Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd November 2009, 15:04   #16
BANNED

beejay, congratulations on your Xylo, good MUV with price check.Yes there are few quality concerns which i am sure would be rectified on later stages with mahindra.Mileage seems to be good too.Keep updating and do post some interiors pics as well.
Did you brought alloys or are they wheelcaps.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 17:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Those are wheel covers, PCD was not available during delivery. Now there are a few designs, none are pleasing enough.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 16:43   #18
BHPian

Hey Beejay , hows your xylo fairing ?? what is the mileage you are getting??
don_carmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 18:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Xylo doing good. I get an average of 14kmpl.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 22:03   #20
BHPian

Default Turned into a potential Xylo'ite

!! Excellent Post !! Beejay. I thank you an everyone to provide fair unbiased opinion on here. T-BHP Rocks !!

After a lot of reading, looking around and post a few TDs I have finally decided to freeze a deal on XYLO E6. I am planning to exchange my 5 year old Wagon-R (just 25K) driven for a XYLO E6. I am getting a good buyer for my Wagon-R.

NVM. So this is it! I am going to G3 Motor Tomorrow in Mumbai to finalize the deal on the E6. !! Please Wish me Luck !!. The deal is almost agreed upon but i'll try my best to extract more juice out of it. Until Now I have been promised -
1st year free insurance
10 K accessories of my choice
7 K discount owing to my employment in a CAT A company per their List.

But I have a series of doubts. Maybe I can get them cleared before I get my delivery -

1. The E6 now does not have the Music System. Should this make me opt for E4?
2. I'm looking for white color? Would it be a good choice considering i plan to keep the set of wheels for 10 long years?
3. 7 seater or 8 seater? (Whats best - Say if there is luggage to carry?)
4. Would the Teflon Coat + Anti Rust help to begin with on the brand new car?
5. Given 10K for accessories - whats the must I should go for?

Please assist.
Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 23:48   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
!! Excellent Post !! Beejay. I thank you an everyone to provide fair unbiased opinion on here. T-BHP Rocks !!

After a lot of reading, looking around and post a few TDs I have finally decided to freeze a deal on XYLO E6. I am planning to exchange my 5 year old Wagon-R (just 25K) driven for a XYLO E6. I am getting a good buyer for my Wagon-R.

NVM. So this is it! I am going to G3 Motor Tomorrow in Mumbai to finalize the deal on the E6. !! Please Wish me Luck !!. The deal is almost agreed upon but i'll try my best to extract more juice out of it. Until Now I have been promised -
1st year free insurance

But I have a series of doubts. Maybe I can get them cleared before I get my delivery -

2. I'm looking for white color? Would it be a good choice considering i plan to keep the set of wheels for 10 long years?

Please assist.
Hey vista i own a white xylo e8 abs it is quiet easy to maintain unless you intend to park it the sun always it will last for quite some time(Paint quality is quite good).

Don't consider the e4 just because there is no music system in the e6 look at the equipment difference then decide your variant.
The oe music system provided in the e8 is a total waste it has option for usb and aux but the sound quality is not that good if you like your music loud then you will be throwing away the oe music system like me.

According to me the 7 seater and 8 seater does not make much of a difference with regards to luggage because you have very negligible space between the mid row captain seat.
I am not very sure about the coatings i did not get it done on my xylo.

I got floor mats, mud flaps, sun film,car cover, an idol and perfume for the free accessories

regards
rocky

Last edited by rocky080 : 24th December 2009 at 23:51.
rocky080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 00:32   #22
BHPian

!! Thank you for the prompt response !! Rocky

I feel a lot more confident now. I forgot to add also what I am getting free is their 3 or 4 year warrnty free.

White is my choice too for I have drive other cars in a maroon and Black before. The whites make the beast look bigger. I feel.

I think i might use the 10 K accessories on a sporty bull guard and shall try to cut in a deal for sun films for free
Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 09:36   #23
BHPian

Default Xyloing!

Quote:

1st year free insurance

Please assist.
Hey Vista,
Congratulations on your choice, I am sure you are going to have blast for the next decade with the beast...
The E6 does have the music system and the E4 does not is that a typo or you are opting for E4 already??
The White colour is a very nice choice, it give the brown colour for the interior pocket's!! which is lilac (yuk!) in other colours, you can even look at Rocky's thread to have a lo0k at the white beast!
Actually you should opt for the variant which matches your seating requirement beacuse anyway even if you opt for the 7 seater you will not be comfortable keeping the luggage between the middle row!, my advice go for 7 seater.
Anti rust coating would surely help so get it.
if you are going for the E4 do get the ski rack , it adds a serious appeal to the car!
Whats the waiting time they have qouted?

All the best, Choose the best,
Regards,
Don_carmaster
Old 25th December 2009, 11:25   #24
BHPian

Quote:
!! Thank you for the prompt response !! Rocky

I feel a lot more confident now. I forgot to add also what I am getting free is their 3 or 4 year warranty free.

White is my choice too for I have drive other cars in a maroon and Black before. The whites make the beast look bigger. I feel.

I think i might use the 10 K accessories on a sporty bull guard and shall try to cut in a deal for sun films for free
Hi vista it comes with a free 4 years or 1,00,000km warranty(might have changed) do not forget to take the warranty certificate at the time of delivery. Try to get a good quality sun film like 3m or garware if you opt for free sunfilm they might try to pass you of some local quality. if your going for the bullguard go in for the rubber like kind( called poly something) from hiker or carryboy. Don't go in for the fiber kind it will not last very long(one touch with something solid and boom its gone) the rubber kind lasts longer it costs around 8k in bangalore. enjoy

@ don carmaster: it is not a very good idea to get the ski racks on variants it is not available in. If it comes factory fitted then its fine. Even i tried to get it done when i bought the car and the service advisor told that A.S.S won't do it as it might cause leaks in the roof and i had to get it done outside.

regards
rocky

Last edited by rocky080 : 25th December 2009 at 11:31.
Old 25th December 2009, 12:02   #25
BHPian

@rocky
The ski rack is only available in the E6 version and not on the E8(Screw Mahindra!) but the *** in my are told that getting the rack fit does not pose any problems..!!
One of the installations was going on in front of me ,and after they drill and insert the ski rack they uncover the interior roof and apply some gel which makes it water proof ,it dries up after 2-3 hours and poof! its Done..I think you should get one done , your beast would look sportier and not to forget it even improves the aerodynamics!!

@ beejay
could you please post some interior shots??

Regards,
Don_carmster

Last edited by don_carmaster : 25th December 2009 at 12:03.
Old 25th December 2009, 13:00   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
@rocky
The ski rack is only available in the E6 version and not on the E8(Screw Mahindra!) but the *** in my are told that getting the rack fit does not pose any problems..!!
One of the installations was going on in front of me ,and after they drill and insert the ski rack they uncover the interior roof and apply some gel which makes it water proof ,it dries up after 2-3 hours and poof! its Done..I think you should get one done , your beast would look sportier and not to forget it even improves the aerodynamics

Regards,
Don_carmster
Hey don carmaster was this installation being done in the A.S.S or some place else. And if it is the A.S.S can you let me know of the cost. I was very keen on getting it done but when the guys told that it would cause leaks i let it go.

Regards
Rocky
Old 25th December 2009, 16:14   #27
BHPian

It was at the A.S.S. and sorry but i dont remember the cost...
Old 25th December 2009, 16:36   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hey Beejay,

congrats on your Xylo. It is definitely a good vehicle especially given the price it come in. I have been driving around in a E8 and i like th equipment level and the space inside. Excellent VFM.

BTW what has surprised me is that the XYLO comes with A/T tyres while Scorpio/Bolero come only in H/T tyres. Any idea why /T in Xylo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
The oe music system provided in the e8 is a total waste it has option for usb and aux but the sound quality is not that good if you like your music loud then you will be throwing away the oe music system like me.
Where is the USB option in the OE music system as I haven't been able to find it.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 18:41   #29
BHPian

Hey mile Cruncher..
Even i agree its VFM
Are you still experiencing problems with the braking system??
Old 25th December 2009, 20:11   #30
BHPian

hey mile cruncher here is picture of the oe system with the usb port. what's the status on your storm crde ? what is the problem that it is taking so long to fix ?

Regards
Rocky
Attached Images