Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 31st August 2009, 09:13   #106
Senior - BHPian

Hi Achinth,

The car looks very cool in that climate.
In the snaps,The color is very different and more likable than the original color

CS20 is very dark.how can you manage night driving.
One of the photo showed how dark CS20 is.unable to see the backside even in day light.it will be worsen without sunlight.
But cool tint for Flemengo Red color.
what is the FE?
aks_karthik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 12:40   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
2. Nitrogen will have no affect on GC! But c'mon, you dont need an Einstein's brain to figure that out, but no offence meant.
I remember reading somewhere in the forum that nitrogen improves GC - maybe I read it wrong or confused it to improving tyre noise.

Quote:
4. I read once in Autocar India that the best way to negotiate a speedbreaker is to slow down before and then accelerate over it. This
I seemed to have mastered going over speedbreakers in the Linea. I hit it now only in case of a very very bad one. But will surely try your suggestion as well.

Quote:
Actually the vents are pretty old school with no volume control and vents do shut tight, but air leaks from around the vents and not through them.
Yes, it is coming around the wents. I don't like the Linea vents. The Ford and Swift/SX4 ones are much better looking and more effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
I am coming to bangalore on sept 3-6 is there any possibility that i can place a order for seats at karlsson and get it fitted there within that time?. kindly mail me the contact info of karlsson
Karlsson does only one car per day and you usually need to book a week in advance. I have PMed you Karlsson's contact details. Please call and check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
CS20 is very dark.how can you manage night driving.
One of the photo showed how dark CS20 is.unable to see the backside even in day light.it will be worsen without sunlight.
what is the FE?
CS20 not that dark from the inside as it is from outside. I checked a couple of cars before deciding. Regarding FE - trip A when I took delivery of the car was showing around 8kmpl (speed: 15kmph) but after the Mysore trip it had become around 12kmpl (20kmph).
Note: Trip A has been never reset and its distance is same as that of the odometer.
achinthg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 13:01   #108
BHPian

Guys,
Today morning when I left my car at Karlsson, I observed that both the front alloys was completely covered by black dust. The rear ones were fine. Anyone seen this issue in your cars? Is this normal or do I need to visit TASS?
Old 31st August 2009, 13:14   #109
BHPian

That is 200% normal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by achinthg View Post
Guys,
Today morning when I left my car at Karlsson, I observed that both the front alloys was completely covered by black dust. The rear ones were fine. Anyone seen this issue in your cars? Is this normal or do I need to visit TASS?
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 13:43   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
That's the brake dust. It comes from the wearing out of the disc pads. The rear has got drum brakes and so you see the dust only on the front wheels. This is normal and even we see that on our front wheel covers.
firstguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 14:45   #111
BHPian

Just visited Fiat's site and here's what they had to say about the:

Double Crank Prevention System

A unique engine guard system which
prevents re cranking of the engine when
already on.
Old 31st August 2009, 15:05   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It happens to me each day and i grumble to wipe the black oiled dust from alloys everyday. so it is 200% normal
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 15:57   #113
BHPian

Thanks everyone for confirming that black dust on front alloys is common. One more question:

I was just checking the manufacture dates of my car tyres. I have a Dec 08, Feb 09, Mar 09 and Mar 09 for the 4 tyres and May 09 for the spare.

Is it normal for manufacturers to put tyres of different months into a car?
Old 31st August 2009, 16:10   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was just checking the manufacture dates of my car tyres. I have a Dec 08, Feb 09, Mar 09 and Mar 09 for the 4 tyres and May 09 for the spare.

Is it normal for manufacturers to put tyres of different months into a car?
Now this is not 200% normal
In my Linea all tyres are april 09 including the spare tyre which i checked last week before my long drive.

Why would it be that one tyre is some month and other some month, dont know whether other Linea owners have it but mine all are same.
Didnt you do PDI properly? Tyre mfg checking is a part of it.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 16:29   #115
BHPian

You guys are still better off. Our April Linea carries all Sep' 08 tyres, though the spare's newer, I think around Feb' or March.
Old 31st August 2009, 16:34   #116
Senior - BHPian

Guys how do you check the manufacturing date of the tyre?. i knew i checked it in my PDI but forgot after that.
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 16:38   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Guys how do you check the manufacturing date of the tyre?. i knew i checked it in my PDI but forgot after that.
Simple, it's stamped on the tyre sidewall.
Old 1st September 2009, 19:28   #118
BHPian

Got the leather seats done. Will be posting photos soon...

Got a question, is the rear middle seat headrest fixed in the Linea?
Old 1st September 2009, 20:45   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Got the leather seats done. Will be posting photos soon...

Got a question, is the rear middle seat headrest fixed in the Linea?
No its not. it's the same as other headrests. None of them come out completely. To take them out you have to insert a pin in a pin hole in one of the plastic pieces (I dunno what they're called) on the seats on which the headrest's pins go.
Old 1st September 2009, 21:43   #120
BHPian

Quote:
No its not. it's the same as other headrests. None of them come out completely. To take them out you have to insert a pin in a pin hole in one of the plastic pieces (I dunno what they're called) on the seats on which the headrest's pins go.
I am unable to lift the middle headrest by pulling it up like I am able to do for the other two. I don't know if it was like that before I fitted the leather or after !!!