Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 6th January 2010, 23:17   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Eddy View Post
Is the rubber beading rust-causing issue a problem for all Lineas?

I noticed issues with my wipers within 2 months as well - they were streaking quite a bit. They were perfect initially, the best wipe i've ever come across.However could only bring it to the notice of the SA after ~5 months. He said all wipers have a lifetime of only 4 months or something to that effect, and said I need to buy new ones. Is that true?

P.s.: Keen on seeing which bulbs you upgrade to as well
Rubber beading was the root cause for the rusting in my car. The rubber beading has a metal strip running across for support. Beleive, my rubber beading would have been damaged and the metal strip when contacted with water could have caused the rusting. This was confirmed to me by mail by the FIAT management. They also said that they had received similar complaints from many Linea owners.

Wiper is a known issue. I too faced the same and have replaced it twice. It wobbles/screeches violently after 3-4 months. These are the infact the Best wipers i have used but if the lifetime is only 4 months, thats a cause of concern. I have seen reports from Ashwin (Geeash) too about this in his thread.

You need NOT pay for it. Faulty wiper will be changed free of cost. I had done this twice in the last 6 months. I am happy that FIAT obliges but not sure how long can this go on if we need to change it every 4 months.

Bulbs - i am researching and am very much confused. Not able to decide on this. I may also not change them if i am confused beyond my limits.

Last edited by bnzjon : 6th January 2010 at 23:18.
Old 7th January 2010, 11:20   #257
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Eddy View Post
Is the rubber beading rust-causing issue a problem for all Lineas?
Is yours a Vocal White Linea ? This prob has surfaced only on a few Vocal White Linea's as the color is prone to peel off or crack.

None of the other color Linea's has any rusting issue whatsoever till now.

Yes, I agree that Wipers are one of the best, if not THE best. I've not faced any issues in 9 months.
Old 7th January 2010, 13:41   #258
BHPian

Amit, mine is Vocal White.

There were no cracks/peelings in my Linea. The rusted area were covered by the rubber beading and the metal strips inside those beadings were rusted. Its fine now with the new rubber beadings.

I know some of the Vocal whites had peeling/cracks.
I am scared and am checking my car every weekend if there are any cracks in the paint surface
Old 7th January 2010, 17:49   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I noticed issues with my wipers within 2 months as well - they were streaking quite a bit
Mine is wobbling like a drunkard now especially the one in front of the driver side!!

I have replaced it twice but it still wobbles after initial good wipe!!

I was told by the SA that it is because of the shape of the wiper on right side which is very long and it curves too when it is lited up.

I was told to wax my windscreen too to solve the problem but i have not done it so far as i am doubtful about the consequences !!
Old 7th January 2010, 18:18   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Mine is wobbling like a drunkard now especially the one in front of the driver side!!
Waxing of glass Never heard of! Though there are glass treatment solutions avlbl from Meguairs etc in Chennai.

Are u using normal water+hair shampoo for the wiper liquid OR some branded wiper solution like Sonax/Wurth etc? Better Lubrication quality of the wiper liquid might help, IMO.
Old 7th January 2010, 18:20   #261
BANNED

Binze

Pls check this thread, pg 7, post # 92 & # 96

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1515445 (Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles)
Old 7th January 2010, 18:44   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are u using normal water+hair shampoo for the wiper liquid OR some branded wiper solution like Sonax/Wurth etc? Better Lubrication quality of the wiper liquid might help, IMO.
I am using Wurth solution that orange liquid which is available at TASS!!

Quote:
Waxing of glass Never heard of! Though there are glass treatment solutions avlbl from Meguairs etc in Chennai
i was recommended the same by some here in the car care aesthetics forum too. really sounds weird but seems it is done by a few!!
Old 8th January 2010, 16:57   #263
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I was told by the SA that it is because of the shape of the wiper on right side which is very long and it curves too when it is lited up.
He is just saying bulls
I have yet not faced it. Had it been for shape, everybody would have faced it.
Why don't you try with normal water+shampoo & discontinue Wurth just to test it ?
Old 8th January 2010, 22:12   #264
BHPian

Default Linea price increase

Linea price increased by almost Rs. 20,000 from 1/jan.

The emotion variant (not pack) now cost Rs. 718,000 whereas i purchased it for Rs. 683,660 (ex-showroom Chennai).

Almost rs. 35000 increase in 6 months. I am assuming Linea was sold with a very small margin in the first year.

I am happy that i will get some increase in resale value when i sell my car but feel sorry for the new buyers.
Old 8th January 2010, 23:31   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Linea price increased by almost Rs. 20,000 from 1/jan.

The emotion variant (not pack) now cost Rs. 718,000 whereas i purchased it for Rs. 683,660 (ex-showroom Chennai).

Almost rs. 35000 increase in 6 months. I am assuming Linea was sold with a very small margin in the first year.

I am happy that i will get some increase in resale value when i sell my car but feel sorry for the new buyers.
Yep we are very lucky to get our Linea earlier with a Introductory Offer Price with some issues free too
Though New Buyers spend little more,But they are Lucky as they have enough Knowledge Base in T-Bhp to tackle TASS and Issues.
Final verdict, Every Linea Owners are equally Lucky.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 9th January 2010, 08:39   #266
Senior - BHPian

when i got my emo pack the prce was 7.87 on road now it is almost touching 8.5l lucky me!!.

but anyways when t-jet comes they will reduce the price of saffire to sell it!!
Old 9th January 2010, 10:39   #267
BHPian

That is bound to happen. As per reports, 1.4TJet is likely to cost 9.5 OTR. Once that happens, Fiat will have a bouquet to offer a variety of requirements.
Old 9th January 2010, 11:59   #268
BHPian

Default Philips autolights - proactive customer service

Quote:
Friends, further to the query from Ashwin (Geeash) in his forum, i have the following query again repeated through my thread.

Linea stock bulbs are h1 55w and h7 55w.

Need your help in choosing the right bulb for Linea
1. Philips xtreme power H4
2. Osram Night breaker H1 and H7
3. Philips Chrystal vision 4300k

I am not sure if Philips xterme power H4 will suit linea's H1 and H7 as the accessories shopwala advised me against getting this.

Experts, pls advise as i am too ignorant about these. Usage is mainly for highways.

Pardon me if this is a repeat query and have already replied earlier in this forum

I called up Philips India customer service to enquire about automotive lighting. I was informed that they will ask one of their managers incharge of Auto lighting to call me.

Within 5 mins, i got a call from the person incharge of automotive lightings at Philips India ( Mr D Basha).

Thats quite impressive and thats what is called Proactive customer service. I was quite impressed.

Only h4 ranges are sold in india.
H1 to h7 ranges will be introduced in India from April onwards.

100 samples each of h1 and h7 ranges were supplied ONLY to Reliance Autozone, Gurgoan and Mumbai to test customer reactions.

h1 and h7 ranges sold in other places are DUPLICATES !

Basha said, he will check his stocks if he has any with him by Monday and will deliver the product at my doorstep.

I am not sure, if he will deliver the promise he made, but i am quite impressed by the way they responded and explained to me about auto lights etc.

Last edited by bnzjon : 9th January 2010 at 12:00.
Old 9th January 2010, 23:34   #269
BHPian

Default Features in Emotion

Friends,

1. Does your Emotion/ E pck variant has "auto down front power windows/impulse" on both driver and passenger sides.

I find this enabled only on the driver side in my car ( windows automatically rolling down/up upon pressing the button for 2 secs). The passenger side window button has to be continously pressed for the windows to roll down/up like the rear windows.

Fiat India website mentions both front windows has this feature

2. Does your Emotion (not E pck) variant gives you a beep warning sound like E pack when seat belt is not worn ?

Again, Fiat India website mentions, buzzer is available in Emotion & E pck variant.

I had raised point no. 2 previously but havent received any response, so posting it again.
Old 10th January 2010, 00:56   #270
BANNED

Quote:
Friends,

1. Does your Emotion/ E pck variant has "auto down front power windows/impulse" on both driver and passenger sides.

I find this enabled only on the driver side in my car ( windows automatically rolling down/up upon pressing the button for 2 secs). The passenger side window button has to be continously pressed for the windows to roll down/up like the rear windows.
I've Emo Pk.

Rolling down - both driver & passenger side window glass are 1-touch rolling down

Rolling up - Only driver side glass is 1-touch rolling up. For passenger side galss, it needs to be pressed continuosly to roll it up
Closed Thread