Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd September 2009, 10:28   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achinthg View Post
My wife noticed black smoke coming from my car. Is it normal for CRDI cars to emit black smoke?
If I throttle hard at stationary (neutral gear), I can hardly see any smoke. However, when we do the same throttle in first and second gear (and probably in all gears), I see a trail of black smoke. I have seen when my wife drove and she had seen when I drove away from her. I'm however fine as long as it gives so much mileage (meaning, burning is still efficient).

I have a couple of times tried to follow a few Lineas to observe the smoke pattern if it keeps continuing all along the drive, it does not. Only occasionally I can see it.
opendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 15:33   #182
Senior - BHPian

achinthg
Can you help me out to getting Insurance for my anna's New Punto and for my Linea for next year.

Here Bajaj Alliainz asked rs.16500 for IDV Rs.565098.

But by your help,SHARATH IDV is 100% of ex showroom price, i.e., 8,37,612. Its exactly 15,780/- including passenger cover with Bajaj allianz with help of you

Please help me out.It's very urgent.
Just call your guy and ask him some Chennai contact to avail the insurance.PM me
aks_karthik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 13:27   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
achinthg
Can you help me out to getting Insurance for my anna's New Punto and for my Linea for next year.

But by your help,SHARATH IDV is 100% of ex showroom price, i.e., 8,37,612. Its exactly 15,780/- including passenger cover with Bajaj allianz with help of you

Just call your guy and ask him some Chennai contact to avail the insurance.PM me
Try filing out their online form. You generally get a pretty good quote. What I do is show it to my agent and ask him to match/better it.
Pragmites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 16:42   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
achinthg

Sorry about the late reply but I was on vacation last 2 weeks (my daughter had Dasara holidays) and we had been to Ooty and Mysore. Let me know if you still need any help. I called their tollfree number and 16000 was the price quoted.
achinthg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 16:47   #185
BHPian

Guys, I am back from my vacation. I had been to Ooty for a week and also Mysore. Linea was superb on all kinds of road. Bangalore to Mysore got a mileage of 20 kms. From there the road is not as good and also had to travel up the hill through 36 hairpin bends - so the mileage fell to 16 kms. Some of the bends I had to shift to first gear. Journey was superb comfy !!! Will post photos soon !!!
Old 7th October 2009, 16:52   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry about the late reply but I was on vacation last 2 weeks (my daughter had Dasara holidays) and we had been to Ooty and Mysore. Let me know if you still need any help. I called their tollfree number and 16000 was the price quoted.
hey thanx,
we settled with 14000+ for my anna's Punto.
I have to renew my insurance by coming march.
that time i need your help to get a good quote
Thanx Again.
aks_karthik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 17:49   #187
BHPian

I got a call from JD Power before I left for my vacation for the customer satisfaction survey. I gave Prerana Motors good ratings in most of the areas except delivery and technical knowledge. This was because my car was not cleaned properly on day of delivery and the sales guy was not able to answer all my questions properly when I took the first TD.

Overall I am pretty happy with Prerana - not as bad as I had imagined after reading some threads !!!
Old 10th October 2009, 23:24   #188
BHPian

Today I found a ball point pen ink mark on my leather seat cover. I tried to remove it using soap water and also shampoo but no luck. Please let me know what I should use to remove these marks.
Old 12th October 2009, 11:04   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Today I found a ball point pen ink mark on my leather seat cover. I tried to remove it using soap water and also shampoo but no luck. Please let me know what I should use to remove these marks.
Try spraying some glass cleaner, such as Vista. And wipe after about 5 mins. This spray generally spreads ball point pen ink on paper like regular fountain pen ink.
opendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2009, 20:48   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Try spraying some glass cleaner, such as Vista. And wipe after about 5 mins. This spray generally spreads ball point pen ink on paper like regular fountain pen ink.
I tried with Colin but it didnt work. Not heard of Vista. Has it worked for you? Can you tell me where I can get it?
Old 15th October 2009, 20:27   #191
BHPian

Quote:
I tried with Colin but it didnt work. Not heard of Vista. Has it worked for you? Can you tell me where I can get it?
I have used the upholstery cleaner from Vista(picked from Shell outlets)and it works fine. Infact I had my pant belt marks on the driver's seat and I used this cleaner and it does a good job.
kodivasanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:08   #192
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Default Fiat TD experience

I wanted a TD of the Fiat Linea eagerly. Here is the sequence of events which will give you an indication why Fiat still needs to learn soooo much( or maybe Tata)
1. I had given my details online 2-3 times to take the TD around 5 months back. Never heard back from them EVER.( i did the same to honda and maruti and the record was maruti response, 2 hours flat...honda in 2 days)
2. I finally cwent to Prerna motors sunday evening at 4:30PM, and what do i see- CLOSED. Just 2 kms away the maruti and hyundai were open till 7:30PM the same day...
3. Finally i called them up and asked for a TD. I specifically asked for a Linea Petrol
What was i told- car is not avail, will call you back! Wow!
Got a call back- NO.
Called them again the next day, was told - car still not there
Got a call back the 2nd day and the person came
I saw the car, excited to take the TD, opened the door and....
Just did not feel like getting in it. DIRTY...it had kilos of dust on the floor and all black on the doors...i was shocked!
On top of it, the car that came was the Diesel version
Well...since had waited, got myself in and took the TD
TD results as already posted by all- fantastic drive and quality of the product by Fiat
The guy happily left telling me he will get the petrol soon, did not give his card, no feedback taken, nothing...talk about expecting the customer to buy
Till date- over 10 days gone, no reply. I called up 2 times in between and the car is still on the way
Man- if i was in the Quality/Cust service dept, would work day and night to turn this thing around and get my product close to the City on sales numbers( cause i think it deserves it)
WIth this- wonder why people are STILL scared to take a FIAT???
This maybe just my experience, and maybe just in bangalore, but i have never had the same with any other manufacturer...( the maruti guy had to be TOLD not to call for follow up in these days..talk about customer follow up!!!)
Someone in FIAT- Wake up and take action...!!!
MODS_ not sure if this should be in another new thread or if there is a thread around this topic, please direct me in case this should be posted elsewhere or moved.

Last edited by mkh : 22nd October 2009 at 16:22.
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 17:22   #193
Senior - BHPian

Unhappy Wake Up Fiat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
I wanted a TD of the Fiat Linea eagerly. Here is the sequence of events which will give you an indication why Fiat still needs to learn soooo much( or maybe Tata)
Someone in FIAT- Wake up and take action...!!!
MODS_ not sure if this should be in another new thread or if there is a thread around this topic, please direct me in case this should be posted elsewhere or moved.
Sorry for hijaking thread

even though i try to recomond FIAT in my office, very moment they say "FIAT is a best car in the segment, we are worried about service and response. We drove it we loved it but service is the issue"

Couple of them got i10 and i20.

Another collegue was not even ready to consider FIAT. I told "how about Punto". his answer was simple "FIAT..? no no. service problem. i want Swift or RITZ. No FIAT"
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 19:41   #194
BHPian

What I have observed with most dealership is that they do not respond well to online TD request or over phone. A visit to showroom is the best to get a TD.

I have had a good experience with Prerana. I would request you to contact Mr.Ashok directly. I can PM you his number if interested.
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:32   #195
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What I have observed with most dealership is that they do not respond well to online TD request or over phone. A visit to showroom is the best to get a TD.

I have had a good experience with Prerana. I would request you to contact Mr.Ashok directly. I can PM you his number if interested.
Thanks, please do that. Weird that they do not care about online inquiries- wonder why do they spend so much money on the online ads and website forms when they are not able to support the hits/inquiries!!!
I guess they can better use that money to reduce the car cost( as less advtg budget!)
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote