Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th March 2010, 16:43   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by del.guy22 View Post
I just went for side rubber mouldings and bumper guard. Too this decision after I parked the car in a parking the space was so less between teo parks that your car door will definitely be banged by the other when coming out.

Bought it from local shop. Rs 250 for side mouldings and Rs 350 for bumper guards.

Also, would be going for Llumar 50% sunfilm, I hope its legal.

Hi Buddy.
Good to get the mouldings and bumper ,,, "you never know" what will happen otherwise.

Llumar is a good choice and yes 50% visibilty is legal on the sides. 70% for the windshield. Are you trying the windshield too?... Its a must with Indian summers I guess.....
funnyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 12:19   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Hi Buddy.
Good to get the mouldings and bumper ,,, "you never know" what will happen otherwise.

Llumar is a good choice and yes 50% visibilty is legal on the sides. 70% for the windshield. Are you trying the windshield too?... Its a must with Indian summers I guess.....

Thanks. Funnyguru, I would say people in India have no driving sense. I do not know how can anyone drive with all the mirrors closed. These are the kind of people who turn anywhere they want to and most of the tme its wrong turn because they can not see anything.

Do you have any idea about the prices of Llumar sunfilm ?
del.guy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 13:19   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Funnyguru, I would say people in India have no driving sense. I do not know how can anyone drive with all the mirrors closed. These are the kind of people who turn anywhere they want to and most of the tme its wrong turn because they can not see anything.

Do you have any idea about the prices of Llumar sunfilm ?
The sunfilms for the side windows should cost around 3k for all windows and the one for the windshield (AIR 75) should be around 6k...This is for Chennai rates. IT will be almost the same.
Old 24th March 2010, 13:39   #199
BHPian

Today I heard a strange sound from AC. Something lie a gas going inside when I switched it on after 2-3 days.

Not sure what this sound was. This was reported by sfunnyguru too.

Any update on this ? Was this sound rectified.

Will get it checked if I hear it again.

Last edited by del.guy22 : 24th March 2010 at 13:42.
Old 24th March 2010, 13:43   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Today I heard a strange sound from AC. Something lie a gas going inside when I switched it on after 2-3 days.

Not sure what this sound was. This was reported by some other members too.

Any update on this ? Was this sound rectified.

It was me! me!!!....

I usually take my car to work only on Friday. So every time I start the car after 2-4 days, the AC compressor pumps the gas harder than when used normally. Hence you will hear that sound. Sometimes you feel it in your legs when you start the car, and hold the clutch - As explained by the MSM guys.
Old 26th March 2010, 03:59   #201
BHPian

The explanation looks weird to me.

Did anyone else notice this ?

Looks like need expert view here.
Old 26th March 2010, 15:55   #202
BHPian

Quote:
The explanation looks weird to me.

Did anyone else notice this ?

Looks like need expert view here.

Probably yes..
Today being a Friday, I took my car to office, after 4 days, started the car,but after 5 mins i switched on the ac, this time, no such sound or vibration.
Old 26th March 2010, 19:53   #203
BHPian

Quote:
It was me! me!!!....

I usually take my car to work only on Friday. So every time I start the car after 2-4 days, the AC compressor pumps the gas harder than when used normally. Hence you will hear that sound. Sometimes you feel it in your legs when you start the car, and hold the clutch - As explained by the MSM guys.
My apologies to the entire community for not responding to any posts. Was deep down in project work.

The hissing sound is caused by the refrigerant passing thru the expansion valve. This sound comes immediately after the AC has been turned on.

This should not cause any alarms.

Nikhil

Last edited by nsbhagwat : 26th March 2010 at 19:59.
nsbhagwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2010, 23:58   #204
BHPian

But Nikhil, haven't heard any such sound from other cars.

Are you sure there is nothing to worry about it.

I am also planning to buy, Polco cover. I heard they arethe best, my car is parked in sun and outside, kids are really after it. Also, is there something to put on front mirror to reduce heat while it is parked. I mean some temporary curtain etc.
Old 29th March 2010, 12:50   #205
BHPian

Quote:
But Nikhil, haven't heard any such sound from other cars.

Are you sure there is nothing to worry about it.

I am also planning to buy, Polco cover. I heard they arethe best, my car is parked in sun and outside, kids are really after it. Also, is there something to put on front mirror to reduce heat while it is parked. I mean some temporary curtain etc.

Hi Buddy,
For the heat that enters from the windshield I bought "Metallic Foil Auto Windshield Reflective Sunshade Visor" from ebay. It was worth the money as a temporary fix. Being in Chennai , I have decided to put 3M sun films next month.
Old 6th April 2010, 13:50   #206
BHPian

I have 2 queries, if somebody can help me out in these:-

1) When i bought my Ritz Vxi on December 2009, i was told from the dealer that the car comes with an underbody coat from the factory itself and no need to go for additional underbody coat. I was just wondering if this is convincng?

2) The decor shops in Kolkata are giving me a quote of around Rs1,200 for Lumar as well as Garawate sunfilms (50% for windows and 70% visibility for rear windscreen). Are they giving the original sunfilms? They are also giving a warrenty of 3 years.
delix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 14:13   #207
BHPian

[quote=delix;1823114]I have 2 queries, if somebody can help me out in these:-

1) When i bought my Ritz Vxi on December 2009, i was told from the dealer that the car comes with an underbody coat from the factory itself and no need to go for additional underbody coat. I was just wondering if this is convincng?

This information is wrong. The factory cars come clean and do not have any additional work done on the exteriors. You can probably see why a lot of dealers suggests the customers to do it before the car delivery.
Old 6th April 2010, 19:21   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delix View Post
I have 2 queries, if somebody can help me out in these:-

During the 1st servicing of my Ritz I was told the same thing by MASS SA. Though apperently it doesn't look like having an underbody coat.
gaddiwale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 19:28   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
During the 1st servicing of my Ritz I was told the same thing by MASS SA. Though apperently it doesn't look like having an underbody coat.

I actually got the underbody cover done at MSM post 2 months of delivery and now I know the difference. Hence Iam sure its not factory done.
Old 6th April 2010, 19:42   #210
BHPian

Quote:
I actually got the underbody cover done at MSM post 2 months of delivery and now I know the difference. Hence Iam sure its not factory done.
How much MASS charged for underbody coat? And how much time does it takes?
gaddiwale is offline   Reply With Quote