Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 4th February 2010, 07:07   #361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ashwin, need your help again in contacting Sairaj and finding out the outcome of BASF checking the car. As i am travelling and on business calls, i am finding it tough to reach anyone in Concorde. I have also limited access to my mails and T BHP (am writing this at 5.30 am), so you may SMS me at your convenience, thanks again.
ok dude!. i will enquire and keep you posted
Old 4th February 2010, 12:11   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
If this trend continues in the long term, and competition/good practices like this are spread all across, without the mfrs/a.s.s bothering only about bottomlines, you guys should pat yourself on the back, for your passion & "getting things done" attitude.

Way to go Fiat/Tata/Concorde! Keep up the pressure guys!

Very well said, I believe that the "team huddle" is a very good move. It will also lead to dissemination of knowledge between the people at the workshop and that can only be a good thing.

Tata-Fiat may not be a lost cause as many on teambhp seem to think.
Old 5th February 2010, 00:41   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
BASF team had checked my car the whole of yesterday afternoon.
I am yet to receive an update from the TASS. Tried reaching them since yesterday evening but to no avail. None picking the calls and replying to SMS's.

>>>> Ashwin, need your help again in contacting Sairaj and finding out the outcome of BASF checking the car. As i am travelling and on business calls, i am finding it tough to reach anyone in Concorde. I have also limited access to my mails and T BHP (am writing this at 5.30 am), so you may SMS me at your convenience, thanks again.

Ashwin, thanks for your SMS and the effort you took to reach the TASS guys whole of today.

I too tried the SA couple of times from morning but none picked up. Finally could reach Sairaj around noon. He confirmed that BASF team have fully checked the car and have confirmed that there are no rust anywhere

I feel releived.

Now, the next step is that BASF will send a mail confirmation on this to FIAT and Fiat will inturn issue a letter to me as i mentioned in this thread earlier.

Followup with FIAT for the letter begins.....

Last edited by bnzjon : 5th February 2010 at 00:42.
Old 5th February 2010, 20:35   #364
BHPian

Just landed in Chennai (i was on official tour and had very limited access to internet). The first thing before even changing my dress/removing my shoe was to connect to T-BHP (obviously,my wifey is furious).

I am collecting my car tommorrow. Hope the paint job was done to perfection.

Just called the TASS and the SA told me that the paint job is perfect and no visible difference . He was apologetic for the delay and said "saar, door replacing and painting supera irrukku saar. Out paint shop guys have never done such a wonderful job" (should i beleive him ?).

Anyways, keeping my fingers crossed and sincerely praying for a good paint job. Will post tommorrow with pictures.
Old 5th February 2010, 22:47   #365
Senior - BHPian

Give them a pat from my side too.

I need you to do me a favour. can you get me the linea and emotion logo from TASS when you go tomorrow.

I will reimburse you the cost.

it seems senthil is on leave and he cant come and i have to come all the way for this simple matter!!
Old 6th February 2010, 14:08   #366
BHPian

Ashwin, am going there at around 3 pm; will collect the same for you.

I will be at my guindy office on monday from 12 pm onwards. If possible you may collect the same else will think of alternate arrangements.
Old 6th February 2010, 21:45   #367
BHPian

Just came back after taking delivery of my car from TASS.

The paint job is perfect. It is matching 100% with the rest of the body. Good paint job done.

I will post pictures tommorrow since it is dark outside.

Now all my 4 doors are replaced with new ones.

Checked the entire car if there are any more issues/signs of rusting but found none. Anyways, FIAT as well as BASF have also checked for the same few days back.

There are rust in the shock absorber mount screw studs and screws near engine near the belt. These are normal rustings as it is made of cast iron and found on all cars parked there.

Now i need to get the letter from FIAT as stated in the previous posting. Hopefully i should get it on monday.

Along with the replacement of doors, the following works were also completed.

1. Wiper squeaking and wobbling : Replaced the wiper stalk/arm on the right side FOC under warranty.

Checked and found the issue solved. The wipers are absolutely fine with zero wobbling and wipes of entire water in a single wipe.

2. Gear knob vibrations while idling is rectified.

3. Front suspension Noise : I had experienced noise (like air releasing) whenever i go over a speed bump. Last time, the Link rods, suspension, Antiroll bar were replaced under warranty but still the sound persisted.

Now the culprit is found after many test runs on speed breakers. It is the long flimsy mud flaps which sweep the speed breakers while going over them. We found this after removing the mudflaps and going over speed bumps.

Crazy ! Me along with a mechanic had to spend almost 2 hours to crack it.

Anyways, have to live with it until FIAT comes up with a redesigned mudflap like the ones in SX4/Verna.

4. Wheel alignment and Balancing - done free of cost

5. There were couple of Rattlings which were eluding the service guys/me. Finally, to my surprise, they have disappeared with the new doors.

6. Fuel flap was hard to close - rectified.

7. Few scratches were painted along with the door. Again free of cost, thanks to the rusted doors.

8. 3M sunfilm (RE35) on one of the windows developed a 25 paise size bubble !!!. Replaced under warranty coordinating with the 3M guys in the sales dept at Concorde.

Washing was not done to my satisfaction. Made them wash the car again, waxed, interiors cleaned, rubber beadings and windows cleaned with 3M products.

Pending work : one of the B pillar sticker was torn while pasting (it had to be pasted because the doors were replaced). No stock available with TASS. Order placed 5 days back and expected anytime.

I had seen another Linea (an accident car) which was done to perfection. Instead of the B Pillar stickers, the portion was painted to Gloss. It looked better than the glossy stickers and had 100% matching with OE Stickers.
When enquired, the body shop incharge said, the stickers are very flimsy and they suggest painting.

Few things like the mudflap making noise (which was finally found by me), washing not proper could have been looked into by TASS.

Overall, an excellent and pleasent experience. I would definetely rate them 9/10 (1 point lost because of the previous paragraph).

Last edited by bnzjon : 6th February 2010 at 21:46.
Old 7th February 2010, 14:07   #368
BHPian

Default Pictures post paint work and rust treatment - 1/3

Pictures taken using my HTC mobile phone. Apologies for the low picture quality.

All the four doors have been replaced and painted at TASS. The paint work is absolutely matching with the rest of the body.

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00681.jpg

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00682.jpg

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00683.jpg

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00684.jpg

Last edited by bnzjon : 7th February 2010 at 14:19.
Old 7th February 2010, 14:14   #369
BHPian

Default Pictures post paint work and rust treatment - 2/3

Apologies for the low quality Image. Pictures taken using HTC mobile.

All the four doors have been replaced and painted at TASS. The paint work is absolutely matching with the rest of the body.

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00685.jpg

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00687.jpg

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00688.jpg

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00689.jpg

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00686.jpg

Last edited by bnzjon : 7th February 2010 at 14:19.
Old 7th February 2010, 14:17   #370
BHPian

Default Pictures post paint work and rust treatment - 3/3

Apologies for the low quality image as the pictures are taken using a HTC mobile.

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00691.jpg

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00692.jpg

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00694.jpg

Last edited by bnzjon : 7th February 2010 at 14:22.
Old 7th February 2010, 14:27   #371
BHPian

Default One more

One more - the last one which i could afford to take before my mobile's memory is exhausted.

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00690.jpg

The above pictures are just to show you how good the paint work was carried out by TASS. No difference at all.

10/10 for the paint job.
Old 8th February 2010, 01:07   #372
BHPian

good to see that rusting are taken seriously by FIAT.

I saw the first sign of rusting in my Linea y'day. Its around the lock in left rear door.
Old 8th February 2010, 09:59   #373
BHPian

Vinay, the trigger for me to check my car was a small rusting around the rear locks. This prompted to me have a casual check under the beading and was shocked to find rust.

I am happy that FIAT took care of the issue on priority. End of the day, i am a satisfied FIAT customer despite all issues.
Old 9th February 2010, 00:55   #374
BHPian

Today went with my friend to Jeewajee Car Decor at Annanagar for some accessories for his new Punto 1.4

I was checking out if they could source Door sills/kick plates and Seat belt cushion for my linea. They said its tough to get it anywhere in India as they have received many enquires for Punto and Linea in the last 6 months and is not available anywhere.

I saw various Chrome exhausts (priced Rs. 300 to Rs. 2000) displayed which i felt would look good on Linea.

The sales boy said, Linea's exhaust is pointing downwards and can not be fitted.

Has anyone tried those ? i havent seen any thread where Linea owners have fitted a chrome exhaust.
Old 9th February 2010, 08:06   #375
BHPian

The workmanship looks good bnz. A thorough job. Thumbsup to the TASS.
Closed Thread