Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 8th May 2010, 23:25   #496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Got a call from the TASS that the rear door beading have been modified and a new design shipped to them by FIAT.

The new beading doesnt have the iron rod running across which was the culprit causing rust in most of the Linea's.

I have not seen the beading in flesh. Will go to the TASS this weekend to get the same fixed.

Will post pictures once i fix them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
BNZ

its horror

My beadings are also rusting in the same place !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Seems every line has the same issue.
I saw a lot of Linea having the same rusting issue.
Last week i checked in my car and there's no evident rusting.
Though i have to check each and everyweek as i pour water and clean my car often.

I am yet to fix the new rubber beading but seen it in flesh last week.

The new one has "galvanised" steel rod running across the beading to avoid rusting. The existing rubber beading have non-galvanised (oridinary) steel rods which was the reason for rusting.

Concorde chennai guys are replacing the beading in all Linea/punto's reported for rusting.
Old 11th May 2010, 00:12   #497
BHPian

Default Summer Holiday - Yercaud

Last week, did a short (4 night stay) trip to Yercaud with my Family (wife and 4 year old daughter)

MID details that were noted during the trip:

Chennai - Yercaud (via Vellore, Dharmapuri on NH46):
Distance : ¨380 Kms / travel during daytime
Duration: approx 4.15 hrs
Average Consumption: 13.7 km/lt
Speed Limit maintained : 120 to 140 km/hr
Top speed: 165 km/hr

Yercaud - Chennai (via Attur, Ulundurpettai, Villupuram on NH68, NH 45)
Distance : ¨370 Kms / travel during day time
Duration: approx 8 hours **
Average Consumption: 15.1 km/lt
Speed Limit: average of 80 km/hr
Top speed: 120 km/hr

(** approx 180 kms from Salem till Villupuram on NH68 were unmotarable roads as the road widening work was going on. Couldn't cross the speed limit of 50 kmph until Villupuram)

As usual, felt very confident at top speeds, Brilliant handling & less body roll.

Few irritants were the Low ground clearance and the crappy Goodyear GT3 tyre noise. Otherwise, Linea was at its Best.

Stayed at Hotel Grand Palace as recommended by fellow bhpian Geeash. Would rate 10/10 for the service, VFM and excellent 3 star rooms.

Few of the snaps taken during the trip.
(the last 3 photographs are view from the balcony - overlooking the gorgeous valley and the open space behind the hotel)

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00795.jpg

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00861.jpg

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00862.jpg

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00863.jpg

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00870.jpg

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00823.jpg

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00871.jpg

Last edited by bnzjon : 11th May 2010 at 00:15.
Old 11th May 2010, 21:18   #498
BHPian

Nice pics bnz. You seem to have totally enjoyed the drive. Keep it going.
Old 12th May 2010, 09:10   #499
Senior - BHPian

Cool mate! I remember the same place where i parked my linea too along with satya's linea side by side.

Now yercaud has 3 lineas visiting regularly. may be we must all get to gather and go to yercaud onec for a linea meet
Old 15th May 2010, 02:27   #500
BHPian

My car insurance is getting expired on 5/June.
Need to start hunting for insurance quotes from all possible links.

Last year IDV was 649,000 and NCB will be 0 as i had made one claim during the year.

Need your help !

Last edited by bnzjon : 15th May 2010 at 02:33.
Old 15th May 2010, 02:52   #501
Senior - BHPian

Ideally your car IDV must go down by 10 %. but try to get a IDV of atleast 6 lakhs. Since there is no NCB, Your insurance must come for atleast 13-14k premium
Old 16th May 2010, 23:50   #502
BHPian

Default ATV's @ Yercaud

Missed to mention this.

I came across ATV's at yercaud. This is on way to Pagoda point from Yercaud lake.

The charges range from Rs. 100 to Rs. 12,500 (yes, rupees twelve thousand five hundred !!!).

Charges are based on the distance and the terrain. The distance ranges from 200 meters to 5 kms.

I drove a 2 km range which costed me Rs. 2000.
The route was rocky, slushy and very slippery. It was a nice adventurous experience.

Sorry, couldn't click pictures as it started raining. The below pics are from my mobile phone before the rains (regret the bad quality).

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00352.jpg

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00360.jpg
Old 20th May 2010, 10:21   #503
BHPian

Quote:
My car insurance is getting expired on 5/June.
Need to start hunting for insurance quotes from all possible links.

Last year IDV was 649,000 and NCB will be 0 as i had made one claim during the year.

Need your help !
Finalising my Insurance today. Thanks for the help from our inhouse Insurance advisor Rupesh (rjvora2000).

IDV - 584000 (10% lesser than previous year)
Premium - 13700 (0 ncb and 40% discount)
Provider - Bajaj Allianz
Old 21st May 2010, 00:45   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Finalising my Insurance today. Thanks for the help from our inhouse Insurance advisor Rupesh (rjvora2000).

IDV - 584000 (10% lesser than previous year)
Premium - 13700 (0 ncb and 40% discount)
Provider - Bajaj Allianz
Reworked the IDV to Rs. 555,555 and premium at 13,079.
Old 5th June 2010, 02:22   #505
BHPian

Default Delay in getting spares

I am in a pretty bad situation now.

I had ordered the below parts around 2 months back and for strange reason FIAT is despatching the wrong ones !

It has happened thrice despite Concorde Chennai ordering it perfectly on time.

1. AC grill - centre and right grills have broken (bad quality of plastics). Fiat is despatching the grills of Active version everytime the order is placed. The sticker on the cover shows "AC vent for Emotion" but the stuff inside the cover is for Active. This has happened thrice !!!

2. Heater evaporator Hose - not available with TASS and its almost 2 months that i am waiting for this. Without this, ACC is not working and the AC is now working in normal manual mode.

3. Chrome strips on the door - not available. order placed and waiting for almost 2 months.

Am little worried about the delay in spares. Not sure if this is a one-off case happening just to me or the old Palio story is repeating here !

Last edited by bnzjon : 5th June 2010 at 02:31.
Old 5th June 2010, 09:20   #506
BHPian

That's bad indeed BNZ. Looks like sheer loss of management and Inventory control on part of Fiat. I assume you have already blasted them on CEO corner.
Old 6th June 2010, 15:21   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
That's bad indeed BNZ. Looks like sheer loss of management and Inventory control on part of Fiat. I assume you have already blasted them on CEO corner.
I had written a mail to all the top guys as well as the CEO corner.
Got a reply from the head of Spares after 3 days that they are priortising my request.

Hopefully i should get the parts this week.

It is sad that most of the regular parts (except oils and filters) are not readily available off the shelf. Minimum waiting period is one week !

Last edited by bnzjon : 6th June 2010 at 15:22.
Old 7th June 2010, 22:13   #508
Senior - BHPian

Binze try checking in VST. They readily have all parts stocked . just check out
Old 7th June 2010, 22:49   #509
Senior - BHPian

I too faced a Joke their in VST.
I had insisted them to replace AC Pollen Filter at my 2nd service,though it's in the service schedule too.
I asked them to change it as i got some stink whenever i switch on the AC.

Once my car had returned. The bill didn't list AC Pollen filter.
I called SA and he told he changed it and missed in the bill as it's adjusted with the Oil which billed for 4 lts instead of 3.5 lts.

But after the service also i got the same odour.
last week it happened to meet the VST,Service Manager.
he told that while at 2nd service,there's no stock of AC Pollen filter and it's not changed that time and he will send somebody to change it in my home itself.

I was totally shattered,as I already informed him about the conversation between me and his SA reg, this pollen filter and Oil.I raised this issue with GM,Service too,
He totally forgot those issues and plainly telling me the truth

That time i don't know how to react and simply smiling and thought of my fate.

GOD ONLY SAVE US .......

But he promised me to send somebody to change the Pollen filter and fix some other issues.

Let's see....

Bnz,

you can contact Mr.Ramalingam, Service Manager,VST.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 7th June 2010 at 22:51.
Old 8th June 2010, 00:42   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Bnz,

you can contact Mr.Ramalingam, Service Manager,VST.
Karthik, thanks.
Will wait for one more day as FIAT had promised parts by tuesday and will call VST on wednesday.
Closed Thread