Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 23rd October 2009, 12:44   #196
BHPian

mkh, it would be better you leave a feedback at the Fiat site alongwith the names of concerned people who promised but didn't deliver. I did this and was the results were pretty fast. In most cases, the guys handling the TD car take it and keep roaming around the countryside. I have seen lots of TD cars (Maruti, Chevy, Hyundai etc) parked in front of coffee shops or restaurants. Hope this helps.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 00:03   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Thanks, please do that. Weird that they do not care about online inquiries- wonder why do they spend so much money on the online ads and website forms when they are not able to support the hits/inquiries!!!
I guess they can better use that money to reduce the car cost( as less advtg budget!)
There are many people who ask for TD without actually being interested in buying the car. From experience the dealers know that this kind of people usually do it the easier way - phones and internet. The really interested ones actually go to the dealer and enquire.
achinthg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2009, 18:40   #198
BHPian

Thanks Opendro and Kodivasanth,

I got the Vista cleaner from Shell outlet and finally got the ball point pen marks removed from my leather seats.
Old 1st November 2009, 07:24   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achinthg View Post
Thanks Opendro and Kodivasanth,

I got the Vista cleaner from Shell outlet and finally got the ball point pen marks removed from my leather seats.
The pleasure is mine.
kodivasanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 00:00   #200
MDe
BHPian

Achinthg, I went through your entire thread and I get a reassuring feeling that Linea MJD is a good car. A lot of other threads do give an impression of lack of power in the city, but I believe with proper clutch and throttle management, that shouldnt be an issue. Btw, how much FE are you getting from the car now (AC/Non AC, City/Highway)?
MDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 00:23   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
Achinthg, I went through your entire thread and I get a reassuring feeling that Linea MJD is a good car. A lot of other threads do give an impression of lack of power in the city, but I believe with proper clutch and throttle management, that shouldnt be an issue. Btw, how much FE are you getting from the car now (AC/Non AC, City/Highway)?
I have not faced any problems with my car so far. Car is very good and I had been to Ooty and back in 4.5 hours without any strain. You always feel like taking the car out of long drives. Also I have not faced any issues with TASS in Bangalore and not as bad as it is made out to be.

I am getting currently 11kmpl in city and 20kmpl in highway. In city I drive in completely bad traffic for nearly 20kms (at 20mph or less speed) so I don't know if I should expect more. All mileages are with AC. I have not driven the car without AC.

As for the pickup, petrol car certainly had an issue in the TD car I drove. Maybe even there if you get adjusted to the long clutch and throttle you may not feel it (I cannot guarantee though). In diesel there is no pickup problem at all and I don't think it underpowered as well. Initially on startup till engine gets warmed up I believe all diesel engines will have less pickup. You will find it a problem only if you need to climb uphill immediately after you start.

Currently engine noise is a bit on the higher side. You will hear it is AC fan is very low and there is no music from the ICE. As per other member reviews it should get reduced after the first service. I have also talked to TASS about it and they have told me they can run a completed computer test on the car to check if there is any problem during my first service (around Nov 17).

Hope this helps and let me know if you need any other info.

Last edited by achinthg : 6th November 2009 at 00:29.
Old 7th November 2009, 00:11   #202
MDe
BHPian

Thanks Achinth for all the information. All the best for the first service! The FE should also see some improvement post the first service. From what I have heard of blore traffic, I believe thats the best FE you can get out of your car.
Anyway, I have visited 2 Tata-Fiat dealers in Hyderabad and both of them failed to provide a TD of the car. I could only see the car and check the details for myself but got lame excuses like all drivers are busy or it will take 30 mins to arrange for a TD. I really want to try it first hand and check the power of the car.

I will postpone the TD for sometime as I recently tried an Optra Magnum which is a road rocket and I do not want to go for a Linea TD with that in mind.
MDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 15:50   #203
BHPian

Friends...
I dunno if u r aware but I went to the dealer today for a small but persistent noise in my suspension. I have been informed that a particular batch of cars had issues with the ARBs and these are being addressed FOC by Fiat. Have just gotten mine attended to. Secondly the chrome garnish on the rear quarter glass sill tends to fall of on most Lineas (Emotion). This too was acknowledged by the dealer in Mumbai and it was agreed to be replaced under warranty. However, due to lack of supply this has been pending. Intend to get it done now in Ahmedabad
arethusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 18:15   #204
BHPian

arethusa, as has been reported in various posts, it appears, these problems have been licked in Lineas produced after May 09.
Old 7th November 2009, 21:34   #205
UKR
BHPian

Default Linea: Noise from front suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by arethusa View Post
Friends...
I dunno if u r aware but I went to the dealer today for a small but persistent noise in my suspension. I have been informed that a particular batch of cars had issues with the ARBs and these are being addressed FOC by Fiat. Have just gotten mine attended to. Secondly the chrome garnish on the rear quarter glass sill tends to fall of on most Lineas (Emotion). This too was acknowledged by the dealer in Mumbai and it was agreed to be replaced under warranty. However, due to lack of supply this has been pending. Intend to get it done now in Ahmedabad
Arethusa,

Could you please tell us what kind of noise you experienced and were any parts replaced to rectify this. Pardon my ignorance but what is an ARB?

The front left suspension on my Linea produces a squeaking noise when going over speed breakers. But the right side doesn't make this sound. The noise is similar to the one produced when air is forced out of a cylinder through a small hole/opening. Also when travelling over uneven roads, it feels as if the front suspension is having a lot of play i.e. it is moving up and down without any cushioning effect. I am not sure if this is some defect or not?

For the chrome strips, I thought it would be better to take some preventive steps, so pulled it out and refixed it using silicone sealant. Now it stays there no matter what.
UKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 22:10   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
arethusa, as has been reported in various posts, it appears, these problems have been licked in Lineas produced after May 09.
Mine is a july 09 manufactured. I still have the seat height adjuster problem. Waiting for the spare to reach the service center.
kodivasanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 13:59   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKR View Post
Arethusa,

Could you please tell us what kind of noise you experienced and were any parts replaced to rectify this. Pardon my ignorance but what is an ARB?

The front left suspension on my Linea produces a squeaking noise when going over speed breakers. But the right side doesn't make this sound. The noise is similar to the one produced when air is forced out of a cylinder through a small hole/opening. Also when travelling over uneven roads, it feels as if the front suspension is having a lot of play i.e. it is moving up and down without any cushioning effect. I am not sure if this is some defect or not?

For the chrome strips, I thought it would be better to take some preventive steps, so pulled it out and refixed it using silicone sealant. Now it stays there no matter what.
ARB is Anti Roll Bars...I believe some problem with the linkages...From what u tell me i think its the same problem! It wouldnt hurt to have it checked. The chrome strip has been replaced FOC courtesy Fiat. Secondly as per a recent conversation i had with one of the works guys, some cars (about 10 to be precise) have complained of the ABS light coming on erratically. This has been attributed to a lose connection in the electricals particularlyin the front left wheel.
arethusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 21:05   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodivasanth View Post
Mine is a july 09 manufactured. I still have the seat height adjuster problem. Waiting for the spare to reach the service center.
Thats strange Kodai, mine is Jun manufactured and there is no problem with height adjustment.
Old 9th November 2009, 23:04   #209
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
ARB is Anti Roll Bars...I believe some problem with the linkages...From what u tell me i think its the same problem! It wouldnt hurt to have it checked. The chrome strip has been replaced FOC courtesy Fiat. Secondly as per a recent conversation i had with one of the works guys, some cars (about 10 to be precise) have complained of the ABS light coming on erratically. This has been attributed to a lose connection in the electricals particularlyin the front left wheel.
Ok cool so another visit.
UKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 20:21   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Friends...
Which batch of cars have this problem?