Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd December 2009, 19:49   #241
BHPian

Superflier, Congratulations and welcome to the Linea Club. My Flamenco Red Linea is 14 days older than yours and just been through first service as well! Except that I have the petrol. I quite understand your feeling of exhilaration. Happy Linea-ing!
Pragmites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 20:43   #242

Thank you Firstguri, J Ravi and Pragmites for the wishes. Seriously if the guy hadn't met me I would have really gone for something and later would have regretted after looking at Linea. The guy should be blessed I would say ...

As advised , I will check other posts and comments on suitable sunscreens. In the mean time happy motoring guys and keep writing. Will be back soon with some more review after I take her out of town this weekend..
superlifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 12:05   #243
BHPian

Congrats on the buy, Superlifer - for the sunfilms I have used 3M and I am pretty happy with the performance. V-kool is too expensive but the best !!!
achinthg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 12:25   #244
BANNED

superlifer, congrats on your italian beauty.Once you look it nothing else comes closer to it.Please start your own ownership thread and do post some exiting pictures as well.Happy motering.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 11:45   #245
BHPian

Had been very busy with work. Just a quick update - after the first service the mileage has increased from 11 kmpl to 13.5 kmpl in city with AC 100%. This is great mileage !!! I have not been on any long drives after the first service so cannot give the highway mileage but I am sure it will be more than 20 kmpl which I was getting before.
Old 2nd February 2010, 18:14   #246
Senior - BHPian

welcome back mate!. good to see your mileage has increased. enjoy!!
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 20:33   #247
BHPian

My petrol Linea is giving me a decent 13.5 KMPL in the city and 18.5 KMPL on highway after it's first service. Just to be sure I fueled up the car with just Rs. 500/- (i.e. 10.21 ltrs approx) when the car had sufficient fuel for me to pull it to a fuel pump.

This quantity roughly lasted for about 130-140 Kms (Trip Reading) in the city. Which in a way complements the Average Consumption reading of 13.5KMPL which I guess is pretty accurate.

Next time around I topped it again with Rs. 500/- fuel and drove it on the Mumbai-Pune highway. Sure enough it gave me a reading of 18.5 KMPL with a housefull of passengers in it.

Is anyone getting a better reading for a Petrol Linea?

P.S: On the highway my average speed was 58 KMPH. In the city it was 22 KMPH Both trip readings were with intermittent use of A/C
inreverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 20:55   #248
BHPian

Mine is a petrol Linea.

I get an average (as per MID) of
10.0 in Chennai city during morning (9 am) and evening (6 pm) peak traffic;
13.5 while commuting to office around 12 noon and returning around 11pm
and 18.0 in highways (Chennai-pondy and Chennai-yelagiri)

The above figures are with 100 pct AC on.
bnzjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 22:52   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is anyone getting a better reading for a Petrol Linea?

mine is a petrol linea. you cant beat my record. see my thread page 42
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ervice-42.html
Old 3rd February 2010, 12:57   #250
BHPian

Mine is the diesel one. I am getting 12 in city and 19.5 in highway.

Does the diesel and petrol mileage is almost same?

Thanks.
Nag
vnagarajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 07:22   #251
BHPian

13.5 kmpl in a petrol is great !!! But it will depend from city to city I guess. Bangalore has so many speed breakers, signals and road junctions it is impossible to get that kind of mileage here. My Santro has been giving me only 11-12 kmpl with 100% AC on for the last 7 years.
Old 5th February 2010, 16:59   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
mine is a petrol linea. you cant beat my record. see my thread page 42
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ervice-42.html

Some great fuel readings you've got there! Must admit...! What fuel did you put to get a better mileage? I always put unleaded fuel and usually avoid filling high octanes.
Old 5th February 2010, 17:11   #253
BHPian

This is somewhat a testimony that FIAT is no longer a gas guzzler. Anyone planning on a TJET?

I will surely pounce on a test drive and check out the engine performance and FE. Maybe next year... TJET
Old 5th February 2010, 17:17   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achinthg View Post
13.5 kmpl in a petrol is great !!! But it will depend from city to city I guess. Bangalore has so many speed breakers, signals and road junctions it is impossible to get that kind of mileage here. My Santro has been giving me only 11-12 kmpl with 100% AC on for the last 7 years.
Any metro or sub-metro has the same traffic irregularities mainly because of erratic driving habits of Auto-walas and cabbies. Well Pune has been revived (in someway), the municipalty over here has banned speed breakers and have eventually removed 80% speed humps in the city. This can be seen in my FE. Linea is the only petrol car I have and it's got all my diesels parked for now

God loves Bangalore, that's why he gifted you all the worlds traffic
Old 5th February 2010, 22:48   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some great fuel readings you've got there! Must admit...! What fuel did you put to get a better mileage? I always put unleaded fuel and usually avoid filling high octanes
I put normal unleaded petrol from BP