Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 14th August 2009, 17:01   #106
Senior - BHPian

Default think about it

Do the service advisors get the wiper tank or the alloys or the emblems for tata simo/indica from tatas own plant from ranjangaon each time they recieve a vehicle?. i dont think so. they have these things ready in stock. Concorde or other tata dealership stock even a minute parts for their tata vehicles in dealership itself and they get it replaced when used.
Why the same is not happening in fiat? is it because of stepmotherly treatment by tata?. when they sell the vehicle why cant they stock the parts in dealership authorised service centre?

Now please dont tell me it is because it is a new car newer technology or something.

Its been 8 months guys since the launch. come on wake up.

Do they need more than 8 months to get themselves tuned to the service? do they need more than 8 months to stock parts.?
do they need more than 8 months to know the part number when it is already fed in the computer?. Do they need more than 8 months to train the technitians for linea/ punto service?.

Even vahan says it took 14 days to get the part. even if we order in ebay international site we can get it within 1 week . why does it take 14 days for the part to reach from pune to mumbai which is just accross the state.
Does that mean if it is ordered from arunachalpradesh it might take more than 1 year to get the part.

I mean why do they have to indent each time to get the parts from ranjangaon. I can imagine this waiting period if we are giving our car service to third party mechanics. they only say that they have to get parts from dealer. But this is authorised fiat service centre dude!!. authorised service centre is a place where things get done quickly as they have parts ready and not like what we are experiencing

It is a real pity that we are still tolerant. and we still keep quiet.

Think about it guys.
Old 14th August 2009, 17:54   #107
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Do the service advisors get the wiper tank or the alloys or the emblems for tata simo/indica from tatas own plant from ranjangaon each time they recieve a vehicle?. i dont think so. they have these things ready in stock. Concorde or other tata dealership stock even a minute parts for their tata vehicles in dealership itself and they get it replaced when used.
Why the same is not happening in fiat? is it because of stepmotherly treatment by tata?. when they sell the vehicle why cant they stock the parts in dealership authorised service centre?
IMO, the answers to your questions could be the low volume of total Lineas plying till date i.e. 8 months * avg 1000 pm = 8000 Lineas distributed across 99 dealerships means around 8 Linea only per dealer. This low stats makes it difficult to stock each & every part for a dealer for he does not know when can he liquidate it.

Also someone mentioned Fiat has a cash payment policy for dealers which makes it difficult for dealer to stock.

2 things come to my mind which could ease this out:
  1. Fiat increases stocks to the dealers & give them liberal credit. This will increase costs substantially.
  2. If Fiat does not want to do above for cost reasons, atleast it can put in place an efficient system of Inventory ordering/ Management. i.e. a Faster courier which can deliver the part within 2 days of indent. Is this impossible to do or difficult or does this increases the costs substantially?
This is critical phase for Fiat & the Sales (which are already going down) can go up only by way of very very positive Word-of-mouth. There is no better marketing/ promotion tool than a Solid Ownership experience to existing customers.

Fiat - Are you listening to all these ?? You've most of the things going your way. Do not spoil it with sub-standard Ownership experiences.
Old 14th August 2009, 18:20   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
IMO, the answers to your questions could be the low volume of total Lineas plying till date i.e. 8 months * avg 1000 pm = 8000 Lineas distributed across 99 dealerships means around 8 Linea only per dealer. This low stats makes it difficult to stock each & every part for a dealer for he does not know when can he liquidate it.

Also someone mentioned Fiat has a cash payment policy for dealers which makes it difficult for dealer to stock.

2 things come to my mind which could ease this out:
  1. Fiat increases stocks to the dealers & give them liberal credit. This will increase costs substantially.
  2. If Fiat does not want to do above for cost reasons, atleast it can put in place an efficient system of Inventory ordering/ Management. i.e. a Faster courier which can deliver the part within 2 days of indent. Is this impossible to do or difficult or does this increases the costs substantially?
This is critical phase for Fiat & the Sales (which are already going down) can go up only by way of very very positive Word-of-mouth. There is no better marketing/ promotion tool than a Solid Ownership experience to existing customers.

Fiat - Are you listening to all these ?? You've most of the things going your way. Do not spoil it with sub-standard Ownership experiences.
Amit you got ur mathematics wrong. its 80 lineas per dealer. well liberal credit and you will see what happens to the parts!
1. the dealers will be tempted to liquidate the stocks in case the credit period expires, and they may sell these to the part duplicators who manufacture spurious parts.
2. even maruti has changed their system of selling spares. the MASS's are no longer holding stocks of spares. intead 3rd party dealers have been appointed. to get a SX4 wiper blade i waited for 14 days. to get the centre console finisher / garnish the wait was for 45 days!
3. Geeash, i know you tend to get frustrated with the waiting for parts etc, but i would suggest that you mail aashish @ Fiapl the same points that you have put here and you will have concorde at your door with all the parts requested.
4. in my case whatever part i requested came in 2-3 days!
Old 14th August 2009, 23:34   #109
BHPian

Quote:
I agree.
I order a Wiper Fluid Tank. I was coordinating not with Technician,not with Advisor, not with Service Manager but with AGM for ordering this. Because earlier for some goof up I created so much noise & called Fiat guys from Pune that the AGM knows me well. Still the Wiper Fluid Tank took 14 days to come. And by that time, that great fellow Fiat Corp Quality person sent the Vendor of Wiper Fluid Tank to Mumbai carrying a tank for my car.
This is where i feel frustrated with the TASS.
We Linean's are always in touch with the top guys in FIAT for even small & minor replacements.

How long do you guys think it will work ? The volumes are 8000 now, out of which hardly 20 BHP Lineans are in direct touch with FIAT guys for replacement of spares.

Over a period of time with volumes increasing, people referring BHP forums etc, will FIAT top guys like Mangesh and Aashish be able to help us with replacement of spares on time ? i seriouly doubt.
The ONLY permanent solution is that the TASS is fully equipped to handle our queries and manage supply of spares efficiently.

Its high time FIAT should make this clear to all the TASS on a warfooting basis.

>>> Ashwin and Chennai Lineans, let us plan for a meeting with the topbrass of FIAT and Concorde in Chennai. I will arrange for the same sometime next week end (similar to the one we had on the car and coffee meet). Let us collectively vent our frustation and plan what course of action we need to take.
Old 14th August 2009, 23:50   #110
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Amit you got ur mathematics wrong. its 80 lineas per dealer.
Oops. Silly me

Quote:
2. even maruti has changed their system of selling spares. the MASS's are no longer holding stocks of spares. intead 3rd party dealers have been appointed. to get a SX4 wiper blade i waited for 14 days. to get the centre console finisher / garnish the wait was for 45 days!
Well, forget Maruti, even the less celebrated Ford A.S.S. never ever asked me that a part is not available. Actually, I never knew that repair of car gets delyed due to parts nonavailability till I discarded Ford. I swear - never ever my car was held back for this reason. The car was always returned promptly with max 2 days except for accidental repairs. And I used Insurance claims almost every year to say the least.

Why can't TASS give spares in 2-3 days ? Now even taking the car again after 2-3 days feels irritating when I think about my Ford experience.
Old 15th August 2009, 00:47   #111
BHPian

Guys, i am not sure how many of you would have driven your car after 12 midnight (or) early hours, say between 2 am to 4 am.

I normally come home around these times from office

You know, during day, i never hear any rattling noises in my Linea. I have tried many a times to keenly observe even minute sounds at every nook and corner of my car.

While i come home after 12 midnight, i could hear a couple of them (from rear seat belt assembly and left passenger side AC vent).

I dont hear these rattlings in the day time even at 11 pm!!!!

Everytime i take my car to the TASS, i feel like a fool because they just discount my claims.

I can no way convince the TASS guys to TD the car in the night to find the rattling noise.
Old 15th August 2009, 00:53   #112
BANNED

Binze

your Linea seems to have a ghost inside
Old 15th August 2009, 01:42   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Binze

your Linea seems to have a ghost inside
Amit,
My friends too made fun of me till the day i took them for a royal "ride" in my car.

I too am not discounting the factor that there could be a ghost in my car (apart from me) - could be a disgruntled Palio owner who would have committed suicide because of Concorde Chennai TASS
Old 15th August 2009, 01:52   #114
BHPian

Ashwin, just received this SMS (at 1.50 am) from Concorde Motors Sales - "Fiat Linea August Offer - Cash Benefit of Rs. 25,000 and ready stock available in all colours; Delivery within a week".

I remember you saying your friend had been told that the car has a waiting period of almost 30 days !!!!

Pls ask him to check with the Sales guys at Concorde about this SMS which states "delivery within a week for all colours". He may refer my name.

Last edited by bnzjon : 15th August 2009 at 01:54.
Old 15th August 2009, 01:59   #115
BHPian

Default Sunil, Your Help required !

Quote:
mail aashish @ Fiapl the same points that you have put here and you will have concorde at your door with all the parts requested.
4. in my case whatever part i requested came in 2-3 days!
Sunil, i suggest, you could help me book the spares at your end, get it in 2-3 days (use your infuence with FIAT for your fellow Linean) and courier it to me. All in all it would take only 5 days. I save 25 waiting days. Yuppie !!

I dont mind paying you some extra commission, even at a premium and delivery charges

Help Fellow Linean's
Old 15th August 2009, 06:40   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Sunil, i suggest, you could help me book the spares at your end, get it in 2-3 days (use your infuence with FIAT for your fellow Linean) and courier it to me. All in all it would take only 5 days. I save 25 waiting days. Yuppie !!

I dont mind paying you some extra commission, even at a premium and delivery charges

Help Fellow Linean's
BNZjon! always at your service. mail me / PM me the part Numbers. there is a fiat parts manual at the TASS. refer that and mail me the part Number.
Old 15th August 2009, 09:09   #117
Senior - BHPian

sunil why dont you set up a spareparts thridparty dealership for linea using your influences. we will all be benificiaries........
Old 15th August 2009, 09:17   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
sunil why dont you set up a spareparts thridparty dealership for linea using your influences. we will all be benificiaries........
Geeash! what about my profession then ??? if Fiat gives me a chance to set up a Dealership + A.S.S. i will surely venture in with help from all you lineans!
Old 15th August 2009, 14:35   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Geeash! what about my profession then ??? if Fiat gives me a chance to set up a Dealership + A.S.S. i will surely venture in with help from all you lineans!
@ sunil

If you open an A.S.S I wont mind Driving from Delhi to Manglore for Job work on my Linea . I am already Hats OFF to your knowledge.
Old 16th August 2009, 12:14   #120
BHPian

Ashwin, just received this SMS (at 1.50 am) from Concorde Motors Sales - "Fiat Linea August Offer - Cash Benefit of Rs. 25,000 and ready stock available in all colours; Delivery within a week".
@bnzjon.
Can you please find out since what date this offer is valid? I was assured that there were no cash discounts in August when I took delivery of my car. Will really appreciate it
Closed Thread