Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 18th November 2009, 22:28   #361
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys. Sorry for the late and intermittent replies!
I am all well. Just been tied up with a lot of work in the last month.
My rust issues were sorted out in the first 2 days itself, and the suspension issue was sorted out by balancing and alignment.
I have just got a call from the RSM for Ford in my area, and I might be meeting him on Friday morning to discuss WHY actually these issues cropped up in a brand new car, first of all.
Also, the car has JUST crossed 3 months of it's ownership on the 14th of November, hence the 1st service is due. The RSM said he wants to resolve all my issues before the car goes for it's routine service.
So ya, I am happy. Have made a checkilist kind of thing to discuss with the RSM. Will go down to the car for a short drive tomorrow and sort out more stuff.
Meanwhile, I have completed 3400 km and the drive is bliss. Only issue that has cropped up is, that with the AC on, when I am revving, I feel the revs go down slightly in the middle of pressing the pedal down. Dont know how to explain the problem, but it wasnt there before.
Hence, this shall all be sorted in the first service.
Another problem worrying me, is that the RSM has already started convincing me about how the car suspension is designed keeping a particular set of tyres in mind, and I have a feeling he wants to void the warranty etc. or even blame the stuff on the tyres.
Let's see. Fingers crossed!

PS: THanks for your concern guys. I am alive and hale and hearty (cough, cough, splutter, cough) ;-)
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 23:49   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
I am all well. Just been tied up with a lot of work in the last month.
My rust issues were sorted out in the first 2 days itself
Glad to hear you are well.
How was the rust issue sorted out - with sandpaper & paint?
nura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 23:50   #363
Senior - BHPian

yes sir. exactly.
no issues now.

How is your new car Nuraji?
Old 19th November 2009, 00:10   #364
BHPian

Quote:
yes sir. exactly.
no issues now.
How is your new car Nuraji?
This is what my Hyundai service centre owner said he would do to sort out the rust issue but I didn't want to get into any warranty hassles with Ford, so I didn't let him use the sandpaper & paint.
Otherwise, the car is doing great.
It is a Panther Black ZXI & have fitted Ford 14" alloys (the ones that the SXI comes with), Michelin XM1+ 175/65 R14 tyres (warranty issues again) & Ford sporty pedals.
nura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 14:04   #365
Senior - BHPian

Just came back from a meeting with the Ford RSM. He, along with the floor manager @ Bhavna ford had a test drive in the car. There were 2 other service advisors in the car too. I felt like I was getting special treatment from everyone there, and it impressed me to no ends. For someone who is as fussy as me, and has a lot of complaints with an otherwise great product, they listened patiently and promised to address all my problems. Alignment and balancing and maybe a free polish is on the cards.
There is a slight issue with the steering rack which is being addressed. Also, rattles and other small things too will be sorted.
I am happy to get the attention and cooperation of Bhavna ford, kalina, and if all my problems are addressed as per my demands, then I will be sending my car there for the rest of its life with me..
Will keep you guys updated about what happened.
Old 20th November 2009, 14:29   #366
Senior - BHPian

@frankmehta

Glad to see your post again after a long gap.

Also it is nice to hear about the Gesture from FORD and their eagerness to attend the problems. So it is evident that FORD is really changed (from what some people still cautious/worry about Ford service and the costs thereby).

I do hope that all your problems will be attended to and you will be a happy Fiesta Owner
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 14:51   #367
Senior - BHPian

Frank, so did the car's bottom scrape on Mumbai's potholes with 5 adults inside?

You may want to be wary of Bhavna Ford in case you become a regular there. A couple of BHP-ians were recently conned into buying fake spoilers thinking it's an original Ford spoiler. They were even made to believe that they are getting a hefty discount.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 14:52   #368
Senior - BHPian

Happy to see you around Franky. Both of us were on sick bed almost same time. I was impressed with the Ford RSM (south) within the first 10 days of my delivery itself. Its really commentable to see how seriously they listen to problems and complaints and sort out everything to our satisfaction. I have changed my perspectives about Ford as a brand, from the moment I bought a Fiesta. Everything is contradicting to whatever I have heard of Ford for many years ! So far, I am a happy customer, and hope to remain that way.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 15:27   #369
BHPian

Hi Frank,

Do you generally fill fuel at a regular outlet or do you fill at random pumps, in all possibilities looks like either inferior fuel or short dispensing.

Cheers
M
mmmjgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 19:35   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@frankmehta

Glad to see your post again after a long gap.

Also it is nice to hear about the Gesture from FORD and their eagerness to attend the problems. So it is evident that FORD is really changed (from what some people still cautious/worry about Ford service and the costs thereby).

I do hope that all your problems will be attended to and you will be a happy Fiesta Owner
Hi nair. Sorry for the long gap!
I shall speak about my experience with the A.S.S. AFTER the replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Frank, so did the car's bottom scrape on Mumbai's potholes with 5 adults inside?

You may want to be wary of Bhavna Ford in case you become a regular there. A couple of BHP-ians were recently conned into buying fake spoilers thinking it's an original Ford spoiler. They were even made to believe that they are getting a hefty discount.
Hi gilly
My car DOESNT scrape the speed breakers with not 5 but 6 Adults even!! I am shocked and surprised. But do not wish to fit 6 adults inside again.

About the spoiler bit, that's from the dealership and not the workshop.
Read on to find out about the experience with the workshop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Happy to see you around Franky. Both of us were on sick bed almost same time. I was impressed with the Ford RSM (south) within the first 10 days of my delivery itself. Its really commentable to see how seriously they listen to problems and complaints and sort out everything to our satisfaction. I have changed my perspectives about Ford as a brand, from the moment I bought a Fiesta. Everything is contradicting to whatever I have heard of Ford for many years ! So far, I am a happy customer, and hope to remain that way.
Shaju, how's your non-chicken and egg diet going?? Must be sad right?

The RSM did take the matter in his hands, but didn't need much involvement from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
Hi Frank,

Do you generally fill fuel at a regular outlet or do you fill at random pumps, in all possibilities looks like either inferior fuel or short dispensing.

Cheers
M
I do tank up at select 2-3 stations, and this average is a result of city driving + my style + heavier and wider tyres.

Ok guys. Just got her back from the A.S.S. and BOY oh BOY, what an experience!
The guys at Bhavna were super accommodating and took all the crap I gave them. Badgered them with questions, doubts and showed them stuff about the car that could be termed trivial (but still needed notice)! The guys didn't get annoyed even one bit and resolved each and every issue to the T.
I thought the first service was a mere formality, but they actually took the effort to take 4-5 test drives (one with me) and iron out small niggles.

Here's what I told them to do:
1. Squeak in front seat-- now removed.
2. Smell in blower-- gone before they could do something about it
3. Misting of headlights-- they tried their best to induce it, but didn't happen. Have given them photos though.
4. Rattles-- All gone, except for the dash kit that needs to be double taped. They didn't touch it for OBVIOUS reasons. I wouldn't want my Rs. 45k head unit to be fettered with. I shall ask Ajay Kamath's man to do the job.
5. Rust: Raised the car on the ramp and was finally given a satisfactory answer about the cast-iron parts. Happy and will rest in peace now.

Issues I didn't raise, but were corrected:
1. Mushy brakes-- sorted by brake bleeding on their part
2. Scratches: they had the scratches removed by the 3M guys present there and also gave me a free wax job. Happy to see her gleaming when i went to take delivery!
3. Wobbly steering-- now ironed out.

Issue NOT sorted out: My steering column STILL makes a noise. This noise is OMNIPRESENT in ALL Ford Fiestas that I know of, and the people at Bhavna said there is a prototype spring that is being developed as we speak, to damp the play/gap between the rack and the column, and they plan to use my car as a test bed. They plan to get the spring into the car soon, and I have to update them with the results. Let's see how that goes!

ALL MY TROUBLES are sorted out. And I can now drive my car in peace, without worrying about a semi-lemon. I have just fallen in love with my Fify-S AGAIN, and I will enjoy her for the days to come till the next service till she gets MOBIL-1 in her veins and reinvents herself all over again.
I was also told by MY service advisor that I could experiment with a K&N, even though Ford doesn't recommend it. I shall see how that goes.

The service advisors at Bhavna, Kalina were amazingly co-operative, and not even once did they speak about the new tyres. They looked at them and asked which brand they were. That's it.

The RSM and the Floor manager were floored on looking at the Audio Install, and mentioned the tweeter pods atleast times in the last 2 days. They were blown away when I made them listen to it. They knew I was a shoukeen customer, and I have assured them that no wires were cut in the process. They are happy on that aspect too.

I also showed the Floor Manager the magical forum, that is Team-Bhp and even though he isn't internet savvy, I have left the bookmark in his browser. He knows THE power of the forum and what a large group of people (US) can do. (Eg: Nummer Eins and Skoda)

I am very happy with my experience, and I wish to get the same treatment in the coming services. Let's hope the impression stays the same. Bhavna Ford is far away, but good. And skilled labour is present in that particular workshop. So I shall stick to it till any further complaints.

Let me get back to enjoying my car, and my ICE without any doubts.
Love you Fiesta
Old 21st November 2009, 21:21   #371
Senior - BHPian

On a light note:
On the way back, I was driving my S along the Bandra Worli Sealink. I saw a Parika Red S with a TN Registration. I stepped on the gas to see who was driving the S, because S'es are slightly less in number as compared to the omnipresent SXis, ZXi's and EXis.
Looked into the car, and there I saw Shahpur Kotwal (editor of Autocar India) driving the S, with his wife and a guest in the passenger and rear seats respectively. I saw him staring at my car and he saw me ogling at his. As soon as our cars came side to side, I raised a thumbs-up and he obliged, as if in approval of his car, and mine. What a great moment it was to find someone of my brethren. S owners are always the enthusiasts, so when one S owner meets another S owner, the chemistry is pretty amazing. I had a smile on my face on the way back home.

Cheers to all S owners. Would love to see more of you'll!!
By the way, I still dance like a child on seeing another S on the road, still!!
frankmehta is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 21:35   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers to all S owners. Would love to see more of you'll!!
I told you about a S guy here who owns a blue
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2009, 00:50   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By the way, I still dance like a child on seeing another S on the road, still!!
I have seen only one other S on the road till now and that was sathee46's at a team-bhp meet. Anachronix's black S was at the meet too but I did not get to see it. So we have blue, black and white S's on the forum. Any colors that I missed?
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2009, 02:42   #374
BHPian

Frank, nice to hear that Ford RSM and Bhavna attended to all the issues and addresses them to ur satisfaction. If Ford continues with this kind of service they would be rated as one the best in After Sales Service. Whenever I come to Mumbai, I will defenitely trouble you to see the PODS and ofcourse the wonderful project manager>
Chillout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2009, 09:55   #375
Senior - BHPian

@frankmehta

Good that you are now a relieved proud owners of Fiesta S.

In the meantime, in your absence, we have started a seperate thread on Fiesta - ''All Fiesta Owners - You are here'' (the list you have started compiling fiesta owners now updatedwith 62 fiesta members already there).
When time permits, please give the workshop (Bhavna) experience and also the involvement of FORD RSM etc in that thread so that it all will be in one place?
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote