Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2009, 08:48   #16
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaglaGoru View Post
What are the freebies ?

None....zero...poof!

What accessories did I buy ?

3M sunfilm,mud guards and floor mats.
I booked a Berry Red i20 1.2 recently at the same showroom. I got car cover, SunFilm (don't know specs), mud guards, floor mats and teflon coating (anybody can tell me if it is necessary?) as free accessories. If it is not too late, you may try to bargain with them!
aristocratic50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 13:38   #17
BHPian
 
PaglaGoru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 52
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I spoke to the representative on the freebies thing and he said he is going to check this with his manager and get back to me. Point is of late i am getting this feeling that he is not as much involved in the deal as he should be. There have been multiple instances over this week that I am getting the feeling that he is just sweet talking my concerns/queries away.

Also he often fails to honor his commitment of calling me back. I have decided that if he doesn't meet his commitment this afternoon , I am going to take this up through proper channels.
PaglaGoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 15:32   #18
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaglaGoru View Post
Also he often fails to honor his commitment of calling me back.
I have similar experience with Advaith sales person. After I booked the car, I have to call him 4 times before he picks up and says he will call me back. After that I waited for another day and then I called him. May be it it is a normal practice at Advaith. Oflate response improved a little bit . But still I have to call him 2 times before he picks up

PaglaGoru, when did you book and what is the expected date of your car delivery?
aristocratic50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 20:08   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,195
Thanked: 1,996 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristocratic50 View Post
I booked a Berry Red i20 1.2 recently at the same showroom. I got car cover, SunFilm (don't know specs), mud guards, floor mats and teflon coating (anybody can tell me if it is necessary?) as free accessories. If it is not too late, you may try to bargain with them!

Thats a good offer that you got. Dealers over here are offering basic accessories only. And that too is depends on your bargaining skills. There seems to be a good demand for the car, coupled with a short supply of cars,leading to long waiting periods, and no offers.
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 22:04   #20
Distinguished - BHPian
 
FlyingSpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,937
Thanked: 1,331 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Thats a good offer that you got. Dealers over here are offering basic accessories only. And that too is depends on your bargaining skills. There seems to be a good demand for the car, coupled with a short supply of cars,leading to long waiting periods, and no offers.
+1 to that. I deferred my Asta purchase to this month, but STILL no discounts. If Hyundai can hold on to their zero discount on the i20 even during Ganpati season in Mumbai, then you're sure to get zilch whatever the time of your purchase.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 22:51   #21
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristocratic50 View Post
I booked a Berry Red i20 1.2 recently at the same showroom. I got car cover, SunFilm (don't know specs), mud guards, floor mats and teflon coating (anybody can tell me if it is necessary?) as free accessories. If it is not too late, you may try to bargain with them!
I got my I20 Asta from the same dealer, I got cover, Anti rust coating, Teflon coating, Mud flaps and mats, Perfume and 3M CT35 sunfilm ( I later did not put this film as I wanted something light and better quality went for RE50 and RE 70 for side and back and CR70 for the front), I bargained for this before i book the car.
heeraksurti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 11:57   #22
BHPian
 
PaglaGoru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 52
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Regarding the freebies thingie,I spoke to a few real life people as well to the dealer and found out that no one was getting any.I took it a little further and verified this with Orix and they also came back saying that they are not aware of any such offers on i20.Now if Orix tells me so I guess I have to believe because my experience ratifies them as fierce deal mongers. A collegue of mine was not getting parking sensors on his SX4 as a freebie and when Orix came to know of that they arranged for another dealer !!!! May be it is the face value of aristocratic50 and heeraksurti which is getting them the freebies but at least quite evidently it is not working for me !!!! :(

Of course Orix might as well be hand in glove with a particular dealer and so they are constantly trying to move the purchase to that dealership- but since I do not have any visible proof with me I'd love to ignore it.

@aristocratic50

booked the vehicle a month back.

@JayD and @ Flying Spur

You guys are so right with your analysis. Even one of my close relatives have a supplier relation with Hyundai and guess what a supplier discount was also not available on this particular vehicle!!!! he verified that personally. Not to mention the no freebies thing....... I'd say this is an artificial demand created to underline the exclusivity of the car but i do not know if it will work for or against Hyundai in the long run in terms of i20's success. I mean at the end of the day its the sales that matter to a company and looking at the figures Swift generates, we can safely conclude that Hyundai is not blind nor ignorant but not focussed on the indian scope of i20 as well. They want to market it in volumes in Europe and believe me my first tryst with this car was in Europe two months back- but that had a different configuration and goodies altogether.Theres an emerging mass market for this kind of vehicles in Europe and my guess is Hyundai is trying to take a pie out of that instead of pitting its newest with the already mature swift dominated Indian market. May be later when swift sales dwindle and people start looking at swift as dated,they might ramp themselves up in the game. Makes enough market sense to me !

Good thing is this will preserve the value of the vehicle if you are planning to retain it for the next three years and exchange it for a bigger car.
PaglaGoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2009, 02:49   #23
BHPian
 
Caramelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: ahmedabad
Posts: 769
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

i20 is a great choice. and black is sexy!!! i have seen so many whites!! ugrh!!

anyways congratulations.
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2009, 10:19   #24
Distinguished - BHPian
 
FlyingSpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,937
Thanked: 1,331 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
I have seen so many whites!! ugrh!!
Urgh? Surely you're not going to be the least bit impressed with my Asta when it arrives.



Quote:
Originally Posted by PaglaGoru View Post
May be later when swift sales dwindle and people start looking at swift as dated,they might ramp themselves up in the game.
I've already reached that point. Infact, maybe a couple of years ago, when the Swift started boring me to death. Not that sales have dwindled of course, full credit to MSIL.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 18th August 2009 at 10:22.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2009, 11:21   #25
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 293
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Hi n congrats on your i20 - I got myself the blue color, and went in for a tire upgrade instead of alloy upgrades (due to budget constraints) to 205/60/R14 which raises GC of the car by 6 mm (and the handling is awesome!). You can see it here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/55059-initial-take-my-hyundai-i20-asta-3.html

195/55 R15 is a good upsize since the overall circumference of the tire remains the same.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2009, 11:31   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
wildon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,405
Thanked: 1,040 Times
Default

congrats buddy. I'm also waiting for the i20 Asta. expecting it on last week of this month.
For me too there is no freebies or any other offers :-(
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2009, 16:16   #27
Distinguished - BHPian
 
FlyingSpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,937
Thanked: 1,331 Times
Default

I've been offered mudflaps, floor and luggage mats, underbody coating, turned down the teflon and Llumar sunfilm in favour of rear parking sensors (I dont need them, Mom might benefit), but I'm reconsidering. Mostly going in for the sunfilm only.

Had a question. Worth it to go for the Rs.14k 5-year warranty?
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2009, 16:28   #28
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 293
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

In my case I was offered mudflaps, floor and luggage mats, a perfume and an idol..not much of a deal!
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2009, 16:33   #29
Distinguished - BHPian
 
FlyingSpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,937
Thanked: 1,331 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
In my case I was offered mudflaps, floor and luggage mats, a perfume and an idol..not much of a deal!
I invested 45 mins of my precious time sitting in their accessories section staring at their accessories list and haggling shamelessly
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 10:32   #30
BHPian
 
PaglaGoru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 52
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
Hi n congrats on your i20 - I got myself the blue color, and went in for a tire upgrade instead of alloy upgrades (due to budget constraints) to 205/60/R14 which raises GC of the car by 6 mm (and the handling is awesome!). You can see it here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/55059-initial-take-my-hyundai-i20-asta-3.html

195/55 R15 is a good upsize since the overall circumference of the tire remains the same.
Wanted to see those tyres on the vehicle - the link doesn't work it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
congrats buddy. I'm also waiting for the i20 Asta. expecting it on last week of this month.
For me too there is no freebies or any other offers :-(
Bangalore Dealers are shameless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
I've been offered mudflaps, floor and luggage mats, underbody coating, turned down the teflon and Llumar sunfilm in favour of rear parking sensors (I dont need them, Mom might benefit), but I'm reconsidering. Mostly going in for the sunfilm only.

Had a question. Worth it to go for the Rs.14k 5-year warranty?
If you have tight parking situation it would be a good investment.If not then 14K is a good price to splurge on wheels !

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
I invested 45 mins of my precious time sitting in their accessories section staring at their accessories list and haggling shamelessly
Mumbai customers are shameless
PaglaGoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Booked my Toyota Innova G1 today (EDIT: Taken delivery now, Pics on page 2) prabhusati Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 86 11th September 2012 14:10
Ordered my Fiat 500! EDIT: Delivery taken; Pics on Page 6 omaragra Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 172 20th January 2012 22:43
Booked my Hip-Hop Black Punto Emotion Pack. EDIT : Delivery taken ~~VinZ~~ Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 80 8th April 2010 14:03
Indica Vista Anniversary Edition - Delivery Tomorrow (Edit: Delivery taken) Baburajs Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 98 26th October 2009 09:54
Booked A Midnight Black FAZER. EDIT : Delivery taken! rajchetan Motorbikes 16 23rd September 2009 21:10


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks