Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 1st September 2009, 20:16   #16

Congratulations!!!! it is looking very nice. Thanks for the detailed review. People will be benifited, who are looking for 'C' segment car.
irphan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 23:47   #17

I've been driving this car for about a month now and had the following to say:

i) I am very impressed by two things in the car. The engine is very smooth, offers a very flat torque curve. This directly translates to less jerks when you move. The suspensions are really very good - and I am comparing with Honda City, Hyundai Verna here. My wife was pregnant and would feel every bump on the road. She was very happy with the way the shocks performed on this car.

ii) I get a mileage of 10kmpl on very bad Bangalore traffic, with AC on for about 60% of the time. The routes I take are so dense and infested with road humps that even third gear is a luxury.

iii) The interiors are very cozy.

iv) The Hydraulic Power Steering offers a very stable feel, and you grow to like its consistency.

v) The car is very well insulated wrt noise.

vi) The pick up below 2000 rpm on lower gears with AC on is low. I've gotten used to this. But the engine does not rattle at even low speeds unlike other cars.

vii) The dashboard reflects quite a lot onto the windscreen.

viii) The ground clearance is also such a relief. Most other cars scrape the humps while this car cruises through.

Overall, as a few others mentioned, this car is designed for the driver who seeks a simple, comfortable drive - the smooth engine, well insulated interior, and very good suspensions make you less angry for being on the road.
bharath_kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 09:03   #18
BANNED

Good review bharath_kumar

i have made up my mind to buy a Fiesta SXI premium in Jan 2010, i have just gone yesterday for some shopping, when a thought stuck my mind that lets test aveo 1.4 LT for once as i have not seen this vehicle in blood and flesh,

i had made my decision of fiesta after going through ANHC, Festa, SX4 and Manza

but now i am completely confused, as the aveo is a complete master piece when it comes to interiors and exteriors , the only problem is that i am 6'3" tall and left leg is touching the dash board, and my all family members being tall, i don't find enough keg space, but i do not want to leave this beautiful car just because of this.
ruchirtnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 09:59   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Good review bharath_kumar

i have made up my mind to buy a Fiesta SXI premium in Jan 2010, i have just gone yesterday for some shopping, when a thought stuck my mind that lets test aveo 1.4 LT for once as i have not seen this vehicle in blood and flesh,

i had made my decision of fiesta after going through ANHC, Festa, SX4 and Manza

but now i am completely confused, as the aveo is a complete master piece when it comes to interiors and exteriors , the only problem is that i am 6'3" tall and left leg is touching the dash board, and my all family members being tall, i don't find enough keg space, but i do not want to leave this beautiful car just because of this.
Reading your post, I was wondering why don't you try Optra Magnum, with Cruze in the picture Optra Magnum prices have gone down and its much more spacious than the Aveo and IMHO its better than ANHC.
arishi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 10:12   #20
BANNED

Optra magnum is going out of my budget, i have planned till 7 lacs only and fiesta 1.6 SXi and Aveo 1.4 LT are coming in the same price range,
ruchirtnt is offline   Reply With Quote