Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 18th February 2010, 10:26   #391
BHPian

I have seen some Linea's where the rear seat back rest could be split into 2 and folded for more luggage space.

The website too states "double folding rear back seats".

Mine is just a single folding rear back rest.

Looks like the earlier puzzle of some cars have tow hooks on both front and rear bumbers and some have only in the rear !!!

Believe, there was some customer who had made an issue out of this at the TASS yesterday and the SA called me to check if my car's back seats are foldable in to two.

Please check your cars.
Old 18th February 2010, 10:42   #392
Awaiting Email Confirmation

My Fiat Linea's rear back-rest is a single piece, so could not be split-folded, but could be folded flat with access to the boot for storing lengthier luggage.
Old 18th February 2010, 10:54   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
My Fiat Linea's rear back-rest is a single piece, so could not be split-folded, but could be folded flat with access to the boot for storing lengthier luggage.

All Linea back seats can be folded flat but some of the Linea's have split seats where 1/3rd (on the rght side) of the back rest can be folded down with access to boot.

Strange !
Old 18th February 2010, 18:12   #394
BHPian

Ashwin, see the link i was referring to in the morning.

The sport pedals, Steel kick plates (door sills) and the aluminium plates on the door handles looks very s*xy (inlcuding the boot mats). Sad part is that there is no provision to buy it online and will not be available through FIAT india this year.

- Fiat Linea -
Old 19th February 2010, 00:35   #395
BHPian

Its pure coincedence that I saw 3 Linea's, all in Vocal white today on my way from Mogappair to Cathedral Road.

One I saw near Annanagar roundabout, another one near Gemini Flyover and the 3rd one just after gemini (near Prince Jewellery).

This is the first time I am seeing a Vocal white other than mine in chennai city.
One of the best suited colour for Linea and the car looks real posh. Still wondering why FIAT discontinued this colour.

I fell in love with this colour the moment i saw it in the showroom. If not this colour it would have been black ( wifey preferred Flamenco red)

Last edited by bnzjon : 19th February 2010 at 00:37.
Old 19th February 2010, 03:59   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Its pure coincedence that I saw 3 Linea's, all in Vocal white today on my way from Mogappair to Cathedral Road.

One I saw near Annanagar roundabout, another one near Gemini Flyover and the 3rd one just after gemini (near Prince Jewellery).

This is the first time I am seeing a Vocal white other than mine in chennai city.
One of the best suited colour for Linea and the car looks real posh. Still wondering why FIAT discontinued this colour.

I fell in love with this colour the moment i saw it in the showroom. If not this colour it would have been black ( wifey preferred Flamenco red)

+1
Linea looks very elegant in Vocal White but dont get to see it that often. Even black looks good and with tints it gives the car a mafia look

Last edited by aparth : 19th February 2010 at 04:00.
Old 19th February 2010, 10:25   #397
Senior - BHPian

My linea too has a single gfoldable back seat. havent seen any linea with 60/40 like punto!!
Old 20th February 2010, 02:27   #398
BHPian

Default Bonnet damaged

Had a freak accident today on my way from office to home.

It was bumper to bumper slow traffic at the koyembedu junction. When the traffic cleared, all the vehicles started moving fast to clear the signal. I was following a mini lorry and all of a sudden the moron braked suddenly as a biker crossed him from left to right with no indication.

I was just few meters behind him and before i could realise i hit his back.

Result = bonnet damaged at the tip + front grill which connects to the bonnet bay gave off.

Will post pictures tommorrow. I am so very upset to take pictures now.

Buri nazar !!!! What else can i say.
The fact is that i should have been careful. It's my car and i should have taken care.

I dont think so bonnet & the front grill will be available at the TASS. Have to wait for atleast 2 weeks and till such time i have to see the damaged bonnet everyday.

Bad luck. My God! i am cribbing so much............
Old 20th February 2010, 07:03   #399
BHPian

Very sorry to hear of your accident bnzjon. I am sure you will bring her back to shape as fast as possible.
Old 20th February 2010, 10:56   #400
BHPian

Photos as per my previous post.

Lucky that TASS has the bonnet and the front grill in stock.

Should the bonnet be replaced (or) repaired ?
Should i replace the front grill or use glue to stick the broken part as the damage is not visible from outside.

Should i claim Insurance or repair it ?

For the front grill and rear chrome strip, i can claim insurance only for 50% as they are plastic parts. Cost for both of these is around Rs. 7000.
For bonnet, i should get full insurance.

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00698.jpg

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00699.jpg

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00700.jpg

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00701.jpg

Rear left bumper strip :
Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00702.jpg
Old 20th February 2010, 13:04   #401
Senior - BHPian

^ The damage on the bonnet doesn't look too bad maybe you should get it repaired only.
Old 20th February 2010, 13:37   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Result = bonnet damaged at the tip + front grill which connects to the bonnet bay gave off.

Will post pictures tommorrow. I am so very upset to take pictures now.

Buri nazar !!!! What else can i say.
The fact is that i should have been careful. It's my car and i should have taken care.

I dont think so bonnet & the front grill will be available at the TASS. Have to wait for atleast 2 weeks and till such time i have to see the damaged bonnet everyday.

Bad luck. My God! i am cribbing so much............
Really sad to see the beauty dented mate. I suggest that you repair the bonnet and the grill too. If you replace the bonnet , then it will be about Rs. 5,200 . Claim insurance in that case.
Old 20th February 2010, 18:01   #403
BHPian

bnzjon,
i know mr.raja very well,infact he worked for electra in his early times and because of that contact i know him well.he normally does my car with special care,infact calls it his car to all his employees.LOL.also my car on the day of giving it for the door handle paint,had a small accident,a biker hit from behind.my chauffer was driving.theres a scratch and dent on the rear quarter panel and bumper.so claimed insurance for that.remaining is paid by me(the door handles and small scratches on other doors).
no more i am giving the car to my driver or anybody else for that matter.anyways i ll also catch you up one day when coming to concorde.
Old 21st February 2010, 21:42   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
bnzjon,
i know mr.raja very well,infact he worked for electra in his early times and because of that contact i know him well.he normally does my car with special care,infact calls it his car to all his employees.LOL
I had met Raja on saturday. He told me the electra stories and the old association when i mention your name.

Raja is very good. One of the Best at Concorde when it comes to committment.

Last time, he came to TASS for couple of hours on his brother's sons marriage just to be present there when i took delivery of the car. He never told me this but when the SA told me this, i gave him a warm hug (munnabhai style).

I was bowled over by his commitment levels. Very rare breed indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Really sad to see the beauty dented mate. I suggest that you repair the bonnet and the grill too. If you replace the bonnet , then it will be about Rs. 5,200 . Claim insurance in that case.
Thanks fastlove, i am changing it this week. Cant see her in this condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
^ The damage on the bonnet doesn't look too bad maybe you should get it repaired only.
Body shop manager says it cant be repaired. Even if repaired, the cost of repair + painting will be equal to the new bonnet. I am going for an insurance claim.
Old 21st February 2010, 22:24   #405
Senior - BHPian

I am tempted to pull your leg, but it seems that you are in love with

Name:  Concorde_on_Bristol.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  84.0 KB

motors limited?
or is it that TASS loves you?

Last edited by sidindica : 21st February 2010 at 22:26.
Closed Thread