Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2009, 18:21   #121
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: On The Net
Posts: 302
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
Shaju,

arent the first 2 services supposed to be free? how come there is a cost assocaited with 2nd service?
Labor costs are free, consumables (oil, oil filter) aren't free.
pmbabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 18:22   #122
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,678
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

What is meant by a free service ? According to my little understanding, all dealers wave off the labour charge, nothing else. Oil changes, lubricants, filters etc are all charged. Correct me if I am mistaken.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 18:23   #123
Untouchables09
 
Posts: n/a
Default

raamki - congrats dude. you'll now find innovative excuses to grab the keys to take her for a spin! That driving pleasure this Ford machine is all about.
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 18:32   #124
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
What is meant by a free service ? According to my little understanding, all dealers wave off the labour charge, nothing else. Oil changes, lubricants, filters etc are all charged. Correct me if I am mistaken.
Yes correct, thats what my dealer guy told me means every FREE service
there will be an Invoice which we will have to pay. Nothing free from them other than the labor
Thanks
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 19:26   #125
BHPian
 
raamki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 362
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
Wouldnt the EW cover it - esp if the tyres are not changed and are OEMs?
Nope, according to the ford website, the EW only covers all mechanical and electrical failures including labor for the repairs. Says nothing about the tires. My suggestion, get a hold of someone at Ford Customer Care (Call Center) and talk to them about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
What is meant by a free service ? According to my little understanding, all dealers wave off the labour charge, nothing else. Oil changes, lubricants, filters etc are all charged. Correct me if I am mistaken.
spot on, except that the SSP takes care of any charges that may arise out of the service including the ones for oil change/labor, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchables09 View Post
raamki - congrats dude. you'll now find innovative excuses to grab the keys to take her for a spin! That driving pleasure this Ford machine is all about.
cannot agree with you more, thanks!!
raamki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 10:43   #126
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
Nope, according to the ford website, the EW only covers all mechanical and electrical failures including labor for the repairs. Says nothing about the tires. My suggestion, get a hold of someone at Ford Customer Care (Call Center) and talk to them about it.



spot on, except that the SSP takes care of any charges that may arise out of the service including the ones for oil change/labor, etc.



cannot agree with you more, thanks!!

+

See Owner's manual - first free service coupon

written there in small letter as under

* only labour free. The cost of consumables to be borne by the customer.

similar note there on 2nd free service coupon.

Is there anything we can argue on this?
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 15:30   #127
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 200
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+

See Owner's manual - first free service coupon

written there in small letter as under

* only labour free. The cost of consumables to be borne by the customer.

similar note there on 2nd free service coupon.

Is there anything we can argue on this?
Not really - no arguments here. even i confirmed this with my dealer. Infact he told me that in the 1st service, they generally don't replace anything (consumables i mean) - they just check and clean the car.

Reg SSP, dealer informed that Ford has come up with a new SSP scheme. The 5 yr SSP costs Rs. 27K (v/s TMP for 3 yrs @ Rs. 35K). He said that SSP is available for 1,2,3 and 4 yrs also. He is sending me the details of the same.

Will keep you posted

Thanks
ashishgandhi_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 10:56   #128
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

SSp- (special Service package?)
But need to see if everything(including labor) is covered in this Package.
Already paid upto 4th year (extended warranty) and if one has to take SSP also then it becomes doublt service package and what in return we get from them.
Please spare the information when you get it from your dealer.
Thanks
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2009, 14:38   #129
BHPian
 
raamki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 362
Thanked: 34 Times
Default 2000 KMs update!

Okay, an outstation road trip always gets me super excited, more than soaking in the festivity spirit, i was so damn eager to get behind the wheels of the fiesta which i had not driven in the last 3 weeks, lol!!

decided to make a trip to Chennai to spend diwali with my grandparents over the weekend. 1920 on the ODO, left very early in the morning yesterday, at about 4:30am to beat the traffic on the silk board-hosur stretch and was I glad!! Reached Krishnagiri, my first pitstop (A2B) in no time really!! 5:40AM and they were'nt open yet, no Tea even!!

Hopped in and drove off looking for another decent place to stop for breakfast!! All along, I am very careful of not revving her over 3000 rpm, doing a steady 100-110 kmph. Around 7am, a quick glance at her ODO brings a huge grin on my face , shez way past the magic figure!! The road ahead seemed like a really long empty straight stretch too!! I quickly ask Wifey to belt up (she has no clue why) and once she was done, i hit the gas pedal!! tell you what, it's an awesome feeling to simply watch that needle on the RPM indicator climb!! I went as far as 160kmph @ 4000rpm and stayed there for a good 3-4 minutes before sanity prevailed. No vibrations, no niggles and no unusual noises throughout! absolutely loved every bit of that 'REV', makes me feel so proud of the fiesta!! she's one hell of a beauty to drive man!!

anyway, we did stop over for breakfast in Ranipet around 7:45am and one more stop later, we reach Chennai at around 9:30am, my fastest trip ever, in terms of time! Thanks to very less traffic and the quality of the roads (absolutely loved driving on the 4 laned toll'd highway right from Blr to Mas, hats off to NHAOI for constructing/maintaining fabulous roads!! , such a pleasure to drive on really!!)

2290 on the ODO right now and I have a return trip to make, back to Bangalore tomorrow which am already looking forward to!!

Will update on the mileage after making the return trip, but looks like it's giving around 15-16 on the highway with 100% AC, which i am hoping is decent.

Signing off for now, Gone fida at 4000 RPM!! take care folks!

Last edited by raamki : 18th October 2009 at 14:42.
raamki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2009, 14:49   #130
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Bangalore chennai roads are super. Looks like Runaway-a paradise to drive
Saving lot of driving time and fuel.
Great !
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 18:25   #131
BHPian
 
yajaman99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 127 Times
Default

@raamki - Great to hear the long drive was a good one. 15 -16 km/l sounds good to me on the highway. I am currently getting aroudn 10.3km/l in the city with the A/C on. 160Km/hr Rocking.

Go Fida
yajaman99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 20:48   #132
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,678
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Ram Ram Ki Ki, I get supercharged whenever someone tells me about long drives, so far I have been very unlucky to make a good long drive and even see the speedo crossing 120kmph till today.

Awaiting eagerly to get your final input whatever you have gathered through this drive. Sometimes I feel our cars have got its own brains that can think well. My fiesta might be thinking, "this bugger has bought me and kept me in parking for no use, when will I get to see some non-stop long roads ?".

Unfortunately I cancelled my kerala drive twice due to not feeling well and being on anti-biotics. I would have gone by any chance, if it was not an irritating boil on the wrong side of the body. Imagine sitting on a boil and driving 1200 kms ? I have lived in 5 different states and 2 different countries, why only Bangalore gives painful boils ? I think we should have a meet for members with boils before the fiesta meet !
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 09:30   #133
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Get well soon and run with your flying machine to places !
All the best.
Cheers
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 15:05   #134
BHPian
 
rajeshvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 199
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
I went as far as 160kmph @ 4000rpm and stayed there for a good 3-4 minutes before sanity prevailed. No vibrations, no niggles and no unusual noises throughout! absolutely loved every bit of that 'REV', makes me feel so proud of the fiesta!! she's one hell of a beauty to drive man!!
Signing off for now, Gone fida at 4000 RPM!! take care folks!
Hi Raamki, how you found the steering feedback above 120 kmph, personally I found perfect steering feedback till 120 kmph but above 120 kmph (just for experiment I tried till 140 kmph on four lane for few minutes, personally I prefer to drive between 80 - 100 kmph), I found steering becoming light and wobble in steering. The car was composed on road but steering feedback was not confidence inspiring.

Thanks.
rajeshvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 17:05   #135
BHPian
 
raamki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 362
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Bangalore chennai roads are super. Looks like Runaway-a paradise to drive
Saving lot of driving time and fuel.
Great !
cannot agree with you more, absolute pleasure to drive on, i tell you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
@raamki - Great to hear the long drive was a good one. 15 -16 km/l sounds good to me on the highway. I am currently getting aroudn 10.3km/l in the city with the A/C on. 160Km/hr Rocking.

Go Fida
10kmph in city is alright i guess, considering the bumper-bumper traffic everywhere these days thanks to namma metro!!

looks like we're getting around the same figure as well in city, maybe a little more because Dad drives her without AC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
My fiesta might be thinking, "this bugger has bought me and kept me in parking for no use, when will I get to see some non-stop long roads ?".
or maybe, it must be saying to my car, "look at my owner, he gives me a swanky new pair of sock and shoes, a new set of speakers and woofers, a my-shaldon car perfume", and look at your owner, all he does is take you on drives and gives you nothing in return, lol.

the best way to burst that bubble is to turn up the volume on your blaupunkt to max, jump up and down on the seat like a little kid, POP and its gone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Hi Raamki, how you found the steering feedback above 120 kmph, personally I found perfect steering feedback till 120 kmph but above 120 kmph (just for experiment I tried till 140 kmph on four lane for few minutes, personally I prefer to drive between 80 - 100 kmph), I found steering becoming light and wobble in steering. The car was composed on road but steering feedback was not confidence inspiring.

Thanks.
rajesh, the car was glued to the road @ 160/4000rpm, i did not feel any vibrations or jerk in the steering as such, it's really got a fantastic road grip! the only reason i dropped back down to 110kmph average was for the fear of some bafoon going across the road! even the brakes, boy; ABS is surely a winner and a must have!!
raamki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Platinum Beast - Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXi - 3 year / 32,000 kms done ghodlur Long-Term Ownership Reviews 189 18th June 2013 12:10
Ford Fiesta 1.4D ZXi Ownership Woes. EDIT : REPLACEMENT FIESTA. Pics on Pg. 5 Mad Monkey Long-Term Ownership Reviews 105 3rd March 2010 15:26
Platinum Beauty has Arrived - Fiesta 1.6 ZXI Moonraker Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 49 23rd November 2009 20:26
Tested & Ripped:Ford Fiesta 1.6S Duratec...surely FIDA!!!(with alot of detailed pics) katalysm76 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 56 20th October 2009 23:09
My First Car- Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI P (Platinum) -1000 km Review kanchan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 11 15th July 2008 23:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:32.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks