Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 20th December 2009, 13:27   #196
BHPian

@firstguri: Thanks. Thats a good idea. I will do so. I had almost decided to take the plunge with the Linea and then the night before I was planning to do the booking, I heard about the T-Jet debut in Jan/Feb.

So now eagerly waiting for the Auto Expo announcements.
Old 21st December 2009, 02:59   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
@firstguri: Thanks. Thats a good idea. I will do so. I had almost decided to take the plunge with the Linea and then the night before I was planning to do the booking, I heard about the T-Jet debut in Jan/Feb.

So now eagerly waiting for the Auto Expo announcements.
Yeah, wait for T-Jet as I'm hoping that it would really be worth the wait. Besides you can weigh your options then.
Old 24th December 2009, 15:33   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Yeah, wait for T-Jet as I'm hoping that it would really be worth the wait. Besides you can weigh your options then.
T-Jet would definetely be worth the wait with higher specs. Heard from TASS that T-jet may be launched only as a 5 gear automatic version. Priced 1.2 - 1.5 lacs more than the current variants.

The reason for the above is that FIAT doesn't want to disturb the current sales pattern of the current variants. T-jet may not sell in big nos because of lower FE but for auto enthusiast who love performance.

Last edited by bnzjon : 24th December 2009 at 15:34.
Old 24th December 2009, 18:44   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Heard from TASS that T-jet may be launched only as a 5 gear automatic version.
What? Now thats a scoop right there. AFAIK Fiat has a semi-automatic called Dual Logic. But frankly I am not expecting Fiat to bring that in. Also there's been no news of that. But if, Fiat does bring it in then that would be as great as the T-Jet itself.
Old 25th December 2009, 14:06   #200
BHPian

Hi, bnzjon. Now I have got enough rust just like you. But I have got rust even in the boot! Check out my thread - My proud acquisition Linea 1.4 E+ .
Old 25th December 2009, 20:44   #201
BHPian

Dear GTX,
Get in touch with your TASS and FIAT immediately. They will replace the rusted part with new ones. The only issue would be the painting for which you need to be with them during the painting process.

Mail Mangesh Immediately. Ask for a new car inlieu of the present one.
Ensure FIAT send their quality team during the painting process to oversee the work. Let the FIAT official check the entire car for rusting.

Also, insist for a warranty certificate that there wont be any rusting in the future and they will arrange for replacement, if any.

I am sure FIAT will respond immediately and rectify the rustings. Happy New Year to you.

Last edited by bnzjon : 25th December 2009 at 20:49.
Old 26th December 2009, 18:14   #202
BHPian

Default 10000 kms completed; honest feedback

I completed 10000 kms on Christmas Day.

Completed 10000 kms in 6 months flat which took almost 11-12 months in my earlier cars. Testimony to the fact that the car is fun to drive,

I would rate as follows :

Ride quality, comfort : 9/10
Fuel Efficiency : 9/10
Quality of parts; paint job, etc : 6/10

The car is fun to drive. Good FE as well as excellent driving comfort. The car is stable even at higher speeds (i have touched a max of 160 kmph). I get a mileage of around 11+ in Chennai city and 16+ on highways.

Service at TASS ( June to Oct) : 0/10
Service at TASS (Nov to Dec) : 7/10

In the last 2 months, there is a sea change in the atttude of the TASS guys. I could see tremendous improvement in the knowledge level of staff handling Linea/Punto. I would have rated them 9/10 but for the shorter period of time where they have exhibited good service levels.

Response from FIAT India on issues : 8/10

These days i find lack of enthusiasm at the FIAT management in solving issues (compared to earlier days). I dont see the earlier committment shown by Mangesh/other FIAT guys in solving issues. These days i could see them delegate the issues to the TASS level and missing out on the personal interactions. This could be because of the number of issues handled by these guys have gone up with increase in sales.

However i am extremely happy with FIAT for their proactive approach of replacing the following free of cost/under warranty
Seat lever/track (approx cost - rs. 8000)
Clutch slave cylinder (approx cost Rs. 2000).
OEM leather seats - Rs. 12000
Entire Driver seat replaced - Rs. ???
Wash wiper fluid tank
Wiper blades
Replaced both rear doors because of rusting
+ refer my previous posts for other issues etc

The only sore point is that each of the above spare took 10-15 days to be replaced as the same was not available with TASS.

Overall, extremely happy with the car and mixed feeling about the After sales service. However, i see a positive trend emerging.

Last edited by bnzjon : 26th December 2009 at 18:16.
Old 26th December 2009, 20:52   #203
BHPian

A real honest appraisal bnz. Your assumption about Mangesh&Co being flooded with personal intervention could be true. One year down the line, I think we can say that Fiat is here to stay and is ready for the long haul. They have provided accessories list on their site but typically, photos and prices are missing. Good to know that rust problem was killed by door replacement.
Old 26th December 2009, 22:32   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
They have provided accessories list on their site but typically, photos and prices are missing.
Kapil aliya, i dont see the accessories list in the Fiatlinea.in website. Also, there are no additional accessories available in Sales centres too !!!

The one in the FiatIndia website is the old one with just name and description. These are common accessories which are available from Jan'09 onwards. Only new addition i could see is the reverse parking sensor.

Last edited by bnzjon : 26th December 2009 at 22:38.
Old 26th December 2009, 22:41   #205
BHPian

just read thru the entire thread today, and while it started off with great concern, it really looks like the Tata-Fiat guys have actually been working on their A.S.S.! I'm saying this as a neutral observer. Kudos to you for giving an out and out, unbiased report on the issues faced by you.

While the entire experience might have been a little less than perfect, a few more customers leaving showrooms with a smile on their face would go a long way in helping improve Fiat India's Report Card.

Anyway one thing I know for sure, I'm ordering those Team-BHP stickers ASAP!!
Old 27th December 2009, 09:38   #206
BHPian

Hi BNZ, you can go here Fiat India and under "More Information" you will find accessories as the last link.
Old 27th December 2009, 10:58   #207
Senior - BHPian

@nutsnbolts

i have just seen the list. they have just listed what is available with them. these things like leather seats were available since the first. the newest addition is just the reverse parking sensors

this is nothing when compared to what is available in brazil. in brazil the fiat has oem sproilers, metal door scruff plates, chrome mirrors, boot bars, stainless steel pedals, satnav, chrome tail pipes , rain sensors.

even they have 16,17 inch alloy rims available.

i have been waiting for a few of these as these things are not availableeven in aftermarket.

i hope fiat delivers these soon!!

Last edited by geeash : 27th December 2009 at 11:00.
Old 27th December 2009, 14:06   #208
BHPian

Default Nitrogen for my tyres

I have filled Nitrogen for my tyres from MRF tyredrome.

Costed Rs. 40 per tyre plus tax.
Rs. 221 for 5 tyres including taxes

I used to fill 33 and 30 for front and back resp. Now with Nitrogen, its 30 on all tyres.

I could feel visible difference in the ride quality. The steering has become little harder, i could feel that the tyres are well planted on the road.

The tyre noise has come down by atleast 30 percent. Small potholes couldnt be felt.

I was so skeptical about filling Nitrogen for the last 3 months. I am happy now that there is a visible difference in ride quality.

Last edited by bnzjon : 27th December 2009 at 14:09.
Old 27th December 2009, 15:13   #209
Awaiting Email Confirmation

As per Fiat Linea owner's handbook, the cold tyre pressure specified [for fully loaded] is 2.3 bars + 0.3 bar for warm tyres. 1 bar = 14.50326 psi.
2.6 bars = 37.7 psi
2.3 bars = 33.4 psi
Old 27th December 2009, 15:19   #210
BHPian

Does this mean that my tyres are under inflated ? anything above 33/30 have always resulted in a bumpy ride. I found 33/30 to be ideal for normal air and 30 for nitrogen.

>>> Ravi, what is the air pressure you maintain ?
Closed Thread