Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 1st February 2010, 21:11   #166
Senior - BHPian

Hi del guy,

This sound is quite o.k. Some times just lower your window glasses and drive in 80 plus speed you will find a different sound which you might suspect a puncture or a wobling. So there is not a problem of Bearing. Go ahead. Your mileage is a good one for petrol. My diesel also I get 21 or 22 in long drive and 17 to 18 in City
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 22:58   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Apart from the long drive in the city i got a mileage of 13.3kmpl in moderate traffic.
For the VXI This is a good start and it will settle down as time goes by.

Quote:
Hope my ritz is ok. But was surprised to find a strange sound when the car rolls. After enquiring with the MASS they said that this sound is even there in Alto , Swift, Swift Dezire so no need to worry. The sound is just of tyre roll on the road. Found this strange because my santro makes no such noise!!... pls if any one can this this noise is abnormal... I am suspecting bearing noice...but am not sure how can this happen with a brand new car..
Most likely its Tyre sound. If my assumption is right, they are JK tyres. Once the tyres become a little old the sound will also reduce.

What tyres do you have on the Santro ?

Too early for bearings to breakdown.

God bless.....
soccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 10:29   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer View Post
For the VXI This is a good start and it will settle down as time goes by.

Most likely its Tyre sound. If my assumption is right, they are JK tyres. Once the tyres become a little old the sound will also reduce.

What tyres do you have on the Santro ?

Too early for bearings to breakdown.

God bless.....
Spot on..the tyres are JK tyres in my Ritz. Ihave bridgestone in my Santro...very soon i will upload pics of my car...
Recently we are planning for another long drive in april 2010 : Kolkata - Puri - Kolkata (4 days.). any suggestions are welcome.
Even if anyone have any spots in mind that can be visited from Kolkata (only one concern - roads have to be very good).. pls suggest..
delix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 16:36   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by delix View Post
Spot on..the tyres are JK tyres in my Ritz. Ihave bridgestone in my Santro...very soon i will upload pics of my car...
Recently we are planning for another long drive in april 2010 : Kolkata - Puri - Kolkata (4 days.). any suggestions are welcome.
Since its a fairly long trip you may have that extra bit of luggage. Suggest that you place the suitcase vertically and strap them with 3" wide cloth tape all around the rear seats. this will work as seat belts for the luggage and prevent them from moving and jumping on bad roads and speed breakers. Also this way, you will notice a whole lot more space for other small bags. I think I have photograph of luggage loaded this way. Shall locate and put it up here. Small flat bags can also be put under the seats. The pull out drawer under the co-passenger seat is a great place to keep papper tissues. The front door pads can hold 1 litre water bottles + a couple of tupper ware glasses.

Have a save and enjoyable trip and make sure that you pray for all of us.

God bless.....
soccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 21:31   #170
BHPian

Default com paint update

Guys finally tried the com -paint on my car. It was the Blue blaze color. Unfortunately did not hve my digi cam, took it from my mobile camera. But I would say its a Thumbs Up....
Attached Thumbnails
Racing Green Suzuki Ritz Zxi-before.jpg  

Racing Green Suzuki Ritz Zxi-after.jpg  

funnyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 19:37   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Guys finally tried the com -paint on my car. It was the Blue blaze color. Unfortunately did not hve my digi cam, took it from my mobile camera. But I would say its a Thumbs Up....
from the pics, the paint job looks good. Can you please post high resolution pictures from a regular digital camera?

Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 20:08   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
from the pics, the paint job looks good. Can you please post high resolution pictures from a regular digital camera?

Nikhil

For sure buddy,
The trick is with the spray technique. It has to be a swing movement If the cut is deep then you can try some putty and later the com spray cos the spray will not close the cut. It will only get sprayed on it.

This is best for all the small niggling scratches we get on our cars. The colour did match . But the first time I sprayed it a little close to it and it got darker , but later maintained about 6-8 inch distance and it worked like a charm. today i applied top cut solution and later my car polish ... scratches were history. I also applied it on the bumpers.

Last edited by funnyguru : 8th February 2010 at 20:09. Reason: Verbiage change
Old 9th February 2010, 13:28   #173
BHPian

yeah..It looks okay, But please upload so,e good resolution pics.

Guys, I am hearing a thud sound when I break hard, What could this sound be ?
del.guy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 13:46   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by del.guy22 View Post
Guys, I am hearing a thud sound when I break hard, What could this sound be ?
Me too. The sound comes from the engine bay I guess. I forgot to ask about this during first service and was about to post this in my ownership thread.

Last edited by Gandhi : 9th February 2010 at 14:03.
Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 13:54   #175
BHPian

If both are the ZXI versions I could be something to do with the ABS I think, cos I do not have any issues on the VXI.
Old 11th February 2010, 20:35   #176
BHPian

Default Going in for 2nd service

Fatbottom will be going in for the second service this Saturday
Apart from the scheduled jobs like oil change, filter change etc, I will also be going in for an underbody coat to reduce road noise.

Car has done close to 5000 kms since I purchased it in Aug 2009. I will update my service experience with the costs incurred.

Drive safe.

Nikhil
Old 11th February 2010, 20:46   #177
BHPian

Did you change oil and filter during your first service?. I thought it was nt needed for a petrol version
Old 11th February 2010, 20:50   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Apart from the scheduled jobs like oil change, filter change etc, I will also be going in for an underbody coat to reduce road noise.
Hi Nikhil, please let me know the costs for underbody coat, how much time does it take to complete the process? Which brand the workshop has used? Does it really cut down the noise? My Ritz is also due for underbody coat.
gaddiwale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 21:39   #179
ada
BHPian

If you really want to cut noise, changing tyres is better option then underbody coat. I have done underbody coat, but the noise reduction is very less. JK tyres are known for their noise.
ada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 19:16   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
If you really want to cut noise, changing tyres is better option then underbody coat. I have done underbody coat, but the noise reduction is very less. JK tyres are known for their noise.
Thanks Ada for the info. I will check out with the Service Advisor for any alternatives to sound deadening in the car. Right now I have a Jugaad in place which is kind of chalta hai. On a day when I am frustrated, the road noise really goes to my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Did you change oil and filter during your first service?. I thought it was nt needed for a petrol version
Oil was not changed during the first service. With the KB engine, it is not done @ the first service.

As said, I will update the thread with my service experience, costs etc.

Nikhil