lots of follow up with the dealer & Hyundai personnel I have cancelled my order. Not even till the level of a Sr.G.M of Hyundai bothered to respond to my telecalls & emails. No one could give me any assurance as to when I would get the vehicle. I only got false promises & excuses from the dealer for the delay. The dealer even gave me a false chassis no. & the engine no. to get my bank loan credited.

Having Booked the Getz crdi I was happy & excited. I had got all my accessories e.g. tyres. seat covers , ICE, Sunfilm etc lined up for installation. Luckily I had not bought them.

Now this experience of mine with Hyundai & its dealer has left me frustrated. My earlier experiences with Tata, Fiat, Maruti were all good. I still donot understand why people complain about Tata fiat Service. I have not found them bad. I am presently owning an 3 yr old Indica driven for more than 1.08L kms without major problems. If this is what Hyundai service is than Tata is far better.

Now my ordeal starts in getting back the amount paid & the loan reversed from the dealer. I hope atleast this would go smoothly.

Good Luck!

Kiran

Last edited by kiren : 31st July 2009 at 01:25.
kiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 03:17   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
ph03n!x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Madras
Posts: 1,705
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Rajiv, I would say upgrade to 15'' if you can. But the downside is you will be running on really low profile.
Second that - 195/55 on 15" makes an awesome shoe for the rocket- but the size is available only on Yoko (I have S.Drives)...
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 11:04   #34
BHPian
 
brraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 794
Thanked: 351 Times
Default

raj.barcode, mclaren1885, v1p3r, aZa, kiren

thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
These are clearing stocks prices.
Its 4.88lkh onroad and the negotiation i still going on.
Small correction in one of my previous post its 5.88 onroad and not 4.88 and negotiation is still going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Hi Congrats on your booking hope you will have a safe drive around in Getz

Yes it has an amazing engine but some how it doesn't tick all the boxes for a good car to own,(my interpretation of a car = speed is not everything) but would have preferred to see you in a magnum than that puny little rocket.
You still have time, invest a lakh more and you will happier in a "magnum second hand" rather than getz (personal suggestion)
I agree speed is not everything in the car thats the reason my car will run only on advan neovas and i have seen it in action on karthik kumar swift, v1p3r swift and mclaren1885 baleno.
Hey, this is just a try if things does not workout we both can go for a next gen VGT elantra itself rather than a magnum after 2yrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Rajiv, I would say upgrade to 15'' if you can. But the downside is you will be running on really low profile.
Thats the only reason i want to put 195/60/14 but lets see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
bbraj ... congratulations!

Firstly whats the breakup of OTR price of 5.88?

secondly i think you should go for FOGS + Spoiler + painting the door handles and rear view mirror ... first!


Did you get a beige gearknob or a beige + silver top knob? I didn't like the beige gearknob and i asked the dealer the cost for a verna sx knob and it was 4500Rs. Dunno whether they can be changed.

What do you think about the drive side mirror being non-convex ?
break up will be posted once i get the bill from the hyundai guys, as of now i have just paid 10k as advance.

hey, i have still not got the delivery of the vehicle so lets wait and watch.
re:gearknob will check out verna sx and decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
Booked & cancelled order for a getz Crdi
Now you are scaring me though it sounds funny, hope hyundai don't spoil my dreams.

I was planning to buy neovas, alloys, hids and rd ecu for my getz now let me wait and then buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Second that - 195/55 on 15" makes an awesome shoe for the rocket- but the size is available only on Yoko (I have S.Drives)...
I have heard that you can get 195/55/15 in advan neovas. When i searched for the tyre size in excel sheet from tyre gurus they suggest not more than 50 profile for 15" 195/50/15.

though personally i have seen a getz crdi running on 195/55/15".

Tyre gurus help please? if this size "195/55/15" is ok then nothing like it or else i have to go for 195/60/14.

Last edited by brraj : 31st July 2009 at 11:11.
brraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 11:10   #35
Team-BHP Support
 
theMAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,036
Thanked: 1,473 Times
Default

You should get a stiff(ened) suspension - the one thing missing in that car towards a driver's bliss.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 12:19   #36
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,762
Thanked: 6,670 Times
Default

heck id say get 205s since your gonna be running at least 130bhp.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 12:41   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
ph03n!x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Madras
Posts: 1,705
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

205/50 will be an over kill. I'm on 195/55 on 15" HR Alloys, and on bad roads it makes me wish I got 185's. 205/50 is the perfect up-size though, if you go by the tire up-size calculator. 195/55 makes the speedo slower, fixing a bit of the speedo reading error

And the suspension does not seem all that bad after changing the tires- in fact a stiffer suspension will make day to day driving a bullock-cart-ride!!
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 12:56   #38
aZa
Senior - BHPian
 
aZa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Noida / Delhi
Posts: 1,595
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Bbraj you have not got the delivery yet ???? have you seen the car in person? I'm asking you this because there is a lot of wrong info about getz crdi with the dealers. Here in DELHI many dealers are ready to book any color of getz crdi for you and on the other hand HMP and Hyundai Cust. Care say that the production is stopped.

I have seen a space silver getz crdi here in delhi but they are asking for the pre-4.99 Ex showroom price! Anyway i think you should try and get the exshowroom to somewhr close to this 4.99 amount

all the best keep us posted
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 13:44   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,598 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post

though personally i have seen a getz crdi running on 195/55/15".

Tyre gurus help please? if this size "195/55/15" is ok then nothing like it or else i have to go for 195/60/14.
195/55-15 is fine, it won't scrape anywhere but its not a great option for highway driving.
The front end is really heavy and with 185/65 tires i got one of my rims bent when i hit a pothole at 80kph. So imagine the same scenario with 195/55 tires.
195/60-14 is the best option IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Bbraj you have not got the delivery yet ???? have you seen the car in person? I'm asking you this because there is a lot of wrong info about getz crdi with the dealers. Here in DELHI many dealers are ready to book any color of getz crdi for you and on the other hand HMP and Hyundai Cust. Care say that the production is stopped.

I have seen a space silver getz crdi here in delhi but they are asking for the pre-4.99 Ex showroom price! Anyway i think you should try and get the exshowroom to somewhr close to this 4.99 amount

all the best keep us posted
The production status of Getz CRDi is not confirmed but its now readily available at HMP.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 13:54   #40
BHPian
 
ssjr0498's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Blr-Ccu
Posts: 642
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

@ Thomas: Please remember the saying "Jiska koi nahin hota, uska google hota hai"

Cheers
Shrey

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 31st July 2009 at 14:02.
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 14:00   #41
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,825
Thanked: 4,802 Times
Default

195/60 R14 is the best option. Reasons:

1).; Ride comfort is decent enough.
2). Cost. 195/60 R14 Ad07s cost around 5.2k. 195/55 R15 AD07s cost 7.2k

Not to mention the fact that 15" rims will be more expensive. The extra money spent might be worthwhile if oyu need to go for bigger sizes like 205. But, with Ad07s, you dont need the width to be more than 195. The compound makes up for the width. 195 section AD07s have effectively the grip you might get from 205 or 215.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 14:35   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

Raj,

Congrats bro for booking getz crdi. But why did you sell elantra?

Tyres: 195/55-15 is the best one for getz. I have tested 195/60-14 PP's and 205/50-15. Ride quality is bad in 205. So 195/55 -15 is the best one. The P&W alloy i have are very strong. Many times i jumped speed breakers at over 80kmph and no bends. The reason i jumped is because of poor brakes. Let us do something to improve it man.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 15:37   #43
BHPian
 
brraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 794
Thanked: 351 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
You should get a stiff(ened) suspension - the one thing missing in that car towards a driver's bliss.
Yes, but first let me see what can advan neovas do to my car and will decide later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
heck id say get 205s since your gonna be running at least 130bhp.
As it is neovas i guess 195 size should do the required job as suggested by tyre gurus. And as i have personally seen rahuls baleno doing 200+ with neovas i guess it should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
205/50 will be an over kill. I'm on 195/55 on 15" HR Alloys, and on bad roads it makes me wish I got 185's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
195/60 R14 is the best option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
195/55-15 is fine, it won't scrape anywhere but its not a great option for highway driving.
The front end is really heavy and with 185/65 tires i got one of my rims bent when i hit a pothole at 80kph. So imagine the same scenario with 195/55 tires.
195/60-14 is the best option IMO.
Comforts and grip is the priority so as suggested even i feel 195/60/14 is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
195/60 R14 Ad07s cost around 5.2k.
My Millivision dealer quoted 5k per tyre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Bbraj you have not got the delivery yet ???? have you seen the car in person?
As mentioned i am still dreaming of the car and regarding the car once i have sat with shyamcrdi.
Lets see whats going to happen Will let you know the status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Raj,
Congrats bro for booking getz crdi.
Thanks bro, now a days you are not to be seen at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
But why did you sell elantra?
I have a very bad habbit of selling cars every 2years, i dont know when will i come out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Many times i jumped speed breakers at over 80kmph and no bends. The reason i jumped is because of poor brakes. Let us do something to improve it man.
I used to say this from day one that if its non ABS car and if you want to go fast then your only options should be Advan neovas or higher.

I am seriously looking for drilled rotors for getz crdi.

Last edited by brraj : 31st July 2009 at 15:38.
brraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 15:39   #44
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,825
Thanked: 4,802 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Raj,

Congrats bro for booking getz crdi. But why did you sell elantra?

Tyres: 195/55-15 is the best one for getz. I have tested 195/60-14 PP's and 205/50-15. Ride quality is bad in 205. So 195/55 -15 is the best one. The P&W alloy i have are very strong. Many times i jumped speed breakers at over 80kmph and no bends. The reason i jumped is because of poor brakes. Let us do something to improve it man.
How do you say that ? 195/60 R14 is the best. what is the advantage of going to 15" and sticking to the same tyre width? Makes no sense at all!
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 16:11   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
what is the advantage of going to 15" and sticking to the same tyre width? Makes no sense at all!
Handling dude. It makes lot of difference when it comes to handling and cornering. With 15", the same car will handle in a much better way compared to 14".

I never said 195/60-14 is best for getz. Handling is not great with 14".
Side wall rubber in 195/55-15 is more compared to 205/50-15. So first will have decent ride quality and very good handling. 195 is max required for getz IMO.

FYI, i have used 195/60-14 Michelin PP1, 205/50-15 Maxxis on my getz crdi. Planning to change tires to 195/55-15 shortly.

Last edited by djay99 : 31st July 2009 at 16:13.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getz CRDi or Grande Punto MJD? EDIT - Booked Dzire VDi ForeRunner Hatchbacks 94 1st October 2009 11:45
Chennai Track Day on 27/07/08 - Pics and reports. EDIT: July 09 pics added headers Indian Motorsport 132 25th August 2009 10:30
Verna Crdi Vs GetZ Crdi. EDIT : Finalising on Getz! aks_karthik Hatchbacks 74 17th May 2009 10:22
Suzuki SX4 or NHC type 1 second hand EDIT: SX4 now booked - EDIT 1 -Swift VDi booked GeekSrik Hatchbacks 126 24th June 2007 12:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:45.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks