Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 18th February 2010, 02:34   #436
BHPian

Sad to hear about your problem.
So whats the status, is the problem solved.
Also Frank, can you please tell me whether your car has a drinking problem because I am having (major) issues.
Thanks.
mohitd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 10:09   #437
BHPian

Sirji,

We are waiting with bated breath for you next post !!!!!! Please oblige !!
Jimmy_u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 13:22   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitd View Post
Sad to hear about your problem.
So whats the status, is the problem solved.
Also Frank, can you please tell me whether your car has a drinking problem because I am having (major) issues.
Thanks.
mohit, do you have a 1.6S? Are you talking about a oil or petrol drinking problem? My S does not have an oil drinking problem and latest mileage was 9.8, which is not too bad since I rip the car. The S gives better mileage if you keep the RPM above 2K and dont lug the engine. Counter-intuitive but true in my case.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 22:48   #439
BHPian

Im having mileage issues. I do rip the car quite often and generally shift the gear between 2-3 depending on d traffic but its still giving a return of 7.5
I have a 1.6S too.
mohitd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 11:07   #440
Senior - BHPian

@Gilead & Mohit,

My car used to give a FE of 11KMPL and it has not gone below 10 even when I rip the car (insanely). I have done more than 14K KMs and I beleive the FE should get better with more running-in.

@Frank, where are you? Let us know if the steering rack has done the magic!
anachronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 12:50   #441
BHPian

i had recently done a 270 km trip and got 12.8km/L with hard driving and 1 major road block.ac was used only for 15% of the drive(i like feeling the breeze on long curvy lone stretchs of roads )
the car had just done its 4th service a month back
ariendj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 13:40   #442
BHPian

hey frank!

we are still waiting to hear about the new steering column/rack. also have they been able to pinpoint the reason for the low average?

took delivery of my sea grey zxi 1.6 on 23rd January 2010 from SC Ford (bombay) and drove it down to bangalore. it returned 12.6kmpl with the speedo hovering constantly around the 120-130 kmph mark(also hit around 140 on some stretches). did not want to push her though the sales manager had assured me that there is no running-in required whatsoever. in this insane bangalore traffic it still manages 10.5 with thr RPM usually not going beyond the 3k mark.
ash7678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 14:10   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitd View Post
Im having mileage issues. I do rip the car quite often and generally shift the gear between 2-3 depending on d traffic but its still giving a return of 7.5
I have a 1.6S too.
The lowest mileage I have ever gotten is 8.8. This is in two hours of bumper bumper at an avg speed of 15 kmph. But I usually get above 9 and the best has been 9.8 till now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
@Gilead & Mohit,

My car used to give a FE of 11KMPL and it has not gone below 10 even when I rip the car (insanely). I have done more than 14K KMs and I beleive the FE should get better with more running-in.
I drive in fairly heavy traffic. My 800 gives only 12, so it might be tough to expect the Fiesta to give 11 on the same roads. But the mileage is bound to creep up a little after running in. Mine has gone up from avg of 9.3 to 9.8 now. If you are getting 11 on OMR or some place like that, then it's not really comparable.
Old 19th February 2010, 14:15   #444
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the long delay guys. Unfortunately, the steering issue has NOT been sorted. The new steering rack is very light and the fun of driving the car has gone, since the heavy feel is gone, and so has the feel of the road underneath. I have spoken to Bhavna and the car is going back soon to replace this rack with my earlier one. Which means the 'tak tak' sound is going to remain. Not a problem for me, but if I have to live with this lifeless rack, I might as well as prefer the 'tak tak'
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 14:21   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Sorry for the long delay guys. Unfortunately, the steering issue has NOT been sorted. The new steering rack is very light and the fun of driving the car has gone, since the heavy feel is gone, and so has the feel of the road underneath. I have spoken to Bhavna and the car is going back soon to replace this rack with my earlier one. Which means the 'tak tak' sound is going to remain. Not a problem for me, but if I have to live with this lifeless rack, I might as well as prefer the 'tak tak'
That sucks. I did have a feeling that the new rack would be lifeless. I haven't heard the 'tak tak' for a while now as the roads here have been re laid in most places. The tak comes only when you hit a pothole at a certain angle. And like you said, I would put up with an occasional tuk sound but I can't live without the fantastic road feel and the superbly weighted steering.

Last edited by Gilead : 19th February 2010 at 14:23.
Old 19th February 2010, 15:08   #446
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear that Frank! I guess they have played around the dampers to get rid of that noise. But, was the sound completely eliminated with the new rack?

Quote:
I drive in fairly heavy traffic. My 800 gives only 12, so it might be tough to expect the Fiesta to give 11 on the same roads. But the mileage is bound to creep up a little after running in. Mine has gone up from avg of 9.3 to 9.8 now. If you are getting 11 on OMR or some place like that, then it's not really comparable.
I used to drive all the way from Perambur to Sholingnallur through (Chetpet/Gemini/Alwarpet/Adyar/OMR) Nerve of the city really
Old 19th February 2010, 15:09   #447
Senior - BHPian

Sound was VERY much there. I guess it's a design flaw. Besides that, I have been getting s steady average of 8.5 kmpl in the city and about 9.5 kmpl with the usual city-highway runs. not bad.
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 15:30   #448
BHPian

Man! I love your car. A primary reason I am convincing my dad on buying one. I envy you. How are your services going? Are they worthwhile?
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 15:39   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Sound was VERY much there. I guess it's a design flaw. Besides that, I have been getting s steady average of 8.5 kmpl in the city and about 9.5 kmpl with the usual city-highway runs. not bad.
Exactly! A design flaw for sure...

Good to see your FE figures picking up! Expect more as you cover more KMs. All the best dude
Old 19th February 2010, 15:46   #450
Senior - BHPian

Guys, is this sound present only on the S steering rack or the regular one as well?