Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 1st January 2010, 16:22   #226
BHPian

Hi all, geeash (Dr Ashwin) called up on his way to Yercaud. He filled nitrogen @ 33 (from 30) today on all tyres and feels the ride is extremely smooth.

I am still awaiting confirmation from FIAT on this.
Old 1st January 2010, 17:00   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
@firstguri - Are you talking about Nitrogen or air? The place from where I fill air is not a long drive, so I maintain 33 and 30.
I am talking about air. We've never filled nitrogen coz we fill up fuel every 10 days or so and the air in the tyres holds till that time, so only a little top up is required. Also if you round-of the bar to psi figures then you should actually be filling 34 & 31. A little excess air pressure is better than under pressure.

Also another thing that I wanted to bring out was that most of us fill up air from the fuel stations. We fill up from a HP pump and the air station there has a meter that has kg/cm2 mode as well. Now Kg/cm2 is almost same as bar (1 Bar= 1.0195 Kg/cm2). So my advice to owners who are confused about the conversion figures, is to ask the attentdants there to switch to Kg/cm2 mode and then you can do away with the maths. Simple.

Last edited by firstguri : 1st January 2010 at 17:01.
Old 1st January 2010, 23:27   #228
BHPian

Default Free Nitrogen at HP pumps*

While filling petrol at a HP pump, i noticed that N2 is free if fuel is filled for more than Rs. 1000.

Heard from the pump attended that most of the HP outlets in Chennai are offering this.

This is good news as everyone with a car will definetely fill for more than Rs. 1000.

I filled 35 and 33 for my front and rear respectively as suggested by many of you. The ride is good though i dont see any visible difference.
Old 2nd January 2010, 21:00   #229
BHPian

Hi, Congrats on your possession. Im getting my Minimal grey Emotion pk MJD delivered on Jan 6th. Finance is through HDFC. How did you feel dealing with them?
Old 2nd January 2010, 21:31   #230
BHPian

Hi, good decision. I am sure, you will enjoy every minute inside the car.

Is your question about Loan through HDFC ?
Old 2nd January 2010, 21:36   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
While filling petrol at a HP pump, i noticed that N2 is free if fuel is filled for more than Rs. 1000.

Heard from the pump attended that most of the HP outlets in Chennai are offering this.

This is good news as everyone with a car will definetely fill for more than Rs. 1000.

I filled 35 and 33 for my front and rear respectively as suggested by many of you. The ride is good though i dont see any visible difference.
It was free (when you fill for more than 1000 bucks) for exactly two months in the HP pump at Anna Nagar. Last week they wanted 100 bucks for topping up nitrogen. Told them to take a hike and filled air. I have found no difference between nitrogen and air.
Old 3rd January 2010, 00:27   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Hi, good decision. I am sure, you will enjoy every minute inside the car.

Is your question about Loan through HDFC ?
Yes. Did you face any problem, like processing delay, varification delay or anything like that? How much transparency was there in the dealings? And, when taking delivery, is there anything i should look about?
Old 3rd January 2010, 13:22   #233
BHPian

Hi deepu, there were no processing delays. Infact, i gave the papers on a friday evening and the loan was processed and approval given to Concorde motors on saturday around 2 pm.

They were super fast. Infact, Concorde guys were also in touch with HDFC to fasten the processing.

Prior to the handing over the papers, the negotiation over the interest rate took 2 days. I took the loan @ 10.50 % last june.

Pls read the documents where you would be asked to sign in many places. Pls be careful that you dont sign in any blank spaces.

Regarding the car delivery, pls carry the T-BHP checklist with you. It will be more than sufficient.

Check for scratches/uneven paintings on the body and a clean interior. Ensure you take delivery in daylight.

Pls do the PDI as per T-BHP check list before you finalise for registration. FIAT has taken care of all the old issues like panel gaps, chrome falling off etc so you need not worry much.

Another 3 more sleepless nights ! Enjoy the D-day.

Congrats again !

Last edited by bnzjon : 3rd January 2010 at 13:25.
Old 3rd January 2010, 13:42   #234
BHPian

Guess you are having fun with the beauty!

By the way one quick question. I think you had mentioned earlier that there is some noise at the rear parcel tray.

I too have the same problem and its quite annoying. Its like a metallic (like a loose nut / bolt hitting against the body of the car) sound when going over any hump or something. It is coming from the left side of the parcel tray (opp. side of the diesel tank opening)

Were you able to fix it. Is yes, what was the solution? Please help!

Regards,
Sathya
Old 3rd January 2010, 13:54   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Guess you are having fun with the beauty!

By the way one quick question. I think you had mentioned earlier that there is some noise at the rear parcel tray.

I too have the same problem and its quite annoying. Its like a metallic (like a loose nut / bolt hitting against the body of the car) sound when going over any hump or something. It is coming from the left side of the parcel tray (opp. side of the diesel tank opening)

Were you able to fix it. Is yes, what was the solution? Please help!

Regards,
Sathya
It might be Rear Left Seat Belt Assembly.
I had changed it before 5 months and the rattling had settled then .
But now i am getting some rattling/Squeaking noise from the same area and Service Manager,VST told me that this is because of Shocks parts.
I am not 100% sure.If it get worse,I'll check it again
Old 3rd January 2010, 13:59   #236
BHPian

Hi Sathya, welcome to the eluding rattling club from the left side of the rear parcel tray.

Last 6 months, the Concorde guys have tried lot of things including changing the seat belt assembly, door lock etc. The rattling (same as you have mentioned) remains.

I think the sound comes from the lock (pull type to unlock the rear seat) on the rear parcel tray (or) the rear left door lock.

I have left the rattling remain like that. I got used to it even though its annoying esp at night.

If you happen to visit TASS and solve this, pls let me know.

You know, you need to be with the mechanic atleast for 1/2 a day to identify the issue and rectify it (just like what you did last time). These days, i dont have the time in hand becos of office pressure.

Do let me know (or PM) if you could locate the culprit.
Old 3rd January 2010, 14:58   #237
BHPian

Thank you bnzjon. Why I asked you that question is, my verification is getting delayed. Rest every thing is fine. Yes, I have a copy of check list. Planning to do PDI at around 3pm. Aks_karthik has also given suggestions. Will post the pictures soon enough. Thanks a lot.
Old 4th January 2010, 08:38   #238
Senior - BHPian

I am back from yercaud john. i had filled 33 in nitrogen in IOC pump in chennai. i had felt a good difference indeed. the cushioning effect was very good!!.

Even my wife felt like the car was floating in the highways even at 80kmph speed.

And no scrapping in speed breakers

Only sorepoint is that my car had a puncture in rear left tyre when i was returning. Had the repair of tyre and filled nitrogen again for 33 at salem.

now everything is fine now.

just one more silly doubt

Does overinflation of tyre increase the possibility of puncture?

This was the first time my linea got a puncture
Old 4th January 2010, 09:51   #239
BHPian

Hi Ashwin, welcome back.

The air pressure you have is as per the FIAT manual. No overinflation in your tyres.

Over inflation gives you a bumpy ride and you could also feel road shocks. Since you had a smooth ride (floating as mentioned by you), i doubt your tyres were overinflated.

Also, i dont find any logic that N2 should be 3 psi less than air while inflating tyres. So dont worry, your tyres were correctly inflated.

Just found the below while googling (source : JK Tyres)
  1. Over inflation reduces the ability of the tyre to absorb road shocks resulting in a much harsher ride. Excessive over inflation may lead to impact fracture or other casing failures. Over inflation will also cause excessive wear of the centre of the tyre.
  2. Under inflation allows excessive flexing of the tyre, causing excessive internal heat to build up, eventually weakening the casing and causing damage. Under inflation will also cause excessive wear on the shoulder of the tyre resulting in heavy steering and poor handling.
  3. Excessive pressure on the shoulder area will increase wear and reduce stopping distance.
Old 4th January 2010, 12:01   #240
BHPian

I have one question, did you had Teflon coating on your car or not? As i am getting white color only and i want to know if i should go for Teflon or not..
Closed Thread