Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 3rd August 2009, 12:20   #46
BHPian

that rust near the door lock assemblies is shocking! either the dinitrol didnt work or the paintwork was damaged while some work was being done with the door locks. in 3 months of ownership of my Linea and being in a place where it rains like crazy, asbolutely no rust anywhere in and around the car. the rust needs to be cleaned with paint thinner and maybe u can do a cavity waxing to arrest rusting. tho probably i feel the rusting is from some screw / nut in the door lock assembly
Old 3rd August 2009, 12:37   #47
BHPian

the rusting is crazy ! nothing of this sort on my car or for that matter , on any 3 month old car this is criminal !
Old 3rd August 2009, 19:06   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Casing(Plastic cover near sunblind,it already came off while cleaning.I have glued it palce again.) only or the full Assembly.
Karthik, they have placed the intend for the full assembly. The rattling noise is coming from the assembly.
Old 3rd August 2009, 19:14   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
that rust near the door lock assemblies is shocking! either the dinitrol didnt work or the paintwork was damaged while some work was being done with the door locks. in 3 months of ownership of my Linea and being in a place where it rains like crazy, asbolutely no rust anywhere in and around the car. the rust needs to be cleaned with paint thinner and maybe u can do a cavity waxing to arrest rusting. tho probably i feel the rusting is from some screw / nut in the door lock assembly

Sunil, dinitrol is applied only for the inner pads. So there wont be any effect on the outer body.

Regarding the rust, received a call from Pune that they will scrap the paint in that particular part, apply chemicals (??) and then repaint it. I have also put this in mail that incase if it rusts even after the treatment and repainting, they should replace both the door Free of cost. Lets see.

i guess that the reason for rusting is because TASS had greased both the locks in the rear door after i did my PDI (I found them too tight). While removing the screws, paint would have peeled off. TASS too acknowledges this. No way, there could be rusting in a new car.

Hopefully the chemical treatment and repainting should work
Old 3rd August 2009, 21:34   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Sunil, dinitrol is applied only for the inner pads. So there wont be any effect on the outer body.

Regarding the rust, received a call from Pune that they will scrap the paint in that particular part, apply chemicals (??) and then repaint it. I have also put this in mail that incase if it rusts even after the treatment and repainting, they should replace both the door Free of cost. Lets see.

i guess that the reason for rusting is because TASS had greased both the locks in the rear door after i did my PDI (I found them too tight). While removing the screws, paint would have peeled off. TASS too acknowledges this. No way, there could be rusting in a new car.

Hopefully the chemical treatment and repainting should work

chemical treatment would be application of a polyester primer that prevents rusting. as regards the reason for rusting guess i am bang on target!
Old 4th August 2009, 15:06   #51
BHPian

Quote:
1. Driver seat Back rest is shaking which the Vendor (Tata Johnson) and Service Centre has agreed to replace after persuading for almost 3 weeks and some tough talking with Mangesh Kodalkar. Order Placed for New Seat on 11/July. Yet to receive the same.[/FONT][/COLOR]
10. Driver seat goes down automatically every night! No solution yet in place at Chennai
Friends, i received a call from Concorde informing me that the replacement for driver seat is ready. The car has to be taken to TATA Johnson's office (vendor for Fiat Seats) at Maraimalainagar which is 30 kms from my place. The seat can only be fixed at the vendor's place as Concorde doesnt have the equipments to fix it (strange !).

TASS also informed me that the whole assembly for the seat will also be changed. Hopefully, my seat going down issue should be solved now.
Old 4th August 2009, 18:38   #52
BANNED

Quote:
TASS also informed me that the whole assembly for the seat will also be changed.
This is what I was also told but now they say its only the lever which they'll change as thats the culprit
Old 4th August 2009, 19:51   #53
BHPian

Congrats on the buy!

Quote:
neo, to be frank, the humming sound came just the day i went to the service centre. i noticied it while taking a U-turn.
Quote:
Somehow, Chrome strip falling is like the mandatory service intervals.i am sure, every Linea owner till date would have faced it. If not, the due date is not far. Henceforth, let us not mention this in all our forums
Initially, I felt a bit smug thinking I had escaped the chrome strip menace. Thankfully Concorde put me in my place, and removed it (for free!) during the first service!
I never used to have the humming sound from the PS either. However after the 1st service its audible, along with a slight squeak from the steering column each time it hits the full turn and a slight reverse tug as well - oddly I could not hear the squeak from the engine bay.

Well, here's to many more visits to Concorde's service centre, perhaps we may bump into each other sometime!
Old 4th August 2009, 20:29   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Eddy View Post
Initially, I felt a bit smug thinking I had escaped the chrome strip menace. Thankfully Concorde put me in my place, and removed it (for free!) during the first service!
I never used to have the humming sound from the PS either. However after the 1st service its audible, along with a slight squeak from the steering column each time it hits the full turn and a slight reverse tug as well - oddly I could not hear the squeak from the engine bay.

Well, here's to many more visits to Concorde's service centre, perhaps we may bump into each other sometime!
You just can not miss Chrome Strip saga. Its a ritual without which Linea ownership is incomplete

I've never heard any humming sound even when steering in full-turn.
But Crazy_Eddy - if you're hearing squeak or other sounds when turning steering, I suggest you to get it checked. In some batches of Linea, Fiat has asked TASS to replace some parts of steering column (or something else - don't remember right now)
Old 4th August 2009, 22:14   #55
Senior - BHPian

I do hear a "tak" sound when i turn the steering fully both ways. is it the same thing you are telling as squeak?
Old 4th August 2009, 22:19   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I do hear a "tak" sound when i turn the steering fully both ways. is it the same thing you are telling as squeak?
Not the 'tak' sound but a longish 'queeek' sound.
Hope you understood what i meant, otherwise will call you tommorrow to mimic it.
Old 4th August 2009, 22:23   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hope you understood what i meant, otherwise will call you tommorrow to mimic it.

It would be a pleasure to hear you mimic the sound over the phone haha!!.

Cannot control laughing!!!
Old 4th August 2009, 22:34   #58
BHPian

Just read this news in The Hindu Business Line - "The passenger vehicle business reported a total sale and distribution offtake of 19,881 nos. (17,191 Tata + 2,690 Fiat) in the domestic market in July 2009 "

Assuming, 200 palio's and 900 Linea's (as per last 3 month trend) are sold last month, Punto sales will be only 1590 !! Is this a decent no. keeping in mind the popularity Punto generated in the last 2 months ?
Old 4th August 2009, 22:47   #59
Senior - BHPian

1590 is a good number for punto mate!!. it has just started to pick up. Hopefully it should settle down . 1600 on a consistent basis is what we need.

Nowadays i am seeing more linea than punto so i hope the sales in july would have been much higher than the previous months........
Old 5th August 2009, 10:36   #60
BHPian

Guys, read this article on FIAT India in the Businessworld Issue Dated 14-20 July 2009) titled "On Linea(r) Overdrive - Finally, Fiat has a car that sells. But poor service can cost it dear "

The article is about the fourth coming of FIAT into the Indian market. Very intersting piece.

The below extract is an interesting comparison of Linea with other cars but look at the Cars Linea is compared with !!!!

Name:  fiat_graphic.jpg
Views: 1183
Size:  52.7 KB
Closed Thread