Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 16th August 2009, 13:01   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
Can you please find out since what date this offer is valid? I was assured that there were no cash discounts in August when I took delivery of my car. Will really appreciate it

Offer valid till 25/Aug.
Old 16th August 2009, 13:54   #122
Senior - BHPian

and no offers still on emotion pack
Old 16th August 2009, 13:54   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Offer valid till 25/Aug.
I don't think this offer has been extended by FIAT at all dealerships across the country. It may be very specific by this dealer & maybe on specific variants - Active & Dynamic. As these are slow moving variants, the dealer may have stocked up more than he thinks will sell usually, hence huge discounts.

Last edited by forbhaskarm : 16th August 2009 at 13:56.
Old 16th August 2009, 16:13   #124
BHPian

Folks, received a call from JD power survey. They were taking my feedback on sales and delivery quality (not on after sales service).

The feedback session lasted for almost 20 mins. I gave an excellent feedback on Sales and Delivery (9 out of 10). Concorde Chennai Sales experience was excellent.

Awaiting a similar survey on A.S.S. I doubt if i would rate them anything above 1 0r 2 out of 10 (Concorde should thank their stars that there are no negative points).

This week, i will give my car for her first service (including change of driver seat, wash wiper fluid tank, seat cover change and rear seat belt assembly). Hope and sincerely pray that the TASS would do a good Job. I am really worried and scared to visit the TASS.

Guys, wish me good luck.
Old 17th August 2009, 10:07   #125
BHPian

Its raining here in Chennai. I have decided to hold on for couple of days for the rain to stop. I dont want to give my car during rains as the TASS guys will spoil the interiors expecially the fabric hand rest etc.

Hopefully the rain should stop in the next couple of days (as per weather forecast).

I know i am too protective about my baby.
Old 17th August 2009, 10:42   #126
Senior - BHPian

Yes,Don't give it today.
once the climate changes,go for servicing.
Just posted my consequences with VST Motors A.S.S in my thread.
Check it.
Old 17th August 2009, 10:46   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
I don't think this offer has been extended by FIAT at all dealerships across the country. It may be very specific by this dealer & maybe on specific variants - Active & Dynamic. As these are slow moving variants, the dealer may have stocked up more than he thinks will sell usually, hence huge discounts.
I was informed about offers on Active and Dynamic but was told no offers on Emotion/Emotion Pack. If that is correct, I have nothing to complain about
Old 17th August 2009, 14:51   #128
JRD
BHPian

when i checked a month back.
you would get around 9000rs for your lineas oem tyres. and new ones will cost your around 5k per tyre michelin xm1's

Quote:
Friend, any idea how much i would require to shell out for the new tyres ? i meant, the price difference.
Old 17th August 2009, 16:52   #129
BANNED

Quote:
Ashwin, just received this SMS (at 1.50 am) from Concorde Motors Sales - "Fiat Linea August Offer - Cash Benefit of Rs. 25,000 and ready stock available in all colours; Delivery within a week".

I remember you saying your friend had been told that the car has a waiting period of almost 30 days !!!!
I happen to talk to someone at Fiat last week. To a query, he said that they are checking right now why still there are huge waiting periods as some 1000 Linea's are already at dealerships & another around-1000 in transit. We may see deliveries easing out soon.

Also I came across a news report 2 days back that Fiat is planning to export India-Manufactured Linea (Right Hand Drive) to 3 countries - South Africa, & 2 other countries (don't remember)
Old 17th August 2009, 17:19   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
I happen to talk to someone at Fiat last week. To a query, he said that they are checking right now why still there are huge waiting periods as some 1000 Linea's are already at dealerships & another around-1000 in transit. We may see deliveries easing out soon.

Also I came across a news report 2 days back that Fiat is planning to export India-Manufactured Linea (Right Hand Drive) to 3 countries - South Africa, & 2 other countries (don't remember)

Amit, most of these are Active & Dynamic Models. At Chennai, you would get these variants off the shelf. The demand is more on Emotion and E PK.

I am wondering why is FIAT still not realising this fact. I heard from my Sales guy that every month, they get equal no of Lower variants as compared to E PK for which there are absolutely no takers (not even for commercial use).
Old 19th August 2009, 19:51   #131
BHPian

Default No spares available at TASS even after 1 month

Quote:
Hi Guys, thanks a lot for your comments and support.
After the threatening and heated discussions, things are falling in place today.

Received atleast 3 calls from senior guys confirming to me that the Parts are despatched from Pune and will reach Chennai tommorrow ( i am not sure and i dont want beleive these guys until its received).

Hopefully things should get resolved in a day or two.

Guys, I havent received the spares till date.
No one in FIAT or TASS is responding.

My frustration levels have reached the brim and i am totally upset with the way FIAT and TASS is treating us in Chennai.

Btw, i am giving my car for her first servicing tommorrow. She has completed 3200 kms now. Was holding on for the spares to arrive so that i could complete all the tasks in one go.

Now, i cant wait anymore and void the warranty.
Old 19th August 2009, 22:07   #132
BHPian

Default Reply from FIAT - Aashish Bhardwaj

Folks,

I had today send a strong worded mail to Aashish Bhardwaj and Rajeev Kapoor today venting out all my frustration.

Here is the reply i received in just 10 minutes :

Dear Mr John,

I am surprised to see the pictures sent sent in your mail & a long list of complaints still unresolved. Entire team at fiat including the Customer Services team is working very hard towards customer satisfaction & tackling every single complaint case with utmost dedication.

I am forwarding this complaint once again to my colleagues in service department for a more detailed problem diagnosis & complete resolution to your satisfaction.

Please bear with us meanwhile

regards,
aashish

Note: I am presently on a official tour, hence would not be able to access my mail frequently. Nevertheless, please feel free to write back to me or at for further update.

Unquote
Old 20th August 2009, 09:41   #133
BHPian

I have also written a similar mail to Rajeev Kapoor (thanks Coolboy for the mail id). Lets see what happens.

Btw, i have given my car for first service and replacement of spares as per my previous post.

Spares replacement under warranty:
1. OE leather seat cover ( dealer says they will refit. I wanted it to be replaced. Mangesh is kind of speaking both ways)
2. Cracked Wash wiper fluid tank
3. LINEA EMOTION name plate (few letters fell off last month)
4. Shaking driver seat (the car will be taken to the Vendor's office (TATA Johnson) at Maramalai Nagar for replacement. Hopefully the seat coming down should be solved as the full seat assembly will be changed)
5. Rusting on rear door pads ( paint to be scrapped, chemically treated and repainted)
6. Rear seat belt casing which was causing rattle ( spares not received even after 30 days and repeated reminders)

Other issues to be rectified :
1. Painting work on the bumper where the paint peeled off because of my carelessness.
2. AC cooling is low
3. OVRM cover is hanging loose. to be tightened
4. Engine noise is very high
5. Vibration in the accelarator pedal once i cross 80 kmph

Will write a detailed post on my service experience post receipt of car.

Last edited by bnzjon : 20th August 2009 at 09:42.
Old 20th August 2009, 09:49   #134
Senior - BHPian

Most of the Lineas were sold in Chennai(TamilNadu).
But FIAT is not concerning and speed up the spares delivery.Shame.
FIAT has to mind on Service part too.
Heard some nuts and bolts about every TATA(VST,Concorde,Tafe Reach) Service Centre in Chennai.
They definitely lack in servicing FIAT cars.
First Priority has to be given for training to service people and next for Spare parts.
FIAT,Do it ASAP, otherwise you have to lose some prospective and exisiting customers in Chennai.
Old 23rd August 2009, 21:17   #135
BHPian

Work had kept me busy for the last one week and i had chance to login to BHP for just peeping in on whats happening with all of you! Almost 14-15 hours at office. Wish i had 48 hours in a day !

I am yet to get my Car back from the Service. Thanks to Sathya_SC who too was there at the TASS to fix couple of rattling noises in his car (read Sathya's TASS visit in his forum :Linea MJD Dynamic).

My car was due on saturday but the Service Advisor called me to say that another BHPian (Sathya) is in the service station to fix some rattlings and he had come from a long distance. I was absolutely ok to help a fellow BHPian and a Linean. Told Sairaj (service advisor) to depute Senthil who was attending my Car and i am ok to take the car on Monday ( Concorde had also given me a loaner car - Indica Diesel).

>>>>Sathya, did you see my car there (Vocal white) ?? Were they treating her with care ? You owe me a treat !!!

I will get my car tommorrow. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Hope the TASS does a neat Job.

Last edited by bnzjon : 23rd August 2009 at 21:22.
Closed Thread