Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 19th November 2010, 10:28   #526
BHPian

Frank you can use any of the synthetic oil,have been using shell helix ultra for the past few years but changed to semi synth since I change the oil every 6 months nowadays and I feel that works better(personal opinion though).As for the amount of oil a 4litre can and small can just in case of a top up.
yogi1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2010, 10:31   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Yes, was doing that before placing the order. Looks the SAME. Confirmed it from other sources too.
Frank Bhai, has your K&N filter arrive? Please post some pics once you get them in hand.
Pr_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2010, 11:33   #528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
@Frank, been a long time mate!

The Mobil1 fully synthetic grade 5W-50 is available at Ford for the Fiesta. It costs 3600/- here in Chennai for 4 Litres.

I have recently added fully synthetic Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 in my car. The benefits are to be experienced and believed. The engine has become more eager now and more smoother. Regular use of synthetic will only make it more smoother.

@Pr_007, some SA has given the usual dealer's load of BS stuff. All these circular talks regarding use of synthetic oil is simply cooked up! Why would they sell fully synthetic Mobil1 at the dealership then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Thanks Ana. By the way, my dealership told me that Mobil 1 (or any other synthetic oil) is ONLY recommended for the Ford Ikon by Ford, which is why they stock it.
Using synth oil in the Fiesta is not recommended by them.
What could be the issue? Is it too much damage in the long run? We need to weigh this!
I too heard from my SA that Ford does not recommend synthetic oil for the Fiesta and that all dealers have been asked not to stock Mobil synthetic oil any longer. It appears many users reported knocking sounds from the engine.

But Anachronix's experience has been encouraging. I did not take a risk and stuck to stock oil.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:08   #529
Senior - BHPian

^^ I got inspiration from the Sathee46's Fiesta 1.6S since he has been using Shell Helix Ultra from 10K KMs. The difference is to be experienced, the engine feels butter smooth even if its redlined and throttle response is amazing.

I checked with the SA to find out more in detail about why the synthetic oil was not recommended, he mentioned the TDCi to be having some problem when synthetic oils are used and to be on the safer side Ford has started advicing against the use of synthetic oil for the Petrol as well. Well, I am trying to verify this fact from RSM for Chennai as well.
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2010, 20:07   #530
Senior - BHPian

Back from a good service, that did a world of good for her.
Following are the costs:
1. 10W30 Engine Oil: 4.5 Litres - Rs. 683.55
2. New Air filter: Rs. 231
3. SHOCKINGLY, 2 brand new Rear Shock Absorbers!-- FOC but bewildering! She's just done 9.7k and they changed the shocks. They said they were emitting some form of noise. Alarming, as I wonder what will happen when warranty is over.
4. Air Bag Control Module: Which was the reason for the Airbag check light. Was replaced. FOC.

the failure of 2 major components in one year (rear shocks and airbag control module) has alarmed me.
But the drive just reassures me again. And again. She MOVES!

Anyway, you win some, you lose some. LOL. I am a happy man in the end.

Good service from Bhavna, and fabulous support from the RSM. I am beaming once again!
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 00:49   #531
BHPian

Rear shock absorbers changed. What's so surprising about it?
How much torture could they have handled from that mighty w12Gti sub?

LOL!
But, seriously, it does sound strange!

And does Mobil1 fully synthetic cost 3600 for 4 litres??

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 24th November 2010 at 00:50.
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 22:40   #532
Senior - BHPian

Yes, about 3500-3600 for 4 litres.
Old 21st December 2010, 13:39   #533
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10

Dad said to remove the filter :-(
HE doesn't like the growl. It upsets him because he likes everything stock!
It's out now, and up on sale.
Oh I am so going to regret this!
Old 21st December 2010, 14:27   #534
BHPian

Default Re: frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10

Rear shocks going kaput so soon is surprising indeed. The front was a more likely candidate if your car has really seen some rough terrain or hard driving. Any as it was done in warranty everything is good.

Last edited by SPARKled : 21st December 2010 at 14:30.
SPARKled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2010, 14:35   #535
Senior - BHPian

No hard terrain, no rough driving. Could have been some noise which was uncurable. 'Shocked' me too ;-)
Old 21st December 2010, 14:38   #536
BHPian

Hey Frank, have you installed the K&N filter on your fiesta?? If yes, please post a detailed review on it.
Pr_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2011, 19:06   #537
Senior - BHPian

My car has completed 16 months and done 10926 km.

Yesterday I decided to send her for her annual wax and polish job along with interior detailing and valeting and she came back shining!!!!!
Another pending job left was to strip the 'crap' sun-film that came free of cost on the car (courtesy Shaman Ford) and replace it with 'real' sun-film.
The windows are now considerably darker and this has added to the looks of the car.
In the last few months, I also happened to get an SLR camera and always intended to go down and take a few good shots of the car. This was the best time to do it, especially since she was shining even more than she did when she came out of the showroom.
I've taken over 200 photographs in my juvenile excitement, but decided to pick about 70 odd of those. I still haven't got a hang of the settings of the camera, but I tried my best to get some decent ones.
Presenting to you, My Fiesta S after 16 months of romance
Attached Thumbnails
frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0493-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0494-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0495-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0497-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0500-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0501-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0502-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0503-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0505-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0506-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0507-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0509-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0510-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0512-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0514-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0517-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0518-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0519-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0521-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0522-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0523-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0526-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0529-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0531-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0532-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0533-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0535-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0537-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0538-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0539-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Old 1st January 2011, 19:18   #538
Senior - BHPian

Some more of her ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0540-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0543-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0544-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0545-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0547-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0548-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0550-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0555-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0561-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0562-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0564-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0565-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0570-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0571-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0573-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0579-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0583-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0590-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0592-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0595-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0598-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0599-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0601-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0605-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0613-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0614-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0615-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0616-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0634-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0635-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Old 1st January 2011, 19:24   #539
Senior - BHPian

The last of this time's set.
Attached Thumbnails
frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0636-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0639-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0642-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0643-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0644-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0645-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0646-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0647-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0648-desktop-resolution.jpg  

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-dsc_0650-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Old 1st January 2011, 20:13   #540
Senior - BHPian

Woooaaahh!! Seems like a flood!
Looks pretty good after 10k kms!

Just a suggestion frank: Take her out and shoot in the open next time. Maybe at dusk or dawn! Photos will be immensely better plus you will get a hang of your new cam as well!

All the best
Dry Ice is online now   Reply With Quote