Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th August 2009, 17:22   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Nice one.
Well i think Punter is the right word as most of the guys buying a punto had gambled against the popular perception of not buying a Fiat product due to its image in India.
Well, how about "FIATers" (fighters)for all FIAT owners? They have fought against the odds to embrace a so called sick man.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2009, 19:41   #32
BHPian

congrats on the punto dude!! nice choice of color!! i absolutely love everything about it except for the quality of the sound that comes out of its speakers!! my dad's just bought a fiesta (he chose the fiesta over the linea as we did'nt want 2 fiats in the household), i currently drive a 4 year old Santro Xing and am due to for a change early next year! Its definitely going to be the PUNTO!! just have a tough choice deciding on the color (its between the RED & BLUE), have a couple more months to ponder over it though!

Nevertheless, congratulations again, nice pics!!
raamki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2009, 20:21   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zincmetal View Post
@harry10
Yea definately I have gambled by going against everyone advise...I sincerely wish all of them are proved wrong in about 6 months time and Punto becomes a decent HIT if not a blockbuster..!

Vijay, Yea will remove the ribbons today....and take it for a ride...will update with reviews and FE after this weekend...
IMO you are in a win-win situation.
If Punto becomes a decent hit you win.
If it doesn't you still remain in a somewhat exclusive club - owner of italian beauties
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2009, 21:17   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
IMO you are in a win-win situation.
If Punto becomes a decent hit you win.
If it doesn't you still remain in a somewhat exclusive club - owner of italian beauties
even if punto doesnt become a decent hit you still win!! people are still so pessimistic about Fiat, even at a time when Fiat is planning on getting ferrari into India! well its always good to be a part of the exclusive club, trudge down the path never used! when i bought the Linea People were like 'its a Fiat', the company will close down etc etc. the same people in 2 Months change sides and now own a Punto and 3 Lineas! we fail to realise that fiat India is a 50:50 JV between fiat and tata. just as fiat depends on TATA for its sales in India, TATA has to depend on Fiat for the sales of its NANO worldwide. TATA has something more to lose than FIAT if FIAT in India Fails. plus the Multijet engine/ fire Engines are shared by both TATA and Fiat!
Sunilrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 09:10   #35
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Congrats on the buy.Pimp her well.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote