Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th December 2015, 14:09   #136
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Superb(Type II) 1.8 TSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
However, this time I am happy to post that Skoda has agreed to change the 2.5 lakh rupee part for free and apparently will also be covered under a part warranty after this change so the car is secure.
Thank you for the update. I suspect it might be a recall issue. If Skoda Auto knew that a part was suspect, I expected that they would pro-actively change it and not keep their fingers crossed waiting for the part to fail. Goes to show that every rupee is important for them and they are trying all the tricks in the book to ensure that they stay profitable in the short term
TheARUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 09:41   #137
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Bumping up my thread after 3 years. The car is now 6 years old and done just 45000kms and yet again the DSG Mechatronic has failed.

But for now, I am looking to sell this car even though its probably the most reliable it has been in years with the new DSG being put but I yet feel its time for an upgrade from Skoda for me.
Sorry to hear about the 2nd DSG failure. Considering how much trouble this car has given you and the other cars you've bought in the recent past, yeah, let go of her. She has no place in your garage anymore.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 16:08   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Terror Strikes Again - 3rd Gearbox Failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sorry to hear about the 2nd DSG failure. Considering how much trouble this car has given you and the other cars you've bought in the recent past, yeah, let go of her. She has no place in your garage anymore.
Should have listened to you earlier and sold the car off 6 months ago. I was waiting to sell it off next month and just then terror strikes again!!

The car broke down in the middle of the night on the weekend. Luckily I had my friends car following and hopped into that. Completely ruined my night as it was raining too. So much for buying a "luxury car" and maintaing it impeccably at an authorized service center over years.

Sent the car to Skoda Autobahn Kurla on Monday and after 3 whole days of follow up and diagnostics they figured the problem is the Dual Clutch in the gearbox. This is the third gearbox issue, the mechatronic was first replaced in 2012 and again just 6 months ago and now they claim it's not a mechatronic issue but a clutch issue hence they are hinting that I have to bare some cost. Moreover, they are suspecting a flywheel and throttle intake manifold replacement. So much for goodwill warranty. Have flatly refused to cover any cost of these major parts as they are not supposed to give way in merely 50,000kms!!

Skoda has definitely lost me as a customer for life! All through the years I have given them due credit inspite of the several issues that have cropped up. Returning back as a customer by buying a second Superb was the biggest testimony. Moreover, I have recommended the car to several of my friends and family of which nearly 8 directly bought the car based on my advice. Today, i feel guilty and fear for the fate of their cars.

Last edited by Sahil : 16th June 2016 at 16:12.
Sahil is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 18:23   #139
BHPian

Oh thats such a sorry state of an affair Sahil. Skoda without any shadow of doubt, is in complete shambles!

Like you i also always thought that skoda in spite of having bagful of horror stories might not be as bad as it is made out to be, and that their cars might have improved overtime in terms of reliability. How wrong was i to think of such thing!

I remember when i had to let go of my vRS i had to sell it as scrap due to immeasurable faults she had developed overtime.

I fear that you might have to go through same ordeal.

No Skoda for life...
ashish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 19:28   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Problem with Skoda in India as i see it:
1) Lack of proper technical knowhow
2) Improper diagnosis of problem
3) Poor workmanship or problem rectification skill
4) General attitude towards customers and customer cars

Excellent cars let down by poor after sales support.
Sankar is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 22:14   #141
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
they figured the problem is the Dual Clutch in the gearbox. This is the third gearbox issue
Sorry to hear about this man. I reiterate, you have some lovely cars in your garage now. Don't put up with this misery. Cut the cord. Sell her off.

It's after hearing cases like these (and there are several more) that I'm still not convinced of the 7-speed DSG's reliability. Even the newer ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Problem with Skoda in India as i see it
You forgot the most important - problematic tech! Gearboxes, air-cons, ABS modules and what not. Refer to Hayek's thread also. It's just one failure after another.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2016, 13:13   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Update: Skoda has agreed to cover the 71k cost of the multi clutch under goodwill warranty after I refused to pay a dime for it. However, they expect me to cover the labour costs of 8500rs, don't understand their logic of not covering the labour.
Moreover, they are refusing to cover the intake manifold under warranty, this part to fail in just 50k kms is clearly premature and must be covered under warranty.
The V-belt also need to be replaced which is a costs that need to be bared by me.

Have asked them to go ahead with just the clutch replacement for now to get the car back on the road.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote