Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2010, 22:29   #271
BHPian
 
bnzjon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 836
Thanked: 125 Times
Default

Amit, thanks !

I assume the website is wrong then. How come FIAT haven't noticed this mistake in the site even after one year !!!!

Any Emotion owners on the seat belt buzzer ?
I think this too is wrongly mentioned in the website. Any confirmation on this, pls ?
bnzjon is offline  
Old 10th January 2010, 23:57   #272
BHPian
 
vinay.pillai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Little Rock, US
Posts: 229
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

@bnzjon
My response for my Linea Emotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
1. Does your Emotion/ E pck variant has "auto down front power windows/impulse" on both driver and passenger sides.
I can roll down all four windows with one touch in my Linea but up with one touch is only available for driver window

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
2. Does your Emotion (not E pck) variant gives you a beep warning sound like E pack when seat belt is not worn ?
No beep sound is available in Emotion. I have spoken to Mahesh & Ashish(Product Manager - FIAT) personally when I bought my car and both confirmed that beep is a feature only in Emotion Pack.
vinay.pillai is offline  
Old 11th January 2010, 07:47   #273
BHPian
 
donarun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 345
Thanked: 17 Times
Default underbelly scrapes

fellow bhpians, yesterday during a trip to chennai outskirts my linea's underbelly scrapped the uneven mud roads twice. the problems i'm facing after the scrape

1. now i hear a "Grrrr" noise when i try to accelerate in the 1st & 2nd gears.

2. Maybe this is a psychological thing ... i feel the engine sounds rough after the scrape

I know the linea's GC is low but it was a real pain to drive it on mud roads. i'm planning to take the car for a check up today. What are the things I should look for ...

@bnzjon: Planning on taking it to Concorde, ambattur. Can you refer any fiat service engineers whom you are familiar with
donarun is offline  
Old 11th January 2010, 08:47   #274
Senior - BHPian
 
geeash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,513
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

Quote:
I can roll down all four windows with one touch in my Linea but up with one touch is only available for driver window
mine is a emp pack and i can roll down all windows with one touch and driverside front alone has a Auto Up feature
geeash is offline  
Old 11th January 2010, 10:25   #275
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ............
Posts: 3,260
Thanked: 4,221 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
now i hear a "Grrrr" noise when i try to accelerate in the 1st & 2nd gears.
No worries, donarun. The exhaust protection bar might have got bent due to impact and it might touch the exhaust pipe when it vibrates at a particular rpm. At that time, it might create that sound. Your T.A.S.S. will set it right in few minutes.
J.Ravi is offline  
Old 11th January 2010, 11:26   #276
BHPian
 
donarun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 345
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
No worries, donarun. The exhaust protection bar might have got bent due to impact and it might touch the exhaust pipe when it vibrates at a particular rpm. At that time, it might create that sound. Your T.A.S.S. will set it right in few minutes.
Ravi, you were right the underbelly plate was touching the silencer pipe. The service mechanic fixed it in few minutes. Now everything seems to be fine.
donarun is offline  
Old 11th January 2010, 13:19   #277
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
I know the linea's GC is low but it was a real pain to drive it on mud roads.
Check Air pressure in your tyres. Is it somewhere around 30 psi ?
VahanPujari is offline  
Old 11th January 2010, 14:45   #278
BHPian
 
bnzjon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 836
Thanked: 125 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
fellow bhpians, yesterday during a trip to chennai outskirts my linea's underbelly scrapped the uneven mud roads twice. the problems i'm facing after the scrape

1. now i hear a "Grrrr" noise when i try to accelerate in the 1st & 2nd gears.

2. Maybe this is a psychological thing ... i feel the engine sounds rough after the scrape

I know the linea's GC is low but it was a real pain to drive it on mud roads. i'm planning to take the car for a check up today. What are the things I should look for ...

@bnzjon: Planning on taking it to Concorde, ambattur. Can you refer any fiat service engineers whom you are familiar with

Meet Sairaj or Sivakumar. They will be able to help you ( hope i am not late in replying)
bnzjon is offline  
Old 11th January 2010, 16:12   #279
BHPian
 
p'arth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 257
Thanked: 85 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post

I assume the website is wrong then. How come FIAT haven't noticed this mistake in the site even after one year !!!!
Another thing not updated on the website ... the pdf brochure still shows vocal white as a color option
p'arth is offline  
Old 11th January 2010, 16:12   #280
BHPian
 
donarun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 345
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Check Air pressure in your tyres. Is it somewhere around 30 psi ?
now that you mention abt it i'll check that too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Meet Sairaj or Sivakumar. They will be able to help you ( hope i am not late in replying)
Met siva and got the car sorted out. thanks.
donarun is offline  
Old 11th January 2010, 23:27   #281
BHPian
 
bnzjon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 836
Thanked: 125 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
Ravi, you were right the underbelly plate was touching the silencer pipe. The service mechanic fixed it in few minutes. Now everything seems to be fine.

I had faced a similar situation earlier and had to visit the TASS for fixing the underbelly plate.

I stay at mogappair (outskirt of Chennai). The roads are pretty bad for almost a km near my place.

Every other day, the underbody scraps which sends shivers down my spine.

Thank God ! Linea has a underbelly plate which protects the engine.

Every month i visit TASS to check the underbody (free of cost ).
bnzjon is offline  
Old 12th January 2010, 01:00   #282
BHPian
 
firstguri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mohali
Posts: 339
Thanked: 295 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Friends,

1. Does your Emotion/ E pck variant has "auto down front power windows/impulse" on both driver and passenger sides.

I find this enabled only on the driver side in my car ( windows automatically rolling down/up upon pressing the button for 2 secs). The passenger side window button has to be continously pressed for the windows to roll down/up like the rear windows.

Fiat India website mentions both front windows has this feature


2. Does your Emotion (not E pck) variant gives you a beep warning sound like E pack when seat belt is not worn ?

Again, Fiat India website mentions, buzzer is available in Emotion & E pck variant.

I had raised point no. 2 previously but havent received any response, so posting it again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
I've Emo Pk.

Rolling down - both driver & passenger side window glass are 1-touch rolling down

Rolling up - Only driver side glass is 1-touch rolling up. For passenger side galss, it needs to be pressed continuosly to roll it up
Now c'mon guys this has been discussed before. And VP this was done in your thread "did you know ....". Now the facts again

Only driver side has auto down and auto up. All the others have only auto down. Auto function is activated when the button is pressed for more than half a second and not two seconds Binze!

The beep for seatbelt is only for Emotion Pk.
And we are owners of Emotion trim.
firstguri is offline  
Old 12th January 2010, 06:04   #283
BHPian
 
shramik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 86
Thanked: 79 Times
Default

I never ever heard about "waxing" a windscreen !!! Tip: Add a about a capful of alcohol (whisky, rum, gin etc) from the residue of an almost finished bottle into the windscreen washer reservoir. The alcohol cleans out the oily film which accumulates on the windscreen over a period of time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Mine is wobbling like a drunkard now especially the one in front of the driver side!!

I have replaced it twice but it still wobbles after initial good wipe!!

I was told by the SA that it is because of the shape of the wiper on right side which is very long and it curves too when it is lited up.

I was told to wax my windscreen too to solve the problem but i have not done it so far as i am doubtful about the consequences !!
shramik is offline  
Old 12th January 2010, 07:49   #284
Senior - BHPian
 
geeash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,513
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

Quote:
Add a about a capful of alcohol (whisky, rum, gin etc) from the residue of an almost finished bottle into the windscreen washer reservoir. The alcohol cleans out the oily film which accumulates on the windscreen over a period of time.
i dont drink and drive , neither does my car!! lol!!
geeash is offline  
Old 12th January 2010, 11:39   #285
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shramik View Post
I never ever heard about "waxing" a windscreen !!! Tip: Add a about a capful of alcohol (whisky, rum, gin etc) from the residue of an almost finished bottle into the windscreen washer reservoir. The alcohol cleans out the oily film which accumulates on the windscreen over a period of time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
i dont drink and drive , neither does my car!! lol!!
Here is something you can quickly try. It was refered by my friend who is highly knowledgeable in Automotives. It sounds weird but also sounds effective:

Take a slices of potato & move it on the surface of the glass.
VahanPujari is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Fiat Linea experience - Vocal White. jaisha8 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 268 3rd January 2014 11:09
Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold ! Sunilrj Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 294 10th June 2012 07:24
Am I the last LINEA Emotion Pk Petrol Ė Vocal White new owner? lightinin95 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 106 19th October 2010 12:20
Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles ghost_rider Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 117 14th July 2010 08:16
Well Well Well keralshobhit Introduce yourself 2 30th May 2009 15:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:34.

Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks