Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 10th February 2010, 01:37   #376
BHPian

Default Mailer from Concorde - is there going to be another increase in Price ?

I received a mailer from Concorde Motors, Chennai today that prices of Linea and Punto may go up as per the below article.

It was a routine marketing mailer but prices could go up if there is an increase in excise rate which is very likely in this budget.

Source: The Economic Times
Edition: Mumbai Edition
Source: 25th January 2010

The government is considering an across-the-board increase in excise duty in the Union budget 2010-11, as it faces pressure to withdraw fiscal stimulus measures in the wake of a 16-year high fiscal deficit of 6.8% in the current financial year. "One opinion being considered is the increase in the cenvat rate by 2% while leaving the service tax rate unchanged at 10%", a finance ministry official told ET. Cenvat refers to the median excise duty, tax on manufacture of goods, levied on nearly 90% of the goods made in the country.

More services could be brought under the tax net to allow the government to keep the service tax rates unchanged, the official said, requesting anonymity. A hike in service tax rate would be an immediate burden on consumers already battling high food prices. The proposal is at an early stage and may undergo significant changes by the time the budget is presented.

An alternate proposal is also under consideration, which moots an increase in excise rates in sectors that are doing well such as automobiles, instead of an across-the-board hike.
Old 11th February 2010, 01:44   #377
BHPian

Default FIAT Customer service Camp

I had a chat with Mangesh Kodalkar regarding the letter for repairs done on my car.

He informed that FIAT is planning to hold 2 day customer service/feedback camp in every city where they have a sizeable population of Linea and Punto customers.

The basic idea is to offer free service camps to customer, get feedback from existing Linea and Punto customers and to guage the mindset of customer’s earlier perception about FIAT and the current perception.

I am not sure how FIAT would be communicating this to all but i was requested to share this information with all Linea/Punto owners in my friends circle.

Extract of the mail received from Mangesh later in the day attached for your reference.

Quote :

Dear Sir,

As discussed.

Free checks up camps are organized at Tata Fiat dealers through our distributor Tata Motors, with support back up from Fiat for all its customers.

Schedule dates as below :
  • 20 & 21 Feb 2010 – North Region ( Delhi-NCR,Chandighar, Ludhiana , Lucknow )
  • 27 & 28 Feb 2010 – East Region ( Kolkata ,Bhubaneshwar,Guwahati)
  • 6 & 7 Mar 2010 – South Region ( Bangalore , Chennai, Hyderabad , Cochin , Trivandrum , Coimbatore )
  • 13 & 14 Mar 2010 – West Region ( Mumbai , Thane , Kalyan, A’bad, Nagpur , Indore , Surat , Jaipur)
  • To obtain maximum customer contact & response all above are scheduled on Saturday & Sunday.
Requesting to give vide publicity at all forums.

Thanking you in advance

Best regards,
Mangesh Kodalkar
Customer Service s Department
( For Fiat Linea and Fiat Grande Punto)
Fiat India Automobiles Limited
B-19,Ranjangaon MIDC Industrial Area
Ranjangaon-412210
Taluka Shirur,District Pune
Maharashtra
Tel +91 2138 672764
Fax +91 2138 672800

Unquote
Old 12th February 2010, 02:21   #378
BHPian

Default 12000 kms completed

Completed 12,000 completed kms of ownership in 8 months.

My target (as per my earlier cars) was around 1000 kms a month. I have exceeded by 500 kms a month on an average.

Wish i had purchased the MJD.

Its a pleasure to drive the car. I am taking her out for many long drives in and around chennai. I am more than willing to be a driver these days for my family members. All the more reason that i have driven 4000 extra kms in 8 months.

Few issues (new and only) discovered this week
1. Rattling from the newly fitted doors.
2. Rattling noise from either rear seat or parcel tray.
3. Wash wiper nozzle is misaligned - today i pressed the stalk to clean the windsheild at a traffic signal. I heard abuses from few bikewallas standing behind. Found that the water is sprayed direcly on the roof and is spraying all over the car except for the front winsheild. Not a single drop of water was sprayed on the windsheild. Need to adjust the nozzle pointer.

Will have to visit the TASS this weekend. My wifey will be furious !
One good thing is that i would get a free waterwash at TASS everytime even if it is to replace a screw

Last edited by bnzjon : 12th February 2010 at 02:22.
Old 13th February 2010, 18:58   #379
BHPian

Hi all,

I am writing this from the TASS. I am here to collect the letter as promised by FIAT for the rust treatment etc. Will scan and attach the letter for your viewing later.

I had a pleasant surprise at the TASS today, rather shocking surprise.

Last time after collecting my car from the TASS, i found a CD missing which i by mistake left it inside the CD player. I was not sure if i had kept it somewhere in the car or the TASS guys flicked it, so left it as it is without making a fuss about it.

Today, the SA came to me, handed over the CD with a tag which had my car no. I was in for total surprise. He also gave me a keychain gifted by my friend which again which i lost it at TASS.

To my surprise, found quite lot of items stored in a shelf which are left by the customers in their car. All these are tagged with the respective regn nos. SA told that these will be handed over to the customer on their subsequent visits.

Ideally, these leftout items should be handed over to the customer at the time of delivery itself but i am happy that the TASS guys are not flicking it and claiming that they havent seen such a thing in the car.

Good attitude
Old 13th February 2010, 21:52   #380
BHPian

Default Extract of the letter from FIAT

Received the letter from FIAT through Concorde Motors for the work carried on replacing the rusted doors.

Couldnt attach the scanned letter. So typing it out for everyone to read.

The letter is on the Concorde Motors letter head signed by the CRM. I have an email confirming that FIAT-TATA jv is authorising Concorde motors to issue a letter on behalf of them.

Dated : 10 February 2010

Mr. Binze John
xxx
xxx
Chennai

Dear Sir,

Sub : Regarding your complaint in vehicle bearing Regn No : TN xx BW xxxx

This refers to your Linea, Regn No. TN xx BW xxxx attended vide job card nos. 13872 and 16789

Concerns referred with regards to cosmetic/ sheet metal were understood with help from FIAT India. As a special case, additional support was initiated through our authorised vendor to ensure jobs carried are to your satisfaction.

Said car is attended as per terms and conditions of FIAT warranty policy, by replacing the affected parts, which could have otherwise got repaired. This step was carried as a very special case to ensure customer confidence and satisfaction.

The car is free from any defects and carries a warranty as per the warranty policy provided by the manufacturer.

We assure you of our best atention and request you to get in touch with us for any clarifications and assistance in this regard.

Please do feel free to get in touch with us for any further assistance.
Assuring you of our Best services at all times.

Thanks and Regards,
for Concorde Motors India Ltd.

Sd/-

S Sivakumar
Customer Relations Manager
Old 13th February 2010, 22:21   #381
Senior - BHPian

All Izz Well, way to go Fiatata. Good that they are improving. Hope to see them climb up in JD Power this year.
Attached Thumbnails
Bravo! It’s a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-cars5_fiat_linea.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 13th February 2010, 22:35   #382
BHPian

Punto looks equally stunning as the Linea. Two beauties set my heart beating faster. My second car would be a Punto (as of now).

The chrome exhaust in the punto looks very good on her. I am not sure if we could add one to Indian Lineas/Punto as the exhaust is pointing downwards.

What is the box type images on the front left windows of all cars ? Are they security devices ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
I had a chat with Mangesh Kodalkar regarding the letter for repairs done on my car.

He informed that FIAT is planning to hold 2 day customer service/feedback camp in every city where they have a sizeable population of Linea and Punto customers.

The basic idea is to offer free service camps to customer, get feedback from existing Linea and Punto customers and to guage the mindset of customer’s earlier perception about FIAT and the current perception.

I am not sure how FIAT would be communicating this to all but i was requested to share this information with all Linea/Punto owners in my friends circle.

Extract of the mail received from Mangesh later in the day attached for your reference.

Quote :

Dear Sir,

As discussed.

Free checks up camps are organized at Tata Fiat dealers through our distributor Tata Motors, with support back up from Fiat for all its customers.

Schedule dates as below :
  • 20 & 21 Feb 2010 – North Region ( Delhi-NCR,Chandighar, Ludhiana , Lucknow )
  • 27 & 28 Feb 2010 – East Region ( Kolkata ,Bhubaneshwar,Guwahati)
  • 6 & 7 Mar 2010 – South Region ( Bangalore , Chennai, Hyderabad , Cochin , Trivandrum , Coimbatore )
  • 13 & 14 Mar 2010 – West Region ( Mumbai , Thane , Kalyan, A’bad, Nagpur , Indore , Surat , Jaipur)
  • To obtain maximum customer contact & response all above are scheduled on Saturday & Sunday.
Requesting to give vide publicity at all forums.

Thanking you in advance

Best regards,
Mangesh Kodalkar
Customer Service s Department
( For Fiat Linea and Fiat Grande Punto)
Fiat India Automobiles Limited
B-19,Ranjangaon MIDC Industrial Area
Ranjangaon-412210
Taluka Shirur,District Pune
Maharashtra
Tel +91 2138 672764
Fax +91 2138 672800

Unquote

Fiat India has announced that it has kick off a nationwide service campaign for its valuable customers from Pune. This service campaign will mark the first comprehensive initiative under the ‘Fiat First’ banner by Fiat. Through this initiative, Fiat will conduct free service check ups for all Fiat automobiles on 13th and 14th February 2010 in Pune. The check ups will be conducted at Fiat’s Pune dealer outlets: B.U Bhandari Auto Pvt. Ltd and Pandit Automotive Pvt. Ltd.

As part of the exercise, Fiat’s engineers will undertake a comprehensive 40 point check on the car, provide free top up of consumables & free mopping. Alongside this, there will also be a 10 per cent discount on any spares or labour used on paid jobs beyond the free service initiative.

As further incentive for its loyalists, Fiat will provide an attractive gift to all the participants registering for the service checkup. There will also be a lucky draw conducted with a host of fabulous goodies up for grabs. Speaking on the occasion, Ravi Bhatia – VP Commercial, Fiat India said, “When we launched Fiat First last year, our primary aim was to provide customers with unheralded service and easy service accessibility. The free service check up camps under the Fiat First banner is an important step to achieve that objective. Through Fiat First and the free service camps, we look to improve the valued relationship we share with our customers whilst also tackling their queries and issues to provide them with a hassle free driving experience. We at Fiat are hopeful this innovative initiative will be well received by all.”

Last edited by Dippy : 25th February 2010 at 12:58. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Old 14th February 2010, 09:19   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Today went with my friend to Jeewajee Car Decor at Annanagar for some accessories for his new Punto 1.4

I was checking out if they could source Door sills/kick plates and Seat belt cushion for my linea. They said its tough to get it anywhere in India as they have received many enquires for Punto and Linea in the last 6 months and is not available anywhere.

I saw various Chrome exhausts (priced Rs. 300 to Rs. 2000) displayed which i felt would look good on Linea.

The sales boy said, Linea's exhaust is pointing downwards and can not be fitted.

Has anyone tried those ? i havent seen any thread where Linea owners have fitted a chrome exhaust.
bnzjon,
i went to concorde yesterday.a lot of mention about you by all the people there.you have become the star customer of concorde.BTW coming to your query on exhaust tip,mr.sameer sultan of chennai has got a chrome tip on his LINEA MJD.you can see it here.
fiat-linea-mjd-emotion-black-14000kms-7months (Fiat Linea MJD Emotion Black - 14000KMS in 7months.)
Old 14th February 2010, 11:46   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
bnzjon,
i went to concorde yesterday.a lot of mention about you by all the people there.you have become the star customer of concorde.

Vignesh, i am not sure if they have a good or bad opinion about me. I have been a very very sensitive customer for them right from the beginning insisting (pestering) them on the quality of work they do.

BTW, i saw a silver Punto parked at TASS. I dint bother to see if there was a T BHP sticker on it. Was it yours ?

Last edited by bnzjon : 14th February 2010 at 11:51.
Old 15th February 2010, 17:24   #385
BHPian

btw saw the thread of sameer sultan?the chrome tips?and my punto is silver dynamic with OE wheels.but i went there and waited,then brought the car with me itself.so not sure whether you saw my car or not?also my car doesnt have a t bhp sticker.
Old 16th February 2010, 09:13   #386
BHPian

Vignesh, thanks, i saw sameer's thread.
I too am planning to get a similar type of exhaust and do a welding job. I am search of good exhaust (chrome or stainless steel) in Chennai.

I want a good one as i donot want the chrome or stainless steel to discolour/peel off after 6 months as i had experienced the same in my previous car. The stuff we get in GP road is not good beyond 6 months.

I realised that it was not your car as it had a custom alloy. I had checked your garage to confirm if it was yours.
Old 16th February 2010, 18:09   #387
Senior - BHPian

Hi

I yesterday saw a vocal white linea very similar to 'Monte-Bianco' in chennai, with all those skirts and spoilers and etcetc. couldnt enquire as the car was speeding away !!
Old 16th February 2010, 22:42   #388
BHPian

bnzjon,
Where do you stay in chennai?i am at porur.btw if you get the exhaust tip,please let me know the shop name and details.it would be easy for me to get one.let me also try for somegood ones.BTW i am giving my car to concorde tomorrow to paint the ORVM and door handles to body colour.also there are a few scratches to be painted
Old 17th February 2010, 09:57   #389
BHPian

Vignesh, am at Mogappair. Infact, just behind (1 km) Concorde Motors. I go to my office at guindy through porur after entering the bypass from mogappair.

Will definetely let you know if i come across any good stuff.

At Concorde, pls meet one Mr. Raja. He is the body shop incharge and sits at the entrance cabin in the bodyshop area (little balded guy). He will take care of the painting work to your satisfaction. Refer my name.

Edit : I have just now informed Raja about your visit today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Hi

I yesterday saw a vocal white linea very similar to 'Monte-Bianco' in chennai, with all those skirts and spoilers and etcetc. couldnt enquire as the car was speeding away !!
Linea - Monte Bianco

Name:  fiatlineamontebianco01.jpg
Views: 1114
Size:  68.5 KB
Attached Images

Last edited by Dippy : 25th February 2010 at 12:57. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 17th February 2010, 10:25   #390
BHPian

Default Linea - Monte Bianco

Name:  fiatlineamontebianco101.jpg
Views: 904
Size:  89.2 KB