Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 12th January 2010, 13:59   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Now c'mon guys this has been discussed before. And VP this was done in your thread "did you know ....". Now the facts again

Only driver side has auto down and auto up. All the others have only auto down. Auto function is activated when the button is pressed for more than half a second and not two seconds Binze!

The beep for seatbelt is only for Emotion Pk.
And we are owners of Emotion trim.

Firstguri, the "Fiat India" website and the brochures at the showroom still show wrong information !

That's the reason this was raised again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
I called up Philips India customer service to enquire about automotive lighting. I was informed that they will ask one of their managers incharge of Auto lighting to call me.

Within 5 mins, i got a call from the person incharge of automotive lightings at Philips India ( Mr D Basha).

Thats quite impressive and thats what is called Proactive customer service. I was quite impressed.

Only h4 ranges are sold in india.
H1 to h7 ranges will be introduced in India from April onwards.

100 samples each of h1 and h7 ranges were supplied ONLY to Reliance Autozone, Gurgoan and Mumbai to test customer reactions.

h1 and h7 ranges sold in other places are DUPLICATES !

Basha said, he will check his stocks if he has any with him by Monday and will deliver the product at my doorstep.

I am not sure, if he will deliver the promise he made, but i am quite impressed by the way they responded and explained to me about auto lights etc.

Just received a confirmation from Philips India automotive division that Xtreme Power H1 and H7 series are not available in India and earlier stocks sold through Reliance autozone were on experimental basis and were imported from Germany.

H1 and H7 series will be tentatively launched in India mid Feb.

Beware : the above series sold through any other shops "may" be duplicates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Here is something you can quickly try. It was refered by my friend who is highly knowledgeable in Automotives. It sounds weird but also sounds effective:

Take a slices of potato & move it on the surface of the glass.

Everyday, i do quite lot of weird things in the name of inspecting my car (for rust) & for cleaning.

I cant imagine me doing this and my fellow flatwalla's calling me @#$#%#

Last edited by Dippy : 25th February 2010 at 13:04. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 12th January 2010, 19:55   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Firstguri, the "Fiat India" website and the brochures at the showroom still show wrong information !

That's the reason this was raised again.
Yes I know that the info in the brochures and the on the net is wrong. But the way you wrote your post I felt as as if you were querying.
Old 12th January 2010, 22:53   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Yes I know that the info in the brochures and the on the net is wrong. But the way you wrote your post I felt as as if you were querying.
Infact it was a REPEAT query from my side because i was shocked to find wrong info in the net and brouchure.

Thought i dont have those features in my car.

Was infact shocked to see this in the net and brouchures not corrected even after 1 year.

I had filled Nitrogen 10 days back @ 35 and 33 for my front and back respectively.

Today i checked the pressure and found pressures decreased to 33, 31, 31 and 27.

Shocked to find that the pressure was decreased in 10 days time

As Vahanpujari & Geeash rightly stated, there is no logic that Nitrogen stays longer. It is as good as air !!!

I have again filled N2 for all my tyres as it came free while filling petrol. I will continue to fill N2 ONLY as long as its free

Last edited by Dippy : 25th February 2010 at 13:05. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 12th January 2010, 23:08   #289
Senior - BHPian

I do not really think it is possible for new age tubeless tires to lose pressure so fast!
Have you checked with the same gauge both times? Also why dissimilar drop in tire pressure? maybe check your valves?
Old 13th January 2010, 10:52   #290
Senior - BHPian

Thats weird, get your tyre checked for leaks, check the valves too
Old 13th January 2010, 11:40   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had filled Nitrogen 10 days back @ 35 and 33 for my front and back respectively.

Today i checked the pressure and found pressures decreased to 33, 31, 31 and 27.

As Vahanpujari & Geeash rightly stated, there is no logic that Nitrogen stays longer. It is as good as air !!!

I have again filled N2 for all my tyres as it came free while filling petrol. I will continue to fill N2 ONLY as long as its free
Try to fill N2 in Cold Tyre condition.
I too faced the same issue when the tyres were hot.it lose the pressure really fast.
Now a days i fill it in Cold Condition as the IOCL bulk very close to my home
Old 13th January 2010, 16:58   #292

bnzjon,

The 27 might be an issue. Might be a puncture. Get the tyre removed and checked.

Tubeless tyres lose air very slowly in case of a neat puncture with the nail still embedded.

I drove around for more than 500Km with a puncture (with just that tyre losing 6-7 psi while others lost 1-2 psi in 2 weeks) before realizing that i had a puncture.

Sunil

Quote:

Old 14th January 2010, 14:58   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Fiat has finally obliged to send their Quality Analyst team to inspect my Car fully (from head to toe). I had insisted for a replacement/refund of cost but Fiat had stated in writing that they takes full responsibility for the inspection of the Car by their Quality team and will give me an unconditional Guarantee/Warranty effective the date of replacing the rusted doors.

FIAT has given me in writing that (mail is signed by Anand Kumar - Head of After Sales Service, FIAT India)

1. Acknowledging the fact that the door rust is due to manufacturing defect and they will be replaced at FIAT cost.
2. FIAT company officials will oversee the replacement of door work and painting at Concorde, Chennai.
3. FIAT company officials will check the entire car for manufacturing defects/rusting and will rectify the same. Car to be handed over to me as per original factory condition.
4. Painting on the replaced doors will be as per original factory painting.
5. FIAT will provide a certificate to the effect that the car is free from any manufacturing defects/rusting and provide a warranty/guarantee certificate in writing to that effect.

I am not sure if i still need to insist on refund of cost/replacement of Car. Your suggestions pls !

Got a call from Mangesh that their QA team is visiting Chennai next week to inspect my car after the car is being repaired last month for Rusting on the doors.

Mangesh is also joining them and assured me that he would provide a letter as mentioned in my previous post.

Mangesh also said, they are planning to start customer face to face feedback sessions in every city starting soon (similar to the Car & Coffee meet organised at Chennai during June 09).

Last edited by bnzjon : 14th January 2010 at 15:09.
Old 14th January 2010, 15:16   #294
Awaiting Email Confirmation

This is a good initiative of Fiat, which will be welcomed by all Fiat customers. At last, bnzjon is going to see light at the end of the tunnel!
Old 15th January 2010, 13:45   #295
BHPian

Default Logo on the Key

The logo on the remote key fell off at office yesterday.
I found there was a small screw below the logo.

I got it immediately from under my desk. It's just a clip type, just needed to press it and it's in place.

Beleive me, i felt so upset looking at the key without the logo
Old 15th January 2010, 14:09   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The logo on the remote key fell off at office yesterday.
I found there was a small screw below the logo.

I got it immediately from under my desk. It's just a clip type, just needed to press it and it's in place.

Beleive me, i felt so upset looking at the key without the logo

Falling logo !!! i hope this doesnt end up as a niggle like falling chrome strips
Old 16th January 2010, 14:22   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Guess you are having fun with the beauty!

By the way one quick question. I think you had mentioned earlier that there is some noise at the rear parcel tray.

I too have the same problem and its quite annoying. Its like a metallic (like a loose nut / bolt hitting against the body of the car) sound when going over any hump or something. It is coming from the left side of the parcel tray (opp. side of the diesel tank opening)

Were you able to fix it. Is yes, what was the solution? Please help!

Regards,
Sathya
Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
It might be Rear Left Seat Belt Assembly.
I had changed it before 5 months and the rattling had settled then .
But now i am getting some rattling/Squeaking noise from the same area and Service Manager,VST told me that this is because of Shocks parts.
I am not 100% sure.If it get worse,I'll check it again
Quote:
Hi Sathya, welcome to the eluding rattling club from the left side of the rear parcel tray.

Last 6 months, the Concorde guys have tried lot of things including changing the seat belt assembly, door lock etc. The rattling (same as you have mentioned) remains.

I think the sound comes from the lock (pull type to unlock the rear seat) on the rear parcel tray (or) the rear left door lock.

I have left the rattling remain like that. I got used to it even though its annoying esp at night.

If you happen to visit TASS and solve this, pls let me know.

You know, you need to be with the mechanic atleast for 1/2 a day to identify the issue and rectify it (just like what you did last time). These days, i dont have the time in hand becos of office pressure.

Do let me know (or PM) if you could locate the culprit.

Satya, did you fix this ?
Old 17th January 2010, 01:19   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Satya, did you fix this ?
count me in too. i too get a noise from back right from the delivery of the vehicle . i guess even god cannot fix this. i have tried checking various things to find out from where it arises but still i am not able to find it out.
Old 17th January 2010, 01:33   #299
BHPian

I am planning to Install front windsheild sunfilm as summer in Chennai will start anytime now and will extend upto December.

Linea's AC is just OK and i feel the front windsheild film should help in improving the AC cooling. What say ?

>>> Ashwin, Karthik, can you guys post pictures of your front windsheild from inside and outside. Also, share your experience on cooling effect, pls.
Old 17th January 2010, 01:44   #300
Senior - BHPian

mate the front windshield film is 70% transparent . even the glass in our linea is 70% transparent. so even if i take a photo and post it here it will just look like plain glass.

As far as the A/C cooling is concerned the cooling is good after the sunfilm installation. the car doent get heated up as much even when i park the car under the blazing sun. so in that way it helps in cooling the cabin faster too

more over it also prevents the ageing of the plastics and seats due to direct exposure of UV rays

You can download a xls ile from post no 40 in my thread and see the definition tab for more details
Closed Thread