Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 1st December 2009, 13:07   #391
Senior - BHPian

No man. Nothing from them yet. I shall get in touch with them on this soon.
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 20:51   #392
Senior - BHPian

Got a call today. The spring is here! The car is being picked up by Bhavna Ford people on Monday morning first thing, and will be in my hands in the evening. Will report the changes after thoroughly checking the car.
Old 4th December 2009, 23:13   #393
Senior - BHPian

Is this supposed to fix the thud thud coming from the steering rack? It's not popped up in mine yet.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 23:47   #394
Senior - BHPian

Yep. The Damn thud is pretty scary. Happens only when the steering is turned in any direction.
Old 4th December 2009, 23:51   #395
Senior - BHPian

Frank... I spoke to the Ford RSM here and he mentioned that the thud which happens while the steering is turned in either direction is normal in Fiesta.

I am unsure if I need to take this with a pinch of salt since I got a demo in almost new car which had run only 3K KMs and the thud noise was there. But, it was considerably since it was a ZXi whereas the S comes with stiff dampers makes it more noisy I guess!
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 00:19   #396
Senior - BHPian

That's why the newly developed spring is being put into action. I am pretty sure they will sort even this issue out soon
Old 5th December 2009, 09:59   #397
Senior - BHPian

Fortunately, so far I haven't experienced any such sound in my car (ZXi).
Anyway, Hope Bhavna can rectify the problem and you will get back the car without the thud sound.!
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 18:37   #398
Senior - BHPian

hope so too! X crossed my fingers
Old 5th December 2009, 19:38   #399
BHPian

Guys if you speaking about the thud noise whihc comes when the steering is rotated in any of the extreme direction. then please tell me how you went about it.
I noticed it today , maybe had noticed it earlier once but ignored it.
Is this supposed to be normal? is this spring coming up in the later models? are they fitting it in our cars if we ask them?
Rastapopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 19:51   #400
Senior - BHPian

I have not noticed any thud in mine till now, so I have no idea if it was fixed in my car. Mine was manufactured in Sep. If Frank's new spring solves the issue, I will be asking them to replace mine as well if the issue pops up.

@Anachronix, where did you run into the Ford RSM? Can you send me his contact details in case I need it later.

Last edited by Gilead : 5th December 2009 at 19:52.
Old 6th December 2009, 13:07   #401
Senior - BHPian

No. The new spring has not been incorporated into the production line. I intend to ask them how it looks, and most probably I'll ask them to send me a photo of the same before it is installed, since I will not be going to the service centre tomorrow (they promised me a free pickup and drop)

Let's see how it goes. Waiting to see how it sounds on bumps!
Old 6th December 2009, 18:21   #402
Senior - BHPian

Frank, when exactly do you hear the thud? When the steering is turned in an extreme direction and you go into pothole. Or does the sound come even when there is no pothole?
Old 6th December 2009, 18:25   #403
Senior - BHPian

The thud ONLY comes when the steering wheel is turned away from center position (either side), not just the extreme directions.
The sound doesn't come when we hit a bump and the steering is dead centered.
Old 8th December 2009, 13:25   #404
Senior - BHPian

Just got a call from the Service Manager @ Bhavna. My car has been fixed!
The spring that was supposed to be replaced has been done, and wheel alignment is done. Its a small spring which is part of the steering gear. Minor part, but created a lot of din from below the column.
The service advisor alongwith the manager who called me, have taken an extensive drive of my Fiesta and they say its a drastic improvement over the earlier drive they had Yesterday.
My car will be dropped back to my place soon and I shall take her out for a Spin at night. As of now it seems that the problem has been sorted, and I am thankful to Mr. Jaived and mr. Divyang at @ Bhavna ford and Ford India ltd for their incessant support and great help in polishing my white diamond.
Kudos to Bhavna ford, and looking forward to my next service there, where she will get an infusion of Mobil1 and the mineral oil will be drained out.
Cheers guys!
Old 8th December 2009, 13:53   #405
Senior - BHPian

Great news. I hope some photos were taken of the part and where it goes into the column. I also hope Ford will voluntarily replace the spring on all cars and not just for those who complain/escalate.