Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 9th April 2010, 20:56   #481
BHPian

Rust again? any way, glad to hear that, rust is due to the metal strip in the rubber beading. Ill give a check of mine. As gtx has said, the shock absorber bolts in my car started rusting again. May be thats common. Right binz?
Old 9th April 2010, 20:58   #482
Senior - BHPian

BNZ,

just post the photo of the rusting area,need a close and a long shot.
it will help others to check their cars.
Old 10th April 2010, 02:15   #483
BHPian

Got calls from FIAT and the senior management at Concorde. They had inspected the rusting and concluded that it is superficial rust and does no harm in the "short" term.

The reason for the rusting is the faulty rubber beading with iron metal running across.

FIAT is despatching another set of beadings next week which they claim doesnt cause rusting. Need to see in flesh if thats true.

Once received, they will clean the portion covered by the beading, paint it under the supervision of Dupont personnel (OE for FIAT) and then fix the NEW beading.

Till then, i need to live with the existing rubber beading

So taking delivery of the car tommorrow after the 2nd service. Will post the review of 2nd service tom/day after.

In the meanwhile will attach pics of the rusted rubber beading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
saw your car at concorde this afternoon.they were doing an oil change.and BTW they poured in a little Castrol first then went and brought Mobil1 oil.thought i will tell you.even if you ask them dont mention my name bnzjon saab.
The SA told me (in the evening after investigation) that they had poured by mistake "Castrol Edge" which is a synthetic oil. They realised it immediately and changed to Mobil1. He says they had poured hardly 100 ml and this doesnt affect anyway as 3.5 ltrs of Mobil1 is poured on top of it.

Pls confirm if they had poured only 100 ml (or) did they pour the entire bottle ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
sorry to talk about this in your thread bnzjon,
i have a lot of squeaks from the seats and also a little rattle from the doors.i was told it is the power window assembly which made the noise.they replaced it in one side.now its fine.now the driver side window is making noise.i regret getting the punto that too in the initial stages.have to go again tomorrow.
I will be at the TASS tommorrow noon/evening to take my car after 2nd service. Lets meet if our timing coincides. Oppurtunity for me to lay hands on your possessive Punto

I too feel that i should have waited atleast for a year before getting the Linea. The initial issues would have been sorted out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdeepudev View Post
Rust again? any way, glad to hear that, rust is due to the metal strip in the rubber beading. Ill give a check of mine. As gtx has said, the shock absorber bolts in my car started rusting again. May be thats common. Right binz?
Thats cast iron and will be subject to rust. Its common in all cars.
Please post pictures of the same to reconfirm with FIAT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
BNZ,

just post the photo of the rusting area,need a close and a long shot.
it will help others to check their cars.
Will do it tom once i receive the car after 2nd service.

Btw, FIAT has confirmed that both Selenia and Mobil1 are recommended for Linea/Punto.
Selenia is semi synthetic and Mobil1 is fully synthetic (costlier than Selenia by almost rs.400 per lt).
Linea manual says that Selenia is synthetic. Will confirm this tommorrow after seeing the bottle.

Last edited by bnzjon : 10th April 2010 at 02:26.
Old 10th April 2010, 10:18   #484
BHPian

bnz yes they poured 100 ml.i saw that.
Old 10th April 2010, 23:26   #485
BHPian

Default 2nd Service completed

Got my car back after the 2nd service.

Charges as below :
Engine oil (Mobil1) : 3.5 litres @ 1022 per litre
Oil Filter : 124
Fuel Filter : 200
A/C Pollen filter : 226
Air Filter : 225
Consumables + Wurth wash liquid : 150

Add 12.5 % service tax to the above.

Total cost of service = Rs. 5136 inclusive of tax ( i would have saved Rs. 1585 if i had used Selenia K engine oil)

I saw the Selenia bottle and its mentioned as Semi synthetic.

I have used (i dint ask for) Mobil1 which is 100% synthetic but costly by Rs. 500 / litre.

I would rate the service 8/10.

2 points less because
1. 3 full days were taken for the service
2. The car was not clean at the time of delivery
3. AC cooling is ineffective. This could not be fixed as the TASS guys have requested FIAT for assistance. I need to go to TASS again for this.
4. One of the AC grille (on the RHS) broke while fiddling with the perfume bottle. The grille is not available in stock.

Otherwise i am very happy with the service. All the job were completed as requested. Good job Concorde !

Last edited by bnzjon : 10th April 2010 at 23:29.
Old 11th April 2010, 12:44   #486
BHPian

Default Rusted Rubber beading !

Pictures of Rusted rubber beading attached below.

FIAT has informed that these rubber beadings are being replaced with modified ones. I will get mine in a week's time.

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00723.jpg

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00724.jpg
Old 12th April 2010, 10:34   #487
BHPian

Default Stains on Alloy wheel - pls help !

There are few stain marks in my Linea's alloy wheel. Looks like some liquid is being splashed on the alloy. Not sure how it happened !

Tried removing the stain with 3M Alloy cleaner, rubbing compound and later with Diesel but to no avail.

Need your expert help in removing the stain and restoring to its original glory.

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00725.jpg
Old 12th April 2010, 11:07   #488
BHPian

Try rubbing with a toothbrush dipped in diesel. It might help.
Old 12th April 2010, 11:15   #489
Senior - BHPian

Even check out with Acetone, but be very careful. Try on a very small patch first.
Old 13th April 2010, 10:02   #490
BHPian

Default Coolant Leak

Yesterday morning after parking my car at the office parking, i found trails of water/oil drops on the path.

All of a sudden i found water/oil leaking underneath the bonnet. I got really terrified. Touched the liquid and thank god its not oil (only the previous day i had given for 2nd service and filled Mobil1 synthetic oil for Rs. 4000).

Opened the bonnet and found the coolant tank empty. Called up the TASS immediately and informed them of the situation.

They immediately send an engineer to my office which is 15 kms from the service centre, checked the entire car and found the hose connecting the coolant tank had come off the clips.

They immediately fixed it, filled the coolant (they went back and brought the coolant from the service centre) and the entire operation was completed in short time.

While i appreciate the TASS for their prompt support, i am damn upset this had happened. Was wondering what would have happened if i was on a highway and got stranded !

Nevertheless should Thank the Concorde guys (Mr Sairam, Centre manager) who coordinated and rectified the issue with less impact to my routine.

Hats off to the Concorde Chennai team for their prompt response.
Old 13th April 2010, 10:28   #491
Senior - BHPian

About the alloys, try using Petrol rather than diesel, I am not claiming that it is better or work for sure. I once cleaned up dry tar (sprayed while driving next to a newly constructed road) from the Baleno's alloys by using petrol.

About the coolant, this was obviously something they should have looked at during service, because fluid top-up should be followed by a quick check of the rubber hoses etc. Specially with the onset of summer, these things need to be taken care of. Sometimes these rubber hoses crack/expand due to the heat, it is always advisable to carry a tube like that on longer trips.

Usually one can fill the radiator with water temporarily and drive for a distance while keeping an eye on the temp. gauge. Later on, most of the water can be drained and coolant refilled.
Old 22nd April 2010, 01:22   #492
BHPian

Default New rubber beading for rear doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Pictures of Rusted rubber beading attached below.

FIAT has informed that these rubber beadings are being replaced with modified ones. I will get mine in a week's time.
Got a call from the TASS that the rear door beading have been modified and a new design shipped to them by FIAT.

The new beading doesnt have the iron rod running across which was the culprit causing rust in most of the Linea's.

I have not seen the beading in flesh. Will go to the TASS this weekend to get the same fixed.

Will post pictures once i fix them.
Old 22nd April 2010, 10:18   #493
Senior - BHPian

BNZ

its horror

My beadings are also rusting in the same place !!
Old 22nd April 2010, 10:22   #494
Senior - BHPian

Seems every line has the same issue.
I saw a lot of Linea having the same rusting issue.
Last week i checked in my car and there's no evident rusting.
Though i have to check each and everyweek as i pour water and clean my car often.
Old 28th April 2010, 17:35   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
There are few stain marks in my Linea's alloy wheel. Looks like some liquid is being splashed on the alloy. Not sure how it happened !

Tried removing the stain with 3M Alloy cleaner, rubbing compound and later with Diesel but to no avail.

Need your expert help in removing the stain and restoring to its original glory.

Attachment 327450
Try "WD40" or "Zorrik 88". google up uses for WD40. You'll be amazed.
Closed Thread