Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 7th April 2010, 00:01   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
How much MASS charged for underbody coat? And how much time does it takes?
It was Rs 1250. 3year free check up..and it took an hours time.
funnyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 19:18   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
I actually got the underbody cover done at MSM post 2 months of delivery and now I know the difference. Hence Iam sure its not factory done.
Funny Guru,

After the underbody coating, to what extent was the road noise filtering in the cabin reduced? I am in two minds, I want to do the coating but Chowgule MASS has categorically stated that it does no good in terms of in cabin NVH.

Please let know.

Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 19:55   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Funny Guru,

After the underbody coating, to what extent was the road noise filtering in the cabin reduced? I am in two minds, I want to do the coating but Chowgule MASS has categorically stated that it does no good in terms of in cabin NVH.

Please let know.

Nikhil
Hi Bhaqwat,
I do not have any difference with respect to cabin noise. The anti-corrosion treatment has no connection with the reduction of cabin NVH. It is a basic protection of the underbody parts from getting rusted.
Old 8th April 2010, 18:58   #214
BHPian

Default Underbody treatment

Hi Bhagwat and Funnyguru,

Thanks for starting this query.My sales person at Chowgule has quoted me Rs. 6500/- for underbody coat and is ready to give me discount of Rs. 2500/- i.e I have to pay Rs. 3500/-.

I am confused now as you are saying it will cost Rs 1250/- then are they ripping money from my pocket?

Please help.
siddharthp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 12:25   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthp View Post
Hi Bhagwat and Funnyguru,

Thanks for starting this query.My sales person at Chowgule has quoted me Rs. 6500/- for underbody coat and is ready to give me discount of Rs. 2500/- i.e I have to pay Rs. 3500/-.

I am confused now as you are saying it will cost Rs 1250/- then are they ripping money from my pocket?

Please help.

If MSM does it for Rs 1250 and found it is adequate for its customers, there is no point in going for ones that are Rs 3500. I also have free check ups over a period of 3 years. So look out for other options.
Old 9th April 2010, 14:50   #216
BHPian

Default Underbody coating for Ritz

Dear Funnyguru,

Thanks for prompt reply.Today, I checked with Wonder Cars@Hinjewadi-Pune for the price lsit.They also offer Underbody coat at 3200/-.It is 3M make and takes 60 mins with warranty of 5 years.

So, hen which one did you get for 1250/-No dealer is mentioning about the same.

Sid
siddharthp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 16:08   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthp View Post
Dear Funnyguru,

Thanks for prompt reply.Today, I checked with Wonder Cars@Hinjewadi-Pune for the price lsit.They also offer Underbody coat at 3200/-.It is 3M make and takes 60 mins with warranty of 5 years.

So, hen which one did you get for 1250/-No dealer is mentioning about the same.

Sid
Ok, 3M treatment is costlier and yes its around 3k in Chennai as well. The one I got done was Maruti affiliated company. Forgot the name. Will check the warranty card and let u know
Old 23rd April 2010, 12:48   #218
BHPian

Any updates on the noise that was coming when switching the AC on ? Did someone researched on this ? Whey is this spund coming in Ritz ?
del.guy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 14:29   #219
BHPian

Default 1000 Kms ride for fat bottom

Fat bottom recently went out for a 1000 kms spin in the Kokan region.

The route traversed was Pune kolhapur Panhala Uttoor Aajara Amboli Sawantwadi Vengurla and back. Total distance travelled was 1000 kms in 5 days. It was a flawless performance by Fat Bottom. Overall mileage returned in these 1000 kms was 20 kms to a ltr. Given that 80% of my driving was in the ghats of Kokan region, I am very please with the mileage returned.

I will be uploading the pictures in a day or two.

Nikhil

Last edited by nsbhagwat : 29th April 2010 at 14:31. Reason: added text.
Old 29th April 2010, 14:57   #220
BHPian

Quote:

The route traversed was Pune kolhapur Panhala Uttoor Aajara Amboli Sawantwadi Vengurla and back. Total distance travelled was 1000 kms in 5 days. It was a flawless performance by Fat Bottom. Overall mileage returned in these 1000 kms was 20 kms to a ltr. Given that 80% of my driving was in the ghats of Kokan region, I am very please with the mileage returned.

Nikhil
Wow, 20kms for Petrol is amazing. Fat bottom is improving your bottomline
nurni76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 15:48   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Overall mileage returned in these 1000 kms was 20 kms to a ltr. Given that 80% of my driving was in the ghats of Kokan region, I am very please with the mileage returned.
Nikhil, thats fantastic mileage! What were the average speeds you were doing ?
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 19:18   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Nikhil, thats fantastic mileage! What were the average speeds you were doing ?
70 kmph was the average speed maintained and I never exceeded 90. In the ghat sections, since road had sparse traffic, I could maintain 50 kmph on upward gradient. Driving constantly in 5th gear, I maintained engine rpm @ 2000 not exceeding 2500 rpm.

Nikhil

Last edited by nsbhagwat : 29th April 2010 at 19:21.
Old 30th April 2010, 17:58   #223
BHPian

Quote:

Nikhil
Great mileage and even greater driving discipline! Pune - Kolhapur is a fairly straight and decent drive, its later that the ghats start (other than Khambatki)- am I right? Also noticed that you narrowly missed Goa!

How did u find the seat comfort during a long drive? I noticed that its quite bench like and bumpy especially on uneven roads. Maybe because I was travelling light. What tyre pressure did u keep throughout? How was the A/C cooling during the afternoons at the rear seats?
Zen2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2010, 20:14   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen2001 View Post
Great mileage and even greater driving discipline! Pune - Kolhapur is a fairly straight and decent drive, its later that the ghats start (other than Khambatki)- am I right? Also noticed that you narrowly missed Goa!

How did u find the seat comfort during a long drive? I noticed that its quite bench like and bumpy especially on uneven roads. Maybe because I was travelling light. What tyre pressure did u keep throughout? How was the A/C cooling during the afternoons at the rear seats?
Apart from the Khambatki ghats, the road is fairly even. Maintaining a constant speed is easy.

I would have loved to travel to Goa but time constraints prevented me. The rear seats must be very comfortable cuz a few very demanding people (read that as wife and kid) did not complain of seating discomfort. As for the drivers seat, I found it wanting on lower back support for long journey's. But overall seat is comfortable.

I maintained recommended tyre pressure of 29 psi. I kept the blower setting on 3 or 4 most of the time. The cooling is a little less during extreme heat like that of Kolhapur. Blower setting 2 does not suffice. The low cooling may also be due to the fact that windows on my car are not tinted. I will be doing that during this extended weekend (monday is holiday for May 1)

Nikhil
Old 30th April 2010, 23:18   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Apart from the Khambatki ghats, the road is fairly even. Maintaining a constant speed is easy.

I would have loved to travel to Goa but time constraints prevented me. The rear seats must be very comfortable cuz a few very demanding people (read that as wife and kid) did not complain of seating discomfort. As for the drivers seat, I found it wanting on lower back support for long journey's. But overall seat is comfortable.

I maintained recommended tyre pressure of 29 psi. I kept the blower setting on 3 or 4 most of the time. The cooling is a little less during extreme heat like that of Kolhapur. Blower setting 2 does not suffice. The low cooling may also be due to the fact that windows on my car are not tinted. I will be doing that during this extended weekend (monday is holiday for May 1)

Nikhil
Thanks for the info. As I'm used to "throwing" my Zen around all kinds of roads, I found the Ritz's seats & suspension a bit hard for my taste. Thats purely from the driver seat; have NEVER sat in the rear in either car! Due to the larger glass area, the cabin heats up a lot faster in summers (& takes longer to cool too). Good quality sunfilm (especially including the windscreen) might help. Another thing is the direction of the blower vents - I find them really hard to adjust for that optimum blast without freezing my fingers on the wheel.

And monday holiday for May 1; nothing better, eh?

Last edited by Zen2001 : 30th April 2010 at 23:19.
Zen2001 is offline   Reply With Quote