| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|5th August 2009, 16:09||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2008
Thanked: 6 Times
The Getz Saga
My hunt for the first car started long time back and I had almost zeroed it on the Indica V2. My priorities were set to a hatch with
1. Some space for all passengers.
2. Comforting ride.
and it should be diesel. I am an avid traveler and have recently just clocked 94 K kms on my pulsar (5 year old) before I got the Car. There were not many options to consider with a budget of <4.5 L (diesel) and that made Indica a better choice as I personally felt that 2 cars that fitted all perspective were an Indica and a Palio. But for a Palio I would have to shell out another 59 K in Bangalore. So made up my mind and went to Concorde motors in December 2008 and the Indica DLS (only DLE and DLS were available) was available for a steal 3.9 L OTR. I was thrilled but my wife wasn’t as she had just seen the new Indica Vista while entering the showroom which looked more like a personal car than a Taxi (well that was her reasoning)!
So back to the drawing board. A couple of months wait and it will see the entry of Ritz and Punto (speculative). Dropped the diesel factor as it would gave me a larger choice plus I wasn’t going to race with anyone either!
1. Alto: I LOVE this car. I had this car for 3 months and did 8k kms with 3 trips to Kerala and interior of Karnataka. But alas the space was a problem. I am 5’10 and 108 Kgs (in other words I am HUGE). How I wish Maruti added another 50mm in length to this car and I would have closed my eyes and grabbed it. That was not the case so had drop it.
2. A-Star: My first reaction was how did they even think of making something like this? Dropped straight away.
3. Zen Estilo: I am big fan of the old ZEN but this is a turnoff (personal view). Dropped.
4. Wagon R: I loved this car too and had to opt out as the stability was in question. Majority of my travel is going to be on the highways. Dropped.
5. Swift: Nothing beats this! Everything was good in this just that the rear passenger will have a stiff ride but as good things in life come at a cost I had to refrain. But I still liked it and it was a short list. And mind you its still a waiting period of 2 months for swift where as for ritz its 40 days.
6. Ritz: The new K10 engine was smooth as silk but was very disappointed with rear leg room and the boot. Frustrating times ahead. Shortlisted anyway.
7. Indica Vista: Straight away a short list. The 1.4 TDI was coming at 4.54 L OTR. The ride was even better than I expected and fact that I had read reviews on Team BHP gave me courage to look in to the not so tried and tested horse from TATA.
8. Santro: The dependable and was a practical car till I saw a santro ramming on to a tavera’s rear on Mysore road on 1 rainy weekend. I didn’t know what had caused the driver from not braking but you guys should have seen the sight. The front of the santro was completely dislocated. Not that I was going to play dashing cars but to be frank I was bit scared.
9. Punto was not there yet.
10. i10: Nice car again but space was a problem. Shortlisted anyway.
11. Getz: It assures and re-assures its stability and the built quality. Test drove a 1.3 GLS at Trident Hyundai on indira nagar 100 ft road which had already clocked 23k kms and not even a single rattling noise. But the sales guy wasn’t interested to sell anything to me probably thinking that I wasn’t serious and asked me if I was there before. Well it was their loss. The next day I walked in to Advaith on Residency road and there was this guy called Manju who was following up since the time I had enquired about i10 some 4 months back. Test drove the CRDI and boy it felt like a rocket. At 5.88 L OTR I was bruised. There was no 1.1 version available for a test drive but hey I have driven the santro. Additional 6 horses and 150 Kgs was the bargain for 12,000 monies that comes with lots of space and safety.(Santro was 4.12 L GLS OTR and 1.1 GLE was 4.24 L OTR)
Now was back at home and had to write the script which fitted the climax. For the space that was given to all the passengers plus boot it was the getzy winner. Ride comfort: I think the Getz was growing on to me and it got the maximum marks. Practicality: Getz again lots of storage space, rear seats can fold 60:40 plus the entire rear seat can be folded, Rear seat has 3 inclination settings, has a complete sedan feeling and the dead pedal which is a boon in highway driving. I must thank sjcherian and Krish82 for confirming my notion about the Getz. Sj’s review gave lot of confidence on the build factor of Getz and Krish reconfirming that the 1.1 can live up to the expectations.
So? I walked in to Advaith, paid the down payment and I was thrilled when I got to know that I could take the delivery of the car on 29th June. Religiously went through the PDC drafted here on the Team BHP site, came up with minor issues which were rectified immediately. Took the keys and was off. Little that I realized that the first thing I normally do once I am inside the car was to wear my seat belt but that day was very different and emotional.
That was the better part, now for not so good part.
• One would need some time to get adjusted to the view because the pillars create huge blind spots.
• The rear view mirrors doesn’t exactly give you a bigger picture of the traffic behind you
• The beige interiors can get dirty very easily.
• Stock headlights needs upgrade.
Price: Rs. 4, 24,143 L on Road (359,000 ex showroom plus 12,753 Insurance plus 47,390 Road tax and 5000 handling charges.) Additionally I paid Rs. 3025 for 3rd year warranty and Rs 14,000 for a Panasonic HU and 4 JBL speakers (2 of them are component speakers fitted in the front doors)
My current ODO reads 1626 Kms, got my first servicing done at 1325 when the fuel indicator turned on so assuming that it would only have 5 lts as reserve I would have fed it with 88 lts of fuel which returned me a millage of little more than 15 km/ltr (this is inclusive of 1065 kms that I have travelled through Bangalore – Guruvayoor – Bangalore with 100% AC) and my upcoming trips are to ooty this weekend, kannur during next weekend and Trivandrum during 1 st week of sept for Onam.
Experience: Its priceless!
|5th August 2009, 16:32||#2|
Join Date: Apr 2007
Thanked: 4,680 Times
Any new car thread is incomplete without pics !!! Please do the needful
Congrats and drive safe
|5th August 2009, 21:35||#5|
Join Date: Jul 2009
Thanked: 2 Times
Congrats Sunil. I have always been a great fan of Getz, but ended up buying a spark becuase of budget. Though I enjoy my sparky, I still have eyes on Getz whenever one passes by. Dont know why.
No hard feelings. But I like Black or Red on Getz.
|5th August 2009, 23:27||#6|
Join Date: Sep 2007
Thanked: 3 Times
Congrats great choice! Pics dont do justice to the colour of the car,It looks way 2 good in that shade.Planning to upgrade her with new shoes?
|6th August 2009, 00:02||#7|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Noida / Delhi
Thanked: 17 Times
COngrats sunil !!! Getz is indeed a good spacious car! And now with the 1.1 its priced sensibly too!
And about this color, its very glittery in the sun isn't it! ... Awesome
Congrats and safe driving!
|6th August 2009, 13:07||#8|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Dec 2006
Thanked: 40 Times
Nice color mate.Its crying for alloys & do paint the ORVM's and door handles,those looks good.
How abt adding fog lamps while upgrading to rally bulbs.
At the end,fix a spoiler to it.
|6th August 2009, 13:14||#9|
Join Date: Sep 2004
Thanked: 5 Times
I always thought Getz had a horrible looking Wooden Center Console. But the black console looks much better. Since when Hyundai changed the Wooden console to the black one?
sunil.nv, Thats a nice looking spacious car you have got. Drive Safe and Enjoy.
|6th August 2009, 13:48||#10|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Thanked: 24 Times
Congrats Sunil, good choice, and since you are big made (Myself too) Getz will suit you the best. How is the AC performence and FE on the 1.1 Getz?
|6th August 2009, 13:49||#11|
Join Date: Feb 2009
Thanked: 10 Times
sunil congrats on your purchase,nothing beats getz on space and price on offer.But what confuses me is that this model is available over here for 395000/- and you paid more over there, why?May be tax is higher there.
|6th August 2009, 15:54||#13|
Join Date: Dec 2007
Thanked: 7 Times
Congrats dude. You got a good looker there....wish you many happy miles with it, with the seat belt fastened of course
|6th August 2009, 16:07||#14|
Join Date: Aug 2006
Thanked: 20 Times
congrats, Is Hyundia going to stop selling Getz Crdi?
there are no price details and specification details mentioned in Hyundia india website?
I feel many are looking at going for Getz Crdi after looking at the price of i20 Crdi, this is an advantage for Getz but looks like they are planning to stop the production.
|6th August 2009, 17:24||#15|
Join Date: Apr 2007
Thanked: 15 Times
Congrats on buying the GETZ.
I loved the centre console in black. If I get my GETZ Crdi; then I will ask them to change the wooden centre console to this black one. Does a world of difference to the looks of the car. I hate the fake wooden console.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|My DIY Beetle Restoration Saga||71Convertible||Post-War||100||5th December 2016 21:24|
|My Used Cars Saga||ramzsys||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||34||8th July 2010 20:08|
|Milk Spill Woes- a tragic saga||ascertain||Shifting gears||43||3rd May 2009 11:10|
|The SAGA of Low_Bass_Makker||low_bass_makker||In-Car Entertainment||1400||5th January 2009 01:32|
|Saga Of Palio 1.6 Breakdown||eclectix 1st||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||151||27th May 2008 11:36|