Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th July 2011, 15:58   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Booked i20 ASTA CRDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogweelz View Post
Hi Guys,

God I am excited when I say, "Booked i20 Asta CRDi in Black" yesterday.

My dealers are MGF Hyundai at Padivattom, Kochi. Highlights:

1. Paid 10K booking

2. 45 days+ delivery is really excruciating but its worth the wait. White is just a week away.

3. No Offers/Goodies/discounts. The rep said he might be able to bless me with a reverse sensor. I recently came to know that the 'Anti-corrosion' would be a better bargain and will take it on as delivery nears.

4. There is Bluetooth connectivity now coming at no extra costs (Sportz and above)which was not there when I did a TD 2.5 weeks back. NOW we are even with Punto features.

Now that I have decided its something like the forces of nature conspiring to put doubts into my head which I am not happy about. The following comments came from ppl who knew I was planning on i20 but its only now (that i have booked)they put on their thinking caps and came up with following godly suggestions:

1. 14'' alloys is too less for a 1.4 90ps

2. Punto has got FPS(fire prevention system) instilled even to their uphoolestry which means FIAT is 'safer' buy.

3. The Punto has a 1.3 producing 90ps which means assured 18-23 kmpl on an average whereas for i20 the maths is between 15-20 kmpl.

4. The footwell of Punto is deeper and the gears wont shift untill you floor the clutches which means no need to pull back you seats compromising the rear leg-room.

5. The winds are changing for FIAT. FIAT A.S.S has taken the 2nd rung of the JD Power survey ladder in customer satisfaction.(Maruti tops JD customer satisfaction study; Fiat takes second! | Indian Car and Bike Blog).

6. Punto is loaded with offers like Rs.6500 diesel voucher, 2yr extended warranty and the 'Buy Diesel @ Price of Petrol'.

7. Waiting period is a puny 4-5 days.

I wont be changing my mind but i would like to give some answers for these doubt-harvesters.
Hearty congratulations on booking the classy car. Can you also provide the cost breakup in the quotation? I believe the Asta CRDi is one of the higher priced premium hatches around.

Are you sure that you want to answer the doubt harvesters? At least rephrase your post in that case
The way you've written it, I personally feel the points suggest to go for the Punto! As a matter of fact, I agree with most of them.

But cabin space I think is where the i20 wins hands down.

Last edited by Reinhard : 26th July 2011 at 16:00.
Reinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 17:06   #32
BHPian

Hey thanks Reinhard.

Yes the breakup goes like this:

Ex-showroom (Kochi): 708994
Insurance: 17201
Road Tax + Regn charges: 45290
Extented warranty (2 yr): 8500
Total: 779985

As far as the 'Doubt Harvesters' go I am still combing every comaprison page on Punto Vs 120.
cogweelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 19:19   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks Reinhard.

Yes the breakup goes like this:

Ex-showroom (Kochi): 708994
Insurance: 17201
Road Tax + Regn charges: 45290
Extented warranty (2 yr): 8500
Total: 779985

As far as the 'Doubt Harvesters' go I am still combing every comaprison page on Punto Vs 120.
Thanks for the breakup Cogweelz!
Extended warranty - 8500 feels a bit high. Do check the details and what parts are covered.

As for the doubt harvesters, the prime answer should be, its the car I'm going to own and drive, so what I "like" overall matters the most. Not the comparisons on paper Good luck and wish you a speedy car delivery mate.
Old 31st July 2011, 10:43   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Thanks for the breakup Cogweelz!
Extended warranty - 8500 feels a bit high. Do check the details and what parts are covered.

The rep told that everything (but, he did not enumerate on the parts specifically ) that is covered under the basic warranty will be taken care in the extended too. I will get him to tell me the exempted parts if any before taking the decision @ PDI. Thanks Reinhard for provoking the thought.

There has been a shocking update. The Hyundai has reverted back to 5 speed gear box in new i20. I am all irky about this. The guy at showroom just called up and shared this info and said my block will have 5 speed. My apprehensions are:

1. Will the new gear ratio be satisfactory for city/highways.

2. Hyundai was all bells and whistle about their 6-speed and this sudden turn-around is making them look uncertain.

3. The billion dollar question , "Will the mileage be affected?". All my fingers crossed; this should not happen Hyundai.

4. Now that this downgrade, my VFM is affected or not.

Please throw some light on the above folks.
cogweelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 20:12   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The rep told that everything (but, he did not enumerate on the parts specifically ) that is covered under the basic warranty will be taken care in the extended too. I will get him to tell me the exempted parts if any before taking the decision @ PDI. Thanks Reinhard for provoking the thought.

There has been a shocking update. The Hyundai has reverted back to 5 speed gear box in new i20. I am all irky about this. The guy at showroom just called up and shared this info and said my block will have 5 speed. My apprehensions are:

1. Will the new gear ratio be satisfactory for city/highways.

2. Hyundai was all bells and whistle about their 6-speed and this sudden turn-around is making them look uncertain.

3. The billion dollar question , "Will the mileage be affected?". All my fingers crossed; this should not happen Hyundai.

4. Now that this downgrade, my VFM is affected or not.

Please throw some light on the above folks.
Whatever with the gear ratios, mileage will probably be affected for sure, on the highways. I don't think there will be any big difference in normal runs. But the 6th gear was a real good feature and its sad that the cost cutting axe fell on it! On the highways it really was a boon and also made the car real smooth!

Are you saying the cost remains same and the overdrive 6th gear is gone? Well then of course it affects your VFM front. Damn sad to hear the news though :(