Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 11th December 2009, 00:36   #421
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Autospirit!
Appreciate the kind words. About Mobil 1, not yet. I guess @ around 5-6k km
I do use system G though
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 09:26   #422
BANNED

Got one update from the dealer, he told that the Production at Ford Chennai has been temporarily suspended from 21 december to 31 december
ruchirtnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 11:13   #423
Senior - BHPian

Here's an update from me too, guys. The noise from the steering rack is almost GONE! It's a very very big relief to expect a loud noise when turning and hitting a bump, and then hearing a muted thud in it's place. Yes, the noise is still there, but I can live with it till the time the car goes for a survey of the 'experimental' spring that is in the car.
Old 24th December 2009, 11:19   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Here's an update from me too, guys. The noise from the steering rack is almost GONE! It's a very very big relief to expect a loud noise when turning and hitting a bump, and then hearing a muted thud in it's place. Yes, the noise is still there, but I can live with it till the time the car goes for a survey of the 'experimental' spring that is in the car.
+
Will you be able to hear those sound when your music system is rocking?
Anyway hope by next check up this minor noise problem will be set right

Season Greetings !
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 02:30   #425
Senior - BHPian

She's doing great! Planning to go the Mobil 1 way in the coming month if all goes well.
In the mean while, here is first of the many milestones to come in her life

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-08012010245-desktop-resolution.jpg
Old 10th January 2010, 10:55   #426
Senior - BHPian

just wanted to add here that i have been checking the average with every tankfull of late, and I have discovered that it has risen to between 9 and 9.5 km per litre! With my spirited driving and AC on all the time!
Old 10th January 2010, 11:33   #427
BHPian

Why not try OWS instead of Mobil1 ?
Amey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 13:58   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
the slight rattle from down is still there,
Cheers guys!
could this be noise from the caliper pins?
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 20:00   #429
Senior - BHPian

Hi everyone! Long time no see in this thread :-)

A few updates from my end:
1. There is some construction work going on in the adjacent building, and I happened to see white spots on the windshield and top and bonnet and boot and spoiler and doors (all surfaces). Ignored that, as white on white is never visible, unless viewed with a magnifying glass.
BUT, then the damn buggers in the adjacent building decided to highlight their building with a 'potty' coloured beige. And there, she stood with drops of this colour (that looks like excreta) all over my car. The drops are small, and far few in between, but they are there. All over. Even on the spoiler and even on the bonnet and some of it is also on the top. The spots are not possible to remove on washing/slight rubbing, hence the concern. Part 2 of the updates includes the solution for this.

2. BIGGEST UPDATE: Ford has been calling me regularly (every week) and asking for my feedback on the new 'spring.'
I voiced my opinion and told them I am 90% satisfied, but THE NOISE IS STILL THERE! (not loud, not annoying, but present nonetheless).
The 3rd or 4th call this week, and my car is now at Bhavna Ford (they do a free pick up and drop for me right now, since it's not a regular recall)
They have kept the car for a day, and wish to keep it for one more day tomorrow.
I got a call today from their Service Manager (the courteous and polite person, Mr. Jaived who has been attending to me from day 1) and he has told me that Ford, Chennai is personally following my case up to the last detail, and has sent AN ENTIRELY NEW STEERING RACK (column or rack, I don't know the difference, but my steering rack is being replaced) for my MH-01-AL-2926. This particular rack has been designed at the production plant level, and may be incorporated into all Fiestas soon. It has a recalibrated spring and some components have been changed/readjusted to eradicate the 'tud tud' noise from the rack when the steering is turned by a few degrees in either direction when in motion.
The rack is being replaced as we speak, and the car shall be delivered to my house tomorrow after the routine balancing and a demo drive by Mr. Jaived. As a courtesy gesture, Mr. Jaived has told me they are doing a 3M detailing and polishing job free for me (which involved removal of the aforesaid paint spots)
It's a win-win situation for me, and the only thing I stand to lose is the fuel it takes to go to and from the service centre at Kalina, back to my place in Walkeshwar (about 2 litres)

So, this is it. Let's see how this turns out.
Old 27th January 2010, 22:13   #430
Senior - BHPian

Well, keeping fingers crossed. Anyway, I think this is sterling service, kudos to Ford India.
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 11:57   #431
Senior - BHPian

Yes, kudos to them. I am now waiting for my car to come into my hands.
Old 28th January 2010, 13:48   #432
BHPian

Frank I completly understand how miserable you must have felt when you saw those spots on your Fiesta. I went thourgh the emotional turmoil when I got the first scratch.
Good to hear you getting a complimentry 3M from the service center.

About the Spring which I understand is to reduce the thud' which we experience when we turn the steering to one extreme. Is this in some testing phase and you doing the User testing for that? Are they fitting it to all the Fiesta's?
I talked to the consultant during my last servicing and he was clueless about it.
Rastapopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 23:29   #433
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE:
1. She is STILL at Bhavna Ford: Tomorrow will be the 3rd day!

2. The STEERING RACK has been replaced.

3. The reason for the car being delivered tomorrow is that it is lying at the body shop. They are doing the polishing and waxing with care, since the colour that fell on the car has dried up.

4. The Manager called me today to say that this is BY FAR the best steering he has seen on any Ford car. The new rack has made the steering 'smooth' and easier to 'chuck' the car into corners. Boy, oh boy! Am I waiting or what!? It's like an upgrade straight from the factory. Yayyy! No, seriously, he said that the new rack has made a day and night difference from the earlier design. Let's hope this is a good thing!

5. Car being dropped home tomorrow, after which I shall post my comments.

and yes, he says the noise is 'totally gone!;'

Last edited by frankmehta : 28th January 2010 at 23:30.
Old 29th January 2010, 09:50   #434
Senior - BHPian

just got a call. car is almost ready! being waxed now before leaving. coming by 4 PM today!!!
Old 15th February 2010, 19:37   #435
BHPian

whats happens now? hows the car?
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote