Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 5th March 2010, 15:17   #436
BHPian

Kanwal, is the price nett-off after exchanging the old tyres ?
How much did you get for your old ones ?
Old 6th March 2010, 10:19   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
I am visiting the TASS to take delivery of the car after the bonnet change under Insurance. Keeping my fingers crossed on the paint job.

They took almost 7 days to do this.

Hopefully other issues reported (AC noise, few rattlings, CSC change, wiper nozzle change) should have been done.

If not to my satisfaction i will wait till tommorrow to take delivery(when the FIAT technicians are around for the service camp)
I haven't taken delivery yesterday. The paint job is not perfect. There are dust particles in some places which was not taken care of.

Told them to repaint the bonnet again.

I am getting the car only on monday as today and tommorrow are Service camps.
Old 6th March 2010, 22:01   #438
BHPian

Default FIAT Service Camp - Chennai

I went to the TASS today to see how the service camp was going.

Actually i went to see the painting work on my cars bonnet - They have painted it twice and the colour is not matching even 90 percent. I am little worried. Hopefully they should be able to make it this time. Lets see.

The service camp was well organised. Only FIAT cars were seen in Concorde. Quite lot of Palio owners were present.

It was also an opportunity to meet many Linea and Punto owners (none from BHP was there) and get a feedback. Very very happy FIAT (esp Linea & Punto) customers in my short interaction.

2 technicians, 1 Quality guy and 1 Admin guy were present.

All customers were handed over a FIAT tissue box (hard paper box with FIAT logo and Linea pictures)

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00645.jpg

My 4 year old kid was along with me. She managed to get a small doll from the pretty (??) receptionist.

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00704.jpg

There were also lucky draws and gifts for the 1st, 25th, 50th and 100th customers. FIAT branded wallet and Keychain were the gifts.

IMO, good show by FIAT and good coordination by the Concorde Staff. I was told, Concorde alone had around 80 customers (till 4 pm) visiting the camp. Numbers were less in VST Motors and TAFE.

I will be visiting Concorde tommorrow afternoon (between 2 and 4 pm) to see the paint job. Hoping to meet fellow BHPians.

Last edited by bnzjon : 6th March 2010 at 22:07.
Old 7th March 2010, 09:53   #439
BHPian

i went yest morning around 10 to concorde to got my car delivered as it was with them for a full paint.now the car rocks.shade is too good.kudos to raja of concorde.even i got the tissue box but not any other gift.my tissue box has a fiat logo and punto pictures all over.i envy your daughter.she has got a doll. BTW i have a shocking news for all people who bought their cars before the fiat first program.we are not part of the program.we need to pay 3k for that.i am doing it very soon.
Old 7th March 2010, 10:37   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
i went yest morning around 10 to concorde to got my car delivered as it was with them for a full paint.now the car rocks.shade is too good.kudos to raja of concorde.even i got the tissue box but not any other gift.my tissue box has a fiat logo and punto pictures all over.i envy your daughter.she has got a doll. BTW i have a shocking news for all people who bought their cars before the fiat first program.we are not part of the program.we need to pay 3k for that.i am doing it very soon.
Vignesh, we could have met yesterday !
BTW, did you see my Linea at the body shop ?

FIAT FIRST - is that news confirmed ? I had paid in june 09 Rs. 5000+ for a 48 month warranty. Fiat First covers 50 months.

I was informed by Mangesh that all Linea and Punto customers who had taken the additional warranty upto 48 months are covered under the scheme.
Old 7th March 2010, 17:02   #441
BHPian

The only difference i noticed yesterday on the 2010 linea's are the Air pressure stickers on the door panels. This was missing in all 2009 Linea's.

The stickers had the following information
Tyre : 195/60/R15/88T
Air Pressure (Cold tyres)
Front : 33
Back : 33

Last edited by bnzjon : 7th March 2010 at 17:04.
Old 8th March 2010, 13:07   #442
BHPian

Quote:
The only difference i noticed yesterday on the 2010 linea's are the Air pressure stickers on the door panels. This was missing in all 2009 Linea's.

The stickers had the following information
Tyre : 195/60/R15/88T
Air Pressure (Cold tyres)
Front : 33
Back : 33
My car has this sticker. Btw, it is september model.
Old 9th March 2010, 10:01   #443
BHPian

Few Updates.

Quote:
Friends, i hear a "Hissing" sound from my central AC vents (ones above the music system).

The hissing sound lasts only for 3-5 secs and fades away. Again, it comes back after 2 mins.

What is this ? Is there a AC gas leakage ?
I could also feel that the AC cooling has come down drastically !
The Service advisor called me today to inform that the hissing sound is the AC gas leak from the nipple connecting the AC ducts. The nipple had a tear and Gas leaked through the tear.

Gas filled. Nipple changed under warranty.

Quote:
Given my car for insurance claim today.

The Insurance surveyor rejected the rear chrome strip from the claim and argued that it has be a seperate claim even though its part of the same accident. The rear chrome strip is costing around Rs. 2400 including tax and i need to pay 50% as the strip is plastic.

As the scraches on the strip is not very obvious and will be visible only if seen very close, i am thinking of not changing it for the time being.

Along with the Bonnet change, i have reported the following for repairs under warranty
1. Wiper nozzle change - water is either sprayed on the roof top (or) on the lower portion of the windshield. Ideally it should spary at the middle of the glass.
2. Clutch Slave Cylinder change - the gear change has become little harder after the mandatory CSC change. The gear change was like butter prior to the CSC change.
3. Few rattlings from the rear doors and B pillar after the door changes.
4. Hissing noise from the central AC vents.
5. Paint touch on few scratches.

I am painting my front grills to Hip Hop Black. Hopefully it should look good as the rest of the body colour is Vocal white. Quote for the painting is Rs. 3000 + tax. Inspired and heavily influenced by Ghostriders transformation chronicles in this forum.

While test driving, the SA was shocked that the tyre noise is on the higher side. He immediately called the Goodyear representative for an inspection on monday.
1. The rear chrome strip is changed under Insurance claim. Thanks to the SA intervention and his influence with the insurance guys. Have to pay 50% of the cost. The cost of the rear bumper chrome strip is Rs, 2400.

2. Wiper Nozzle changed under warranty.

3. CSC changed again

4. Front grill and Fog lamp cowls painted to Hip Hop black. Costed rs. 3000

5. Touch up job done

6. The bonnet paint job is somewhat jinxed. They have painted it for the third time and this time the paint matched but wrinkles formed after 4 hours. SA has requested Dupont for help. Dupont guys are coming today to rectify the issue.

7. I also painted the B pillars black instead of the stickers. The stickers had some wrinkles and i found the glossy paint great instead of the stickers. Another reason being that the TASS guys couldn't fix the stickers without wrinkles/bubbles.

I am yet to take delivery of the car. The above are as conveyed to me by the SA.
Hoping that the SA should be correct.

Quote:
The Goodyear guys found that both the front tyres have a very very slight bulge on the sidewalls (I don’t know where the bulges are ! )

They offered to take back the tyres on a pro-rata basis (based on my usage) and replace with new ones of same profile/brand.

I bluntly refused and finally with the intervention of the service advisor, they offered for a free replacement under warranty.

I told them I would like to go in for another brand of tyres and would like to get a full refund (or) letter to any dealer in Chennai for an exchange for any other brand. They agreed for the latter option (after much push and pull)

I am now in a dilemma. Need your advise in choosing.

I am looking at a set of tyres which would give me
Good ride quality
Low noise
FE
performance & looks

I am confused after reading the various forums.

My Linea's tyre pofile is 195 /60 /R15 88 but have an itch towards 195/65/15 and 205/55/15 provided this doesnt affect the above parameters.

1. Should I change all the 4 tyres.
(or) can I change only the front ones (with above offer) and save money. Will the latter option arrest tyre noise ?

2. Which of the below ones are good.
(a) Bridgestone Turanza ER 60 - Rs. 4100
(b) Bridgestone Potenza RE 88 - Rs. 4100
(c) Michellin Primary LC - Rs. 4975
(d) Yoko A drive - Rs. 4100
(e) Conti
(f) Goodyear Assurance

The above quotes are obtained through phonecall from LAL, Royapettah, Chennai and I know they are on the higher side.
I am still confused.

Tyre gurus in this forum have suggested Michelin Primary LC and Continental CPC2. Mostly i would go with one of these. No plan to alter the stock size.

Next week end i am also planning to install front windesheild sunfilm. Finalised CR70 from 3M.

Last edited by bnzjon : 9th March 2010 at 10:08.
Old 13th March 2010, 20:57   #444
BHPian

Received my car today.

All of the mentioned job in the previous post had been completed. Washing and waxing was to my satisfaction.

Painting work on the bonnet inner edges & the top portion of the black B pillars are little bit shoddy otherwise its excellent.

Would rate 7/10 for the job done.
3 points down for the delay in the work as well as the mentioned shoddy paint job.

Will write in details and post pictures tommorrow.

Last edited by bnzjon : 13th March 2010 at 21:15.
Old 14th March 2010, 23:33   #445
BHPian

CSC changed for the 2nd time - i felt the gears little harder and the clutch not smooth as it was before the CSC was changed for the first time.
CSC changed again last week. Now the gears and clutch are smooth as before. I feel the surge in power in the first 2 gears.

B Pillar Painted - I also painted the B pillars glossy black instead of the stickers. The earlier stickers had some wrinkles and had to be changed under warranty. But the TASS guys couldn't fix the stickers without wrinkles/bubbles.

The glossy paint looks better than the stickers but the TASS guys messed up the top borders. Photos as below :

B Pillars as seen from a distance :

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00713.jpg

Closer view (see the mess work on the corners and the borders) :

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00714.jpg

Front grille painted black - always felt the silver grilles doesnt look good on Vocal white. So painted them Hiphop black.

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00710.jpg

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00711.jpg
Old 15th March 2010, 10:20   #446
Senior - BHPian

Painting the Pillars is a good idea.
I already have this in my mind and plan to do screen priniting in Gloss Black sometimes.
I too have some bubbles and uneven sticking seen in the driver side door which happened during last service.
I asked VST for replacement.
Let's see.

meanwhile,your car is complete gracious look with black grills.
Keep the car well

Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 15th March 2010, 21:26   #447
BHPian

Nice work bnz. Can you post some 2/3 profile photos to give an idea how the grille looks overall?
Old 16th March 2010, 00:40   #448
Senior - BHPian

good work binze. the paining doesnt look that awkward!!
Old 16th March 2010, 10:10   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Painting the Pillars is a good idea.
I already have this in my mind and plan to do screen priniting in Gloss Black sometimes.
I too have some bubbles and uneven sticking seen in the driver side door which happened during last service.
I asked VST for replacement.
Let's see.

meanwhile,your car is complete gracious look with black grills.
Keep the car well

Enjoy and Drive Safe
Thanks Karthik, the pillar work will be corrected next time i visit the TASS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Nice work bnz. Can you post some 2/3 profile photos to give an idea how the grille looks overall?
Sure. Will post more profiles this weekend. I am planning for long drive this weekend. Lets see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
good work binze. the paining doesnt look that awkward!!
Ashwin, i was referring to the painting work on the B pillars. Look at the top portion of the blackened portion. The lines are not perfect. The top corner portion of the door had paint peeled off which was noticed by the TASS guys.

The grille work is perfect and awesome. The car looks sexy in flesh with those black grilles.

Last edited by bnzjon : 16th March 2010 at 10:12.
Old 21st March 2010, 22:13   #450
BHPian

In the last 10 days after i got the car out of the TASS, i received 4 calls from Bangalore, Pune and some other centres enquiring about the quality of the service.

The question are on
1. Did the security greet you upon arrival at the TASS
2. Did the SA pay attention to all your complaints
3. Was the car delivered on time
4. All repairs/cost explained by the SA at the time of delivery
5. How does the car perform after service

The survey/feedback is broadly based on the above 5 questions and took around 5 minutes.

Good initiative from FIAT but 4 seperate feedbacks in the last 10 days is way too much !!!
Closed Thread