Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 1st February 2010, 23:37   #346
BHPian

No news from Mangesh yet.
None from BASF came as promised by Mangesh. Tried reaching him but he is not picking up.

I have shot a mail to him to get in touch with me and i am upset that promise is not being kept.

Lets see tommorrow if he responds.

The car is ready for me to collect.
I am waiting for the BASF guys to inspect for additional rusts so that i could take the car with complete peace of mind.

Btw, are you going to the TASS tommorrow. If yes; pls give me a call. I need a favour.

I would request you to inspect my car as well, as i am travelling tommorrow on business and will be back only on wednesday and again i am travelling wednesday evening and will be back only on Saturday. I doubt whether i will be able to collect my car this week.

Last edited by bnzjon : 1st February 2010 at 23:47.
Old 2nd February 2010, 18:12   #347
Senior - BHPian

They have done a good job in your car binze. they have painted the door to perfection and they were polishing the door too. all the rust is gone now . even the sunfilm issue is resolved in your car now. i think this time you will be happy!!!
the car will be ready tonight as per the SA you can collect it tonight!!
Old 2nd February 2010, 18:25   #348
BHPian

Default Thanks Ashwin !

Thanks Doctor.

Thanks for spending your valuable time taking car of my car in my absence. Infact, i should thank T-BHP for identifying like minded people who are ready to help in case of need.

Just got a call from TASS informing me that you were inspecting every corner of the car and instructing them to do the needful.

Appreciate your kind help.

Believe TASS has messed up with one of the B pillar stickers and they do not have stock. They are contacting 3M, Chennai to get a replacement tonight itself (3M is the OE for FIAT stickers). I am happy that they are taking that extra effort to arrange it rather than give excuses.

Such attitude of TASS will ensure FIAT have happy customers and will erase the past bad memories.

Mangesh has also confirmed that Technicians from BASF will be at TASS tommorrow to inspect the car and will give me a letter that the car is rust free. I will take delivery of the car tommorrow afternoon.

Last edited by bnzjon : 2nd February 2010 at 18:30.
Old 2nd February 2010, 18:30   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am happy that they are taking that extra effort to arrange it rather than give excuses.
They are doing that now. for example they didnt have the small red round sticker ( reflective type) which was to be stuck on the door. It seems since you insisted on the sticker they had sent a person to nearby sticker shop, measuring the exact diameter of the same to get a stcker ready for you
Old 2nd February 2010, 22:57   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
They are doing that now. for example they didnt have the small red round sticker ( reflective type) which was to be stuck on the door. It seems since you insisted on the sticker they had sent a person to nearby sticker shop, measuring the exact diameter of the same to get a stcker ready for you

All I can say is Wow! This is close to unheard levels of service. Kudos Fiat (should I add Tata's name too ).
Old 2nd February 2010, 23:04   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
All I can say is Wow! This is close to unheard levels of service. Kudos Fiat (should I add Tata's name too ).

Amartya, of course the credit should also go to TATA as every TASS employee is part of the erstwhile TATA and today's TATA- FIAT JV service centres.

Some months back, when the service levels were absolutely bad, the top management of Concorde rued that their employees were dealing with cab drivers and owners. The staff never knew what a scratch on the car would feel like and never a cab driver questioned them.

Today, after handling Linea and Punto customers, they are able to handle cars as cars and not mere machines.

Recently i met the bodyshop incharge at Concorde. He said, if every employee handle the car as they handle their kids, there wouldn't be the need for a Customer Relationship Manager at every service centre.

Quick turnaround of the TATA employees from their earlier mindset should definetely be appreciated. Kudos to both Fiat and Tata.

Last edited by bnzjon : 2nd February 2010 at 23:07.
Old 2nd February 2010, 23:09   #352
BHPian

Congrats binze. and dr.ashwin too. Finally the matters are solved. Sticker issue gives gooseflesh. Is it the same old TASS? Any way its a great effort.
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:00   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
No news from Mangesh yet.
None from BASF came as promised by Mangesh. Tried reaching him but he is not picking up.
Is this the practice that they follow?

I am trying to reach CRM of concorde chennai since yesterday to check about a parts arrival. He never picks my call.
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:48   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnagarajs View Post
Is this the practice that they follow?

I am trying to reach CRM of concorde chennai since yesterday to check about a parts arrival. He never picks my call.

Nagaraj, pls try Sairaj who is the centre manager incharge.
Their board nos are 65511070 and 71.

I was at TASS today for almost 1 hour looking after my door painting. I will be again going to TASS on saturday morning to take delivery of my car (am travelling on business for the next 2 days).

Please pm me if you need any help.
Old 3rd February 2010, 15:47   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Nagaraj, pls try Sairaj who is the centre manager incharge.
Their board nos are 65511070 and 71.

I was at TASS today for almost 1 hour looking after my door painting. I will be again going to TASS on saturday morning to take delivery of my car (am travelling on business for the next 2 days).

Please pm me if you need any help.
Thanks bnzjon. I tried reaching sairaj but sivakumar (CRM) attended my call . Still they havent got the parts yet but assured me he will update me as soon he gets it.

I dont have any hope on them.

Let me wait for one more day before I think whether I need to escalate to someone.

Regards,
Nag
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:22   #356
Senior - BHPian

I called them today too. sairaj mobile is not reachable and sivakumar is not picking up
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:54   #357
BHPian

What i noticed with Concorde Motors is that they have daily team huddles for 30 to 45 mins twice every day involving all employees.

During this meeting none of them including the senior managers pick up their calls. The Huddles happen around 10 am and 3 pm everyday. During these meetings they discuss technical updates, customer complaints etc.

I was once there at TASS the whole day and i noticed this. Very strange practice. Customers are totally ignored during these team huddles.

One way the huddles are good (from TASS management point of view) as communication is flowing instantly to all employees but from the customer's point is view, its irritating that we end up calling and none picking up.

I asked one of the office staff once and he replied that they have been given strict instruction from the management that mobiles should be in silent mode during such meetings !
Old 3rd February 2010, 17:07   #358
BHPian

If this trend continues in the long term, and competition/good practices like this are spread all across, without the mfrs/a.s.s bothering only about bottomlines, you guys should pat yourself on the back, for your passion & "getting things done" attitude.

Way to go Fiat/Tata/Concorde! Keep up the pressure guys!
Old 3rd February 2010, 17:12   #359
BHPian

Quote:

During this meeting none of them including the senior managers pick up their calls. The Huddles happen around 10 am and 3 pm everyday.
Not only during this meeting, whenever they are not able to keep up with their words, they dont attend the call.

I have faced this issue for last todays. Finally I caught them at the land line number.
Old 4th February 2010, 05:27   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Mangesh has also confirmed that Technicians from BASF will be at TASS tommorrow to inspect the car and will give me a letter that the car is rust free. I will take delivery of the car tommorrow afternoon.
BASF team had checked my car the whole of yesterday afternoon.
I am yet to receive an update from the TASS. Tried reaching them since yesterday evening but to no avail. None picking the calls and replying to SMS's.

>>>> Ashwin, need your help again in contacting Sairaj and finding out the outcome of BASF checking the car. As i am travelling and on business calls, i am finding it tough to reach anyone in Concorde. I have also limited access to my mails and T BHP (am writing this at 5.30 am), so you may SMS me at your convenience, thanks again.

Last edited by bnzjon : 4th February 2010 at 05:29.
Closed Thread