Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 29th January 2010, 18:26   #331
BHPian

Oh bnzjon, I was actually going to ask you to refer about my Linea to Mangesh when you meet him. But seeing your post I thought that he will be coming by tomorrow only. But you posted it on 29th jan 00:57! I didn't notice that and thought he will be coming on 30th. Anyway I will be contacting Mangesh within two days. By today evening I will post all the photos of the rusted portions of my Linea.
Old 29th January 2010, 18:43   #332
BHPian

GTX, i informed about your case to Mangesh. Infact, showed him the photos of your rusted portions from your thread.

He was shocked

Suggest, pls get in touch with FIAT immediately.
The more your delay, the chances of FIAT claiming it as user negligence is high.

Last edited by bnzjon : 29th January 2010 at 18:50.
Old 29th January 2010, 19:28   #333
BHPian

Thanks a lot bnzjon. Now see my thread for more pics.
Old 29th January 2010, 20:26   #334
BHPian

GTX, i saw your post. The pictures looks scary.
Pls get in touch with FIAT "immediately".

Other things in life can wait. Dont allow rust to eat your hard earned money.

I thought your's was Vocal white and almost came to the conclusion that rusting is only in Vocal white Cars.

>>>> Lineans, pls check your car as well. I presume, rusting can easily be seen in lighter shades and have been reported by Vocal white and Bossa nova white owners. Those with darker shades, pls check ASAP
Old 30th January 2010, 13:18   #335
BHPian

bnzjon, Did he tell you anything about the improvements made in the 2010 models ?
Old 30th January 2010, 15:05   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donzerus View Post
bnzjon, Did he tell you anything about the improvements made in the 2010 models ?

He just smiled for that and did not answer anything.
He just said, improvement is a continous process based on customer feedback.

So, I assume (even ashwin) that few improvements in the interiors are made as indicated by Sidindica too.

Maybe, FIAT is not open about it fearing backlash from old customers. One of the team member who came along with Mangesh opined that the feel of dashboard & some alignments have improved based on customer feedback.

I personally checked my car with a new Linea(2010) side by side. I dint feel any difference at all.
My personal feeling (perception ?) is that the interior feel of the 2009 is good (may be not great).

Last edited by bnzjon : 30th January 2010 at 15:07.
Old 30th January 2010, 15:27   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Interior finish alone is improved ( the grains in the dashboard are softer now) as per mangesh

That is the only improvement
Old 30th January 2010, 16:58   #338
BHPian

I only hope that they are not creating a psychological improvement Truly speaking, I agree with BNZ that I find present plastics of Linea grainy and luxurious enough.
Old 30th January 2010, 17:46   #339
BHPian

I was going through all the threads where rusting in Linea/Punto has been reported in T-BHP. I was of the impression that Vocal White was discontinued because of rusting as claimed by someone in the forum.

Some of the T BHP users who have reported rustings are as below :

Bnzjon - Vocal White
SDP1975 (punto) - Bossa Nova white
Sushubh - Minimal Grey
Drdeepudev - Minimal Grey
GTX007 - Bossa Nova white

Mine and SDP1975 had rusting on areas where the rubber beading was attached to the doors.

Drdeepudev and Sushubh had on door and boot edges.

GTX007 have reported on various areas.

All the rustings have been reported in lighter shades.
(Maybe, the rustings are clearly visible in lighter shades)

Another point is that the above owners have purchased cars as early as Apr 2009 and as latest as Jan 2010.

Except Sushubh, all the other owners are from south ( Gurgoan -1, bangalore -1, Kerala -2 and Chennai 1). That is, 3 out of 5 are from coastal areas (only).

No conclusions arrived. I am guessing that the metal used could be of inferior quality.

Your views pls.

Last edited by bnzjon : 30th January 2010 at 17:49.
Old 30th January 2010, 18:22   #340
Senior - BHPian

It is puzzling. Dont wreck your brain by all these analysis.

May be the rusting part is coming from one specific vendor who makes these inferior quality doors.

5 of you have reported and may be others who dont have access to online cannot report. only fiat can drive a valid conclusion as they are the ones who can really analyse the problem as they would know all the details of the car and where from the parts are sourced
As far as the light colour theory is concerned, i just now spoke to karthik. He told me that everyday he is searching for the rusting but he is yet to see any part of the car rust. His linea is minimal grey

I have personally checked my car a couple of times when i washed, i didnt see it rust, though i have not analysed every nook and corner like you. i have only seen what meets my eye

May be ill check it when my car comes back from service.

as for others please check your car tomorrow ( as it is sunday and you guys will be probably free) and please report back
Old 31st January 2010, 17:09   #341
BHPian

I was passing through the TASS today. Just thought will go and see how my car is kept on a sunday.

I was surprised to see all the Linea's & Punto's covered with a plastic sheet cover. That was a pleasant suprise and change in the way how they used to treat the car's earlier. (TATA cab cars were kept in the open).

My car was in the paint booth, painting the front doors.

>>> Ashwin, the TASS guys were working on your car with the seats covered with a plastic sheet. Being a sunday, there were no cars for servicing. 2- 3 guys were only working on your car.

The workshop environment was so peaceful with the workers concentrating on their work with no distractions.

Last edited by bnzjon : 31st January 2010 at 17:10.
Old 31st January 2010, 21:53   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post

I was surprised to see all the Linea's & Punto's covered with a plastic sheet cover. That was a pleasant suprise and change in the way how they used to treat the car's earlier. (TATA cab cars were kept in the open).
That's amazing. Finally, Fiat started getting royal treatment.. Once myself and vsarath had a chance to visit the yard and service sentre of concorde motors, cochin. We were shocked to see how they treated fiat cars. Lineas and puntos were in a corner, covered with dust and even wipers were not raised. Stock cars and to be serviced cars were kept like that. I felt there was a bias towards Tata cars, which was kept clean and tidy. Im glad to know that things are changing. Waiting for your future updates.
Old 1st February 2010, 08:31   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ashwin, the TASS guys were working on your car with the seats covered with a plastic sheet. Being a sunday, there were no cars for servicing. 2- 3 guys were only working on your car.
I am surprised. what were they doing? have they painted the scratch?. was it at the paintbooth too?
Old 1st February 2010, 16:22   #344
BHPian

Ashwin, they were doing some mechanical works. The scratched portion had putty (i am not sure) applied and they said, they will paint it as soon it is dried.
Old 1st February 2010, 23:19   #345
Senior - BHPian

What happened binze? did they repaint the door? did the guy from BASF come? Did mangesh tell you anything about the letter?
Closed Thread