Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 7th August 2009, 21:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sahil. I prefer Superb's interiors to present Accord. There seems to be light all over the interiors ! How much did it work out OTR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
So when are you buying the second Superb ?
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 21:47   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Congrats on your new purchase. I had the opportunity to sit on one of these and the only thing that put me off was the rear tail lights design but other then that it is way too good to let go. Can you tell me about the interior sensor switch just right of the driver seat between the two doors. The guy whose car it was had no idea.
Good question. I haven't been able to figure that one out myself, my friend spotted it the other night and I was clueless too. I tried to press that switch but nothing changes.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 22:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations a on a Superb buy Sahil

The new Superb is loaded to the brim and is bang on value for your buck. Right colour too. I will keenly be watching this thread to see how the A.S.S treats you. Enjoy your new and yes some dishy black alloys would be icing on the cake
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 22:57   #19
BHPian

Thumbs up

Congrats Sahil on your new purchase!!!
The new superb is really a bang for your buck.
When i saw the pic which shows the meters, i was like
the car's doing above 200 kph at 6000+ rpm while running in period.
Then after observing all the lights i came to a conclusion that the new modern cars have the feature that the needles travel the whole
speedo/tacho when they are switched on.
Am i correct or you do run in your cars like that, lol..
Enjoy!!
MAG9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 23:20   #20
BHPian

That switch disables internal motion sensor. For those times where you leave your bruno behind in the car
entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 23:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sahil congrats,she looks cool and luxirious in white
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 23:42   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
That switch disables internal motion sensor. For those times where you leave your bruno behind in the car
They really have left the car as per euro specs and needs, that feature is unheard of here.

Do you have the same problem with the right rear view mirror?
Old 8th August 2009, 00:23   #23
BHPian

Congrats Sahil on a superb choice and a nice color. I'm sure you will enjoy this car - really a superb VFM car. Welcome to the seven star club

All the goodies, well put together cabin and chipped diesel - It all puts a smile on my face each time I take this for my office commute. Now how I wish I had chosen the petrol one but for all the horror stories with Skoda petrols and the resale factor - that forced me to pick alas the clattery PD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
They really have left the car as per euro specs and needs, that feature is unheard of here.
Yes all these features are welcome. But after having read all the nice stories about Skoda A.S.S we should just pray that nothing bad happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Do you have the same problem with the right rear view mirror?
Umm. Never really noticed this. Let me check once I'm back to my place and post.
entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2009, 01:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Sahil, that's a nice car indeed! Have fun!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2009, 01:55   #25
BHPian

i am tired of watching 5 series roaming around in abad. so many of them, its too boring.

then just the other day i saw this superb in that reddish purple color with the xenons and side orvms on. my oh my !! this car is actually superbb!!! and i love the name man!! owning somehting named superb must be so awesome!!

i never felt happy to see such a car!! this car means "money well spent" and shows that the person who bought this car has put a lot of thought into it and knows what a good car actually is.

congratulations mate!

so who is this car primarily for?? you or family!! if you don't mind me asking?
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2009, 02:28   #26
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Sahil, congratulations! You made me jealous with those pictures. I should have waited for the Superb instead of getting the Laura 2009 FL A/T. But personally i feel the Superb is too long a car to be driven in the city especially the 'burbs. I was shocked to see that it is negligibly shorter than my E280. Its a pain driving these Ls in the 'burbs. That is how i console myself with the Laura. But then again, the pictures make me think otherwise. Mines a white too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pashin View Post
Congrats Sahil, thats a stunning beauty u got. Wish u many happy miles!

a suggestion though - get a beige carpet made instead of those al cheapo floor mats.
Can u please elaborate a little on this carpet you mentioned? I am looking for something like that on mine.

Last edited by ajmat : 8th August 2009 at 08:37.
Akki_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2009, 04:25   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

@Caramelo: This will be used by me most often during the day, at nights I would stick with the 5 series most often and during highway runs too.

@Pashin: There are are biege carpet mats already but due to the monsoons I need rubber mats. Will be getting a new set tomo the current ones are from my other car.
Old 8th August 2009, 04:29   #28
BHPian

Congratulations on another great choice Sahil. This is the most amazing vehicle I experienced this side of the 25 L price band. The package offered on the platter is inviting as hell. While going for a quick check of the features it offered, I was amazed to notice that the sales person himself could not remember to share all that the car could do.

Wish you a long a event free ride on this beauty.

This recession seems to be killing me
nishant_kingpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2009, 21:52   #29
BHPian

[quote=
Can u please elaborate a little on this carpet you mentioned? I am looking for something like that on mine.[/QUOTE]

there are a few upholstery guys who can make beige carpets for you in lieu of the beige rubber mats that we normally get. They are cost effective and can be replaced just like the rubber carpets. Essentially they just take a beige carpet, cut it to the size of the regular rubber matt and stitch border on it.
Pashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2009, 14:47   #30
Senior - BHPian

Sahil, you're not allowed to enjoy the car so much that you forget all about posting. Please note that this is a violation of the Team BHP forum rules and you will be infracted and subsequently banned if this continues
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote