Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 12th December 2009, 11:10   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Fiat has finally obliged to send their Quality Analyst team to inspect my Car fully (from head to toe). I had insisted for a replacement/refund of cost but Fiat had stated in writing that they takes full responsibility for the inspection of the Car by their Quality team and will give me an unconditional Guarantee/Warranty effective the date of replacing the rusted doors.

FIAT has given me in writing that (mail is signed by Anand Kumar - Head of After Sales Service, FIAT India)

1. Acknowledging the fact that the door rust is due to manufacturing defect and they will be replaced at FIAT cost.
2. FIAT company officials will oversee the replacement of door work and painting at Concorde, Chennai.
3. FIAT company officials will check the entire car for manufacturing defects/rusting and will rectify the same. Car to be handed over to me as per original factory condition.
4. Painting on the replaced doors will be as per original factory painting.
5. FIAT will provide a certificate to the effect that the car is free from any manufacturing defects/rusting and provide a warranty/guarantee certificate in writing to that effect.
!
its a good step that FIAT acknowledge its there mistake, it will surely put more confidence in the FIAT buyers. IMHO A manufacturere agreeing to there mistake is huge in Indian market
Old 12th December 2009, 12:10   #182
Senior - BHPian

I have a feeling that the rusting could be because of penetration of water and it's accumulation inside the car.

The beading is known to be of poor quality - water could easily go inside and accumulate in it.

I've also seen when I take my Punto through a puddle of water , the water has a tendency to go in through the door.
Old 14th December 2009, 18:53   #183
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post

In the meanwhile,yesterday i brushed against the wall while reversing. Bad luck !
Despite the parking sensor clearly visible in the picture, thats not purely bad luck .

Last edited by .anshuman : 14th December 2009 at 18:55.
Old 14th December 2009, 21:24   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Despite the parking sensor clearly visible in the picture, thats not purely bad luck .
Agreed, no disputes.
I know i was careless.
Old 17th December 2009, 08:08   #185
Senior - BHPian

What happened did they ever come?.

Did they give you the certificate?
Old 18th December 2009, 10:14   #186
BHPian

Default Excellent Service from Concorde ; Poor response from FIAT India

I took delivery of the car day before yesterday. The following works were completed and the car was delivered as fresh as showroom condition.

1. Both the rusted Rear doors replaced. The paint job is perfect. They have matched it to perfection. This was one area i was so much worried but they have done it to perfection.

2. Root cause for the rusting is the rubber beading which has a metal piece running inside to provide support. This is not changed as the part is not available with TASS. A temporary beading is fixed till such time.

3. Clutch Slave Cylinder replaced under warranty. I dont see any visible difference in the performance as reported by other Linea Owners.

4. Wipers were replaced under warranty as i found them ineffective in the rains. I find the new wipers wobbling similar to what Geeash (Dr. ashwin) had reported in his post. Need to check and replace during my next visit to TASS.

5. TASS filled (top up) all fluids and engine oil free of cost without me asking for it.

6. Rear bumper was painted to perfection (it was scartched while reversing - see my earlier post). Again, this was done free of cost.

7. B pillar sticker in Emotion variant is a glossy one but the same was not available with the TASS. Temporarily a dull finish black sticker is pasted as the sticker is delayed from FIAT end. Both the dull one and the glossy one has the same reference number. This is causing confusion at FIAT end resulting in FIAT despatching dull ones despite mentioning in the intend that the stickers are meant for Emotion variant ( dull ones are for Active and Dynamic Variant; Glossy ones for Emotion & E PK)

8. The car was washed thoroughly, waxed and interior cleaned by the 3M guys posted at Concorde Motors. This was again done free of cost.

Good Service from Concorde Motors
Overall a pleasent experience with Concorde Motors. I was constantly updated with the status even though they delivered the car in 8 days time against the promised time of 4 days.

I was given a Palio Stile in the meantime as a spare car.

Poor Response from FIAT India
Refer my earlier post on the mail i received from FIAT India (Anand Kumar) promising to send FIAT Quality Analyst to check the car and certify that there are no rust and guarantee me against rusting etc.

I was informed that couple fo QA's from FIAT will visit the TASS on tuesday afternon to inspect the car. None turned up.

I called up FIAT, bashed them up and they said, the QA's couldnt reach the TASS because of rains in Chennai !!!!!. I was promised that they would meet me on wednesday, again, i was disappointed.

I had availed 2 days off from my work expecting FIAT guys to meet me.

I spoke to Anand who was apologetic and again gave me a promise that he would send his people in the next week. Shocking attitude from FIAT !

I have written a strongly worded message to all the top guys in FIAT highlighting the irresponsible attitide of the FIAT management. I have also attached all the correspondence i had with them including the mail from Anand Kumar promising me to send his QA's and giving me a warranty certificate against rusting.

Spares are delayed beyond a month including wipers which are not available at Concorde Motors. TASS blames FIAT for delay in supply of spares. Even after one year of launching Linea, they do not have clear part numbers for each of the variant.

I am suprised at the way Concorde Motors has turned around and delieverd the car to my utmost satisfaction. This is the first time i felt so happy after coming out of Concorde Motors.

While there is a visible change in the attitide of TASS (especially the Concorde guys), the same is not supported by FIAT by providing quick despatch of spares. FIAT has to quickly put in a place a robust After Sales Service and quick despatch of spares, else, i am sure they are headed for another disaster.

FIAT's spares and despatch are managed by TATA Motors. While spare parts for Manza and other TATA cars are easily available off the shelf, FIAT product/spares has a waiting period of almost 15-30 days. Is TATA messing it up ?

This attitude from FIAT (TATA motors ?) is not going to take them anywhere. My only prayer is that Linea and Punto should never go the Palio way.

Whatever said and done, i forget all the pains while i am inside my Car. Hope FIAT keeps all their customers and fans satisfied.
Old 18th December 2009, 10:20   #187
Senior - BHPian

Great to hear bnzjon.
Finally.... everything ended up with Very Happy Notes.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 18th December 2009, 10:36   #188
Senior - BHPian

Good to know of the +ve experience you had with concorde. Even I've been fairly satisfied with Concorde Bangalore.

Hope FIAT puts it's act together w.r.t it's age old problems of spares availability.
Old 18th December 2009, 13:19   #189
BANNED

good to hear about all the rust problems rectified and getting your car as factory condition.Hopefully tata-fiat tieup improves in their spare parts stocks and supplies as its been quite heard from many owners across nation complaning for the same.Some pictures of your new painted parts please.
Old 18th December 2009, 14:28   #190
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear that the work has been completed to your satisfaction. After all ,that is what matters most. The delay in completion of the work might be due to the rains. Anyways as long as the work done is in order, its alright since they have given you a standby car for that duration.
Old 18th December 2009, 15:25   #191
BHPian

The change in attitude of Concorde,Chennai is mainly due to

1. Team BHP - the moment they see the sticker on your car you are well taken care of. While i was at the TASS last week, a red punto sporting the Team BHP sticker on the number plate came up for service. I overheard the SA informing his team that the Car has a Team BHP sticker, pls attend immediately.

2. Geeash ( Dr Ashwin) - the number of times Concorde messed up with his car repeatedly and Ashwin's relentless fight with the top management of Concorde, Chennai is one of the major reason that Concorde is changing the way they treat FIAT customers. Despite all the mess, Ashwin remained loyal to Concorde. The troubles he faced with Concorde and his mails to top guys of Concorde are still discussed with me everytime i visit Concorde. Infact, my car was treated with care fearing Ashwin. Hats off to you Ashwin. (refer Ashwin's post titled Fiat Linea - Emotional regret due to worst A.S.S).

3. Self - I have ended up with them almost every weekend due to some niggling issues/irresponsible servicing from them. I educated them how to login to Team BHP. It was an eye opener for them that quite lot of things about Auto are discussed in this forum. The forum also put them to shame that people bash the TASS for poor service.

Hopefully, TASS continue to provide good quality service to all customers and this is not a one off incident. This would definetely improve FIAT sales as well. All that is required from FIAT end is steady and quick supply of spares.

Last edited by bnzjon : 18th December 2009 at 15:27.
Old 18th December 2009, 15:39   #192
Senior - BHPian

It is not me bnz jon it has always been "us" there. we are the two people whom even the top brass of concorde and fiat feel frightened about.........
Old 18th December 2009, 23:47   #193
BHPian

Interesting posts!
I have shortlisted Linea and SX4 and was leaning towards the Linea, but learning about the issues geeash and bnzjon are facing with respect to the quality of the car and non availability of spare parts makes me wonder if I should ditch the Linea and go with the SX4 instead.

Don't get me wrong, I found the Linea a much better VFM proposition and miles ahead in the looks department. However what use will this be if I need to wait 15-20 days in case I need to get a part changed?

Also, when I read stuff like this:

Self - I have ended up with them almost every weekend due to some niggling issues/irresponsible servicing from them
Geeash ( Dr Ashwin) - the number of times Concorde messed up with his car repeatedly and Ashwin's relentless fight with the top management of Concorde

It does scare me as a potential buyer since I dont want to spend all my free time fighting with the dealer or corresponding with the manufacturer to get something fixed which should have been fine in the first place.

With SX4, most complaints I have heard are about rattles which can be fixed relatively easily (maybe the A@@ are experts by now since almost all Maruti cars seem to have them - no offence to anyone).

Maybe I am reading too much into this so would appreciate some inputs from Linea owners on their experience with the car, dealers/A@@ and FIAT.

Thanks for all your inputs.
Old 19th December 2009, 15:27   #194
BHPian

Default Seat Track/lever changed

I missed to mention this in my earlier post of yesterday - the seat railing/track and the lever were changed during my last visit to the TASS.

The issue of driver seat going down by few notches every day and the thigh touching the lever during ingress and exgress is resolved permanently.

No more pain of adjusting the lever everyday. Thanks to FIAT for changing this free of cost even though there was a delay from FIAT end.
Old 20th December 2009, 00:10   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
Interesting posts!
I have shortlisted Linea and SX4 and was leaning towards the Linea, but learning about the issues geeash and bnzjon are facing with respect to the quality of the car and non availability of spare parts makes me wonder if I should ditch the Linea and go with the SX4 instead.

Don't get me wrong, I found the Linea a much better VFM proposition and miles ahead in the looks department. However what use will this be if I need to wait 15-20 days in case I need to get a part changed?

Also, when I read stuff like this:

Self - I have ended up with them almost every weekend due to some niggling issues/irresponsible servicing from them
Geeash ( Dr Ashwin) - the number of times Concorde messed up with his car repeatedly and Ashwin's relentless fight with the top management of Concorde

It does scare me as a potential buyer since I dont want to spend all my free time fighting with the dealer or corresponding with the manufacturer to get something fixed which should have been fine in the first place.

With SX4, most complaints I have heard are about rattles which can be fixed relatively easily (maybe the A@@ are experts by now since almost all Maruti cars seem to have them - no offence to anyone).

Maybe I am reading too much into this so would appreciate some inputs from Linea owners on their experience with the car, dealers/A@@ and FIAT.

Thanks for all your inputs.
Shreeps, the best thing would be to get in touch with Linea owners in Pune. Try contacting Pragmites- he's from Pune. We've had an issue free A.S.S. experience so dont think that owning Linea also means going to war with the concerned TASS! Yes some owners have had issues but not all. I hope A.S.S. fears dont stop you from owning a damn good car like Linea.

@Binze
Nice to finally hear some reports about Concorde and that they took care of your car. Anyway, could you post pics of the new seat height lever? I'm also planning to go for it.
Closed Thread