Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 5th November 2009, 18:35   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
Can someone please confirm these 2 points:
1>While locking \ unlocking Asta model,we dont get to hear any beep\double beep as normally hapening with any remote locking system?
2>While engaging reverse gear too,we dont get any beeps with hazard lights blinking,which normally occurs with remote locking.
Neither.

Quote:
Are these not available on i20 or they need to be configured on our cars?
Not available.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 18:59   #77
BHPian

Seems even the ones sold in UK dont have the alarm.

Took this from hyundai's UK wesbite "i20 is fitted standard with a Cat 2 Immobiliser"

But they do offer "Thatcham approved Cat 1 system" as an accessory which includes an Alarm with Perimeter detection,Ignition detection,Passenger compartment movement detection,Inclination detection (Motorcycle only),Audible warning with battery back-up power supply

Hyundai | Accessories | All

Need to find out if its made available here as Hyundai OE accessory or the chances of procuring it from UK and fitting here.
jraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 19:31   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

@ jraj : Check out wildon's thread on his i20. He has been discussing the alarm there in the recent posts.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote