Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 10th July 2010, 02:56   #526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Strange ! Concorde motors denies having changed the headlights for any Linea because of discoloration. I dint bother to argue much since they had agreed to change mine FOC.
Found the bill :P

*cue up X-files theme song*
The headlight that was never changed by Concorde by an SA and mechanics who do not exist, circled in red.
*/X-files*

BTW does anyone have any idea what the two parts are that i've circled in blue? For the second, I'm not sure what an oil separator is.

P.s: Don't miss the part where i've been billed for "Super Glue". This, when chrome parts falling off were a Fiat admitted issue. I didn't really mind, we all would've paid them the measly extra for better glue... except, the part came out again and has been lying in the glove box ever since
Attached Thumbnails
Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-bill.jpg  

Last edited by Crazy_Eddy : 10th July 2010 at 03:00.
Old 10th July 2010, 16:31   #527
BHPian

Eddy, did you specifically ask for "castrol Edge" ?

All Linea's are usually filled with Selenia K engine oil.

In my car, during my second service they were pouring Castrol Edge and one of the BHPian was at the TASS who pointed that it should be Selenia. Immediately they stopped filling the oil. Later the service advisor called me and informed that Selenia is not in stock and can they fill Mobil 1 which is twice costlier than Selenia .

I checked with FIAT and after confirmation from FIAT that Selania/Mobil are approved by FIAT i gave the nod to fill Mobil1.

Mobil1 and Castrol Edge are costilier than Selenia by atleast Rs. 750 per litre including tax

Last edited by bnzjon : 10th July 2010 at 16:34.
Old 10th July 2010, 18:04   #528
BHPian

i was that bhpian bnzjon is talking about.LOL.publicity is something which i like.
Old 10th July 2010, 18:54   #529
BHPian

No I didn't specifically ask. Although Dad had taken the car for the service, and he's not well versed with different types/brands of oil, so he might have just nodded to whatever they said.

After reading the bill, I had asked a few friends and they said Edge is fine, so I left it at that.
Old 13th July 2010, 23:28   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Recently i noticed that the outer corner (1/3rd portion of the lens) of the headlamp lens has darkened.
Today my car is with the TASS and i referred this to the SA.

He claims that it is because of the ageing factor. I checked (along with the SA) all Linea's which came for Service today morning and found that all Linea's had this issue. SA refused to change the lens under warranty/manufacturing defect.

It looks like the lens darkens because of the heat generated by the bulbs. Strange that 6+ month Linea headlamp lens discolours so fast.
Recently i noticed that the outer corner (1/3rd portion of the lens) of the headlamp lens has darkened.
Today my car is with the TASS and i referred this to the SA.

He claims that it is because of the ageing factor. I checked (along with the SA) all Linea's which came for Service today morning and found that all Linea's had this issue. SA refused to change the lens under warranty/manufacturing defect.

It looks like the lens darkens because of the heat generated by the bulbs. Strange that 6+ month Linea headlamp lens discolours so fast.
Quote:
I have got the approval from FIAT to change the discoloured lenses but as usual the headlamp lens is not available with Concorde. I need to now wait for a week atleast.
Quote:
Darkened headlight lenses attached for your viewing.

See from left to right. The 1/3rd of left side portion is darkened which i have circled.

Attachment 382675

Attachment 382676
Got the headlight assembly changed under warranty/FOC. Now i have crystal clear headlamps
Old 14th July 2010, 00:12   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got the headlight assembly changed under warranty/FOC. Now i have crystal clear headlamps
Great news. I hope the experience of getting the headlamps changed was reasonably smooth. One thing I really like about the Linea is that the spares are very reasonably priced too (confirmed by the Autocar survey).

New Pics ?
Old 14th July 2010, 00:21   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Great news. I hope the experience of getting the headlamps changed was reasonably smooth. One thing I really like about the Linea is that the spares are very reasonably priced too (confirmed by the Autocar survey).

New Pics ?
I had to wait for a week to get the new Headlamps. Otherwise, FIAT was very cooperative in changing the headlamps free of cost
Old 26th July 2010, 10:40   #533
BHPian

Default 20000 kms

Completed 20000 kms in 13 months & 15 days of ownership.

Average mileage i get in the city traffic (70% non peak & 30% peak) with 100% AC on is approx 12.5

Extremely satisfied with the performance of the car.

TASS is doing reasonably well and am happy with their service.
Would rate them 7/10.

Bravo! Itís a Vocal White Linea - Aal Izz Well (Now sold and upgraded to the TJet)-dsc00447.jpg
Old 26th July 2010, 14:43   #534
BHPian

Default re

That's a impressive mileage. But, what do you mean by "non-peak" could you elaborate a little bit on this? What is your highway figure?
Old 26th July 2010, 15:00   #535
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Benze,

I too completed 20K mark on last week.
you would have bought Diesel instead of petrol wagon
Enjoy and Drive Safe.
Old 27th July 2010, 00:57   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
That's a impressive mileage. But, what do you mean by "non-peak" could you elaborate a little bit on this? What is your highway figure?
Highway mileage is 16 -17 kmpl.

Non peak - i go to office at around 12 noon and return back around 11 pm. During this time zone, the traffic is 40% lesser than the morning and evening rush hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Congrats Benze,

I too completed 20K mark on last week.
you would have bought Diesel instead of petrol wagon
Enjoy and Drive Safe.

I use to drive approx 12k kms a year in my earlier cars. With Linea in my life, i started many a long drives.
Old 27th July 2010, 05:32   #537
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Completed 20000 kms in 13 months & 15 days of ownership. Average mileage i get in the city traffic (70% non peak & 30% peak) with 100% AC on is approx 12.5. Extremely satisfied with the performance of the car. TASS is doing reasonably well and am happy with their service. Would rate them 7/10.
Congratulations, bnzjon. Your Linea is really FE. Nice to learn about satisfactory TASS.
Old 27th July 2010, 19:30   #538
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Bnzjon.You're pretty fast in clocking miles and that's a good reason why I wonder why you chose petrol Linea over the Diesel one! How about updating your thread with a new set of images?

Btw, I completed 20k kms yesterday in our Fiat Punto 1.3 E+ . Unlike you, I did it in 347 days(11 months, 13 days)

Happy and safe motoring btw.

Regards
Amith

Last edited by Klub Class : 27th July 2010 at 19:31. Reason: Spelling mistakes!
Old 5th August 2010, 22:28   #539
BHPian

Congrats Binze on crossing 20k, in 13 months . You could have opted for mjd. Happy to see another happy linea owner. My MJD linea just reached 13500km in 7 months. Very happy and satisfied till date.
Old 26th August 2010, 09:57   #540
Senior - BHPian

We could have Opted for the MJD instead. congrats
Closed Thread