Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th October 2009, 09:28   #346
BHPian

Hi Frank,

I know how you feel, especially after spending hours on your ICE and upgrades. Shaju had provided the contact number of the Regional Sales Manager and he was helpful and resolved Aravind's problem as well. You may want to reach out to him and find out if he could be of any help. I will PM you his contact number.

BTW this is my first post after a long time and looks like we have a quite a few new proud Fiesta owners and the Riders are growing by the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
So will they cure the car totally or not? I'm a little worried now :-(
They're very small issues, most of which have been sorted. But you know how it feels to have them with a spanking new car right?
Chillout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 09:30   #347
Senior - BHPian

@frankmehta
It is very sad to see all those problems with your new car. I think, FORD will definitely attend your complaints and do something to rectify same.

8kmpl is too low - think some tuning may be required.

Anyway it is good that you have made complaint in WRITING that too direct to FORD.

Hope you will get a call soon from them

Thanks
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 11:08   #348
BHPian

Frank, In my personal experience, I found Ford more reactive and listening to complaints, as I had steering problem (due to my fault), it was attended and rectified immediately by Service Manager personally.

Hope your problems gets rectified at earliest else they are contradicting their own congratulation e-mail sent to me.

Quote:
Congratulations!

You are now the proud owner of a Ford Fiesta.
Ford India welcomes you to the Ford family, a family that consists of millions of Ford enthusiasts like you, across the world.
We wish you a great drive as you embark on an exciting journey with your new car.

As part of this email, we’d like to give you some contact information that you could use to get in touch with us anytime.

Road Side Assistance (RSA) - Ford Service RSA provides on-site assistance services such as mechanical services for minor repairs on-site; transportation of car to service centre if required (in flat bed trucks); fuel delivery; jumpstart of batteries; assistance to unlock cars; towing assistance and much more. Pls call 1800 102 2020 (Pls note that this service is currently available in the cities of Delhi & NCR, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad, Kochi, Ludhiana, Chandigarh, Kolkatta, Ahmedabad, Jaipur and Coimbatore. We are expanding this to other cities in a phased manner)

To clarify any concerns about your car or Ford service, you can contact us at <<mailto:custmail@ford.com>> or call us on our toll free number 1800-4252500 (BSNL & MTNL subscribers). All other subscribers at 6000-2500 (Please prefix your area code).

For any suggestions/feedback on general issues you can mail us at <<mailto:fordind@ford.com>>

As always, here’s to exciting miles ahead!

Sanjeev Shukla
General Manager - Marketing
Ford India Pvt Ltd.
rajeshvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 13:55   #349
Senior - BHPian

Shucks. I got a call from them. Missed it and then got an email from them saying:

Quote:
Dear Mr.xxxx Mehta,

Thank you for contacting Ford India.

We appreciate the time you have taken to write to us. We have noted down the contents of your mail. We tried to contact you on the number mentioned below but cannot able to reach you.(Ringing at 11.45).

We kindly request you to provide your vehicle Reg. No or VIN No. for us to support you further.

Assuring you of our best services and continuous support at all times.

Thanks and Regards
Parimala.R,
Customer Relations,
Ford India Limited.
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 14:30   #350
BHPian

Guys I got a call too and an email too. The best part during the call they ford executive was asking me certain questions and I said I would not like to share confidential data such as year of birth etc.

And surprising the executive was educated enough to understand this and said it was okay and I could give whatever answers I felt comfortable with. I appreciate for atleast educating the executives for what they might expect and how to handle it.
Rastapopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 14:45   #351
Senior - BHPian

I know the Ford Guys are now changed and ready to take up their Car owners
Problems/ complaints. They realized that this is the only way a Car manufacture can survive in this tough/competitive market. A customer satisfaction, especially to a member of TBHP will give them added advantage -a best way of advertisement for their cars without any money spending. Now, we hope that @frankmehta's problem will be sorted out soon!
Old 29th October 2009, 14:58   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

Damn Frank, I didnt know the car had so many issues.

I hope Ford resolves all the issues very soon.

All The best
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 15:00   #353
Senior - BHPian

Most of the issues are resolved by them. But just bringing to their notice that the car was delivered with them. Shouldn't have been the case no?
Old 29th October 2009, 15:09   #354
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh Ok that way, I thought the issues are still there.

Anyways these should not have been there at all but as long they fix it with minimum fuss it should be fine
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 15:14   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govinda-Govinda View Post
frank,

Ideally we shouldn't mention anything that compromises our warranty to the Company, but given that you are seeking their help with FE, wouldn't it be good for them to know all the facts (viz about tyre upsizing)?

All in good time, my friend. Saying this @ the first instance would definitely void the Suspension warranty.
But honestly, a 10 mm increase in the width of a tyre cannot cause a 3-4 kmpl drop.
Old 29th October 2009, 15:40   #356
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I am enamoured by this keychain. Like totally sold on it.

Keychain - Gifts & Accessories - The Ford Collection

It's a clear beauty and the OLD style Ford logo nails it for me. I am going ahead and ordering it. Anyone else want one?

One more mail from Ford.

Quote:
Dear Mr.xxxx Mehta,

We would revert back to you after we receive relevant information from
our dealership. Your concern number is 8847682.

Assuring you of our best services and continuous support at all times.

Thanks and Regards
Parimala.R,
Customer Relations,
Ford India Limited.

Last edited by frankmehta : 29th October 2009 at 15:54.
Old 29th October 2009, 16:26   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
All in good time, my friend. Saying this @ the first instance would definitely void the Suspension warranty.
But honestly, a 10 mm increase in the width of a tyre cannot cause a 3-4 kmpl drop.
Makes sense frank. Tyre size will not be the only factor in the low FE. And also its good to hear about Ford's quick response.Good for us.

I get a feeling that they'll fix your S to its absolute best.
Govinda-Govinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 15:45   #358
BHPian

@frankmehta
What did Ford do to resolve the rusted brake & suspension parts issue? I have discovered that the same parts are rusted in my ZXI too.
nura is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 16:40   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
@frankmehta
What did Ford do to resolve the rusted brake & suspension parts issue? I have discovered that the same parts are rusted in my ZXI too.
+
Believe @Frankmehta is not well, (some one told me few days back) as I have not seen any post/replies in last 15days atleast !

The rust problem in your car - Strongly take up with the dealer (tell them you dont want a car with rusted parts). Incase they are not listening properly, write a letter/email to FORD immediately with a copy to the dealer - I strongly feel the problem then will be attended to.
Old 18th November 2009, 22:20   #360
BHPian

@nairrk
Thanks for your reply. I spoke to the workshop manager & he has asked me to take the car across. He says he will take pictures of the rusted parts & send them to Ford. I guess I will do that in a day or two.
Sorry to hear that @frankmehta is unwell. Would like to wish him a speedy recovery.
nura is online now   Reply With Quote