Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 9th June 2010, 00:24   #511
BHPian

At last, got a call from Concorde Motors today that the parts have reached them and are in order.

Will get them fixed tommorrow.
Old 9th June 2010, 08:02   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
At last, got a call from Concorde Motors today that the parts have reached them and are in order.

Will get them fixed tommorrow.

Good news. Hopefully the parts are what were ordered and not the same thing all over again . Wish you luck!
Old 27th June 2010, 02:43   #513
BHPian

Default Brake Dust Repellent

Brought a bottle of Brake dust repellent from GP Road. Good one.

It is doing an excellent job of repelling Brake dust making it easier to clean the alloys.

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00883.jpg

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00885.jpg
Old 30th June 2010, 10:57   #514
BHPian

Default Linea's Headlight lens darkening !

Recently i noticed that the outer corner (1/3rd portion of the lens) of the headlamp lens has darkened.
Today my car is with the TASS and i referred this to the SA.

He claims that it is because of the ageing factor. I checked (along with the SA) all Linea's which came for Service today morning and found that all Linea's had this issue. SA refused to change the lens under warranty/manufacturing defect.

It looks like the lens darkens because of the heat generated by the bulbs. Strange that 6+ month Linea headlamp lens discolours so fast.
Recently i noticed that the outer corner (1/3rd portion of the lens) of the headlamp lens has darkened.

He claims that it is because of the ageing factor. I checked (along with the SA) all Linea's which came for Service today morning and found that all Linea's had this issue. SA refused to change the lens under warranty/manufacturing defect.

It looks like the lens darkens because of the heat generated by the bulbs. Strange that 6+ month Linea headlamp lens discolours so fast.
Old 30th June 2010, 12:07   #515
Senior - BHPian

^ send a pm to crazy_eddy he got his headlight replaced because of the darkening issue .

Which shop did you get the tyre polish ? rahmans ?
Old 1st July 2010, 10:45   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Which shop did you get the tyre polish ? rahmans ?
I got it from Jeewajee, Annanagar
Old 1st July 2010, 13:26   #517
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Binze,

Yep had the same issue within 6 months, so doubt its the ageing factor. Mine became so dark that when I showed it to the SA, he thought I had smoked the headlamp for aesthetic looks

Oddly enough it happened only on one side.
It was done FOC under warranty, so make sure you raise hell if they tell you otherwise. I can't find the bill for it yet, will scan and send you a copy once I do. If i'm not mistaken, they changed the entire assembly. I did ask them repeatedly what caused it, and they just hmm'ed and said no clue. I didn't bother at the time since I thought it was a one off case and they changed it without fuss.

A month later though I noticed the other side had started darkening as well. Requested them to change it, but they haven't gotten down to doing it yet. Asked them why its happening and got no reason as usual.

P.s: The brake dust repellent looks interesting. Is it working well? Any before/after pics of the wheels?

Last edited by Crazy_Eddy : 1st July 2010 at 13:28.
Old 2nd July 2010, 10:55   #518
BHPian

Thanks Eddy.

Did you change the headlights at VST ?

I have got the approval from FIAT to change the discoloured lenses but as usual the headlamp lens is not available with Concorde. I need to now wait for a week atleast.

Concorde has 3 headlamps but all the three have broken clips. Concorde claims that these are damaged in transit.
Not sure if FIAT is messing up with the packings or Concorde has poor storage facilities.

Brake dust repellent - its good. I could see visible difference. Brake dust doesnt stick to the wheels but need to apply every week.

Last edited by bnzjon : 2nd July 2010 at 11:10.
Old 2nd July 2010, 13:28   #519
BHPian

Changed it at Concorde. I havent been to VST so far.
How much does the lens cost otherwise?

How many applications will the Brake dust repellent last for?
Old 3rd July 2010, 00:35   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Eddy View Post
Changed it at Concorde. I havent been to VST so far.

How many applications will the Brake dust repellent last for?
Strange ! Concorde motors denies having changed the headlights for any Linea because of discoloration. I dint bother to argue much since they had agreed to change mine FOC.

I have applied it thrice and it may last for another 10 applications.
Old 3rd July 2010, 22:01   #521
BHPian

Quote:
The lens cost around 3900 including tax in Chennai.

You will get only the full assembly and not the lens alone.
Old 7th July 2010, 10:33   #522
BHPian

Default Pictures of discoloured headlights

Darkened headlight lenses attached for your viewing.

See from left to right. The 1/3rd of left side portion is darkened which i have circled.

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00894.jpg

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00897.jpg
Old 8th July 2010, 02:35   #523
BHPian

^ Yep that is how it looked here too. The edges are what showed first, possibly because of the brighter chrome on the inside.

Quote:
The lens cost around 3900 including tax in Chennai.

You will get only the full assembly and not the lens alone.
So 3.9k is for the entire headlight assembly?

Quote:
Strange ! Concorde motors denies having changed the headlights for any Linea because of discoloration. I dint bother to argue much since they had agreed to change mine FOC.

I have applied it thrice and it may last for another 10 applications.
The people at Concorde motors are very forgetful. I don't know if they're compulsive liars or amnesiacs.
Sadly this behaviour extends right up to the CRM - Mr. Shivakumar.
Old 8th July 2010, 10:17   #524
BHPian

Quote:
^
The people at Concorde motors are very forgetful. I don't know if they're compulsive liars or amnesiacs.
Sadly this behaviour extends right up to the CRM - Mr. Shivakumar.

You said it buddy.

I hardly interact with the CRM. I stopped interacting with him the day he told me that rattlings are common in all cars and need to live with it.

He advised (was curt) that i need not bother them with issues like rattling

Regarding the headlight change, everyone including the centre manager to the SA denied any knowledge of changing headlight for any customer in the last 2 years. Selective amenesia could be the reason
Old 8th July 2010, 16:49   #525
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I have been using a suzuki SX4 for the past 3 years and had no major/minor issue except those caused by self. I guess that is exactly why many recommend to stay away from Fiat.
Closed Thread