Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 1st June 2010, 22:13   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
True as Gandhi mentioned. Your optimal gear change RPM range is 1500 to 2500, i always upshift gears at 2000 RPM, meaning 5th gear at 60k.
True. 4th to 5th shift works optimally @ 2000RPM, depending on road factors (incline/decline); this is my observation with 2 adults and no luggage.
Zen2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 15:30   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
The car delivers between 13 to 14 (depends on my mood ) in city with full time AC. Recently went out on a 1000 km trip. The car returned a combined mileage of 22 kmpl.
My Swift ZXi (with the same engine) , returned 13.5 kmpl on her first tankful with 70% city and 30% highway driving with 100% AC.
I hope it goes up somewhat after the first servicing and even reaches your levels eventually .
What was the tyre pressure you had maintained on the highway ?
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 17:58   #243
BHPian

Default Ritz Auto lock

Hi Guys,
I remember when you start the car and travel beyond 20kms, the door locks automatically . However recently I see that even after travelling for long, the doors do not lock automatiically. I need to manually lock it.

Anything went wrong?...
funnyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 19:14   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,
I remember when you start the car and travel beyond 20kms, the door locks automatically . However recently I see that even after travelling for long, the doors do not lock automatiically. I need to manually lock it.

Anything went wrong?...
I don't think that is a feature. It works only manually. Anyway, whats the sense in autolocking after travelling for 20 km? Most city trips are less than that distance. Or did u mean 20km/hr? Even in that case, its not true.
Old 18th June 2010, 19:57   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen2001 View Post
I don't think that is a feature. It works only manually. Anyway, whats the sense in autolocking after travelling for 20 km? Most city trips are less than that distance. Or did u mean 20km/hr? Even in that case, its not true.

Hey, its 20km/hr,, btw my friend has a Ritzy and it does get locked when he moves beyond 20km/hr, not sure maybe becos he has auto cop installed
Old 19th June 2010, 08:33   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, its 20km/hr,, btw my friend has a Ritzy and it does get locked when he moves beyond 20km/hr, not sure maybe becos he has auto cop installed
Yes, it is a feature. At least in the ZXi model where the central locking is tightly integrated with the car. It locks all the doors once the speed goes beyond 20 KM/hr. It gets unlocked automatically whenever you remove the key from ignition switch.
Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2010, 21:15   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Yes, it is a feature. At least in the ZXi model where the central locking is tightly integrated with the car. It locks all the doors once the speed goes beyond 20 KM/hr. It gets unlocked automatically whenever you remove the key from ignition switch.
Yes. This feature is there in the Ritz VDi too.
gaddiwale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 21:24   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
Yes. This feature is there in the Ritz VDi too.
I understand ritz Vdi doesn't come with remote locking and it comes only with manual lock with central locking and we can't install ritz Zxi's remote lock with sensors (that's what i was told by dealer) So i had to install the basic MGA nippon remote lock minus sensors, no key less entry. Just lock/unlock using remote and it warns only if door is forced up when it is locked, no intrusion warning though.

In Ritzie, i find that once we turn on ignition (not start engine) after about 15 to 20 secs all doors lock themselves BUT if you start the vehicle before this process completes, it won't lock all doors even if you start moving the car, we have to manually lock all doors from driver side control. Even the range seems less, it remote works only from about 12 feet from car
vaas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 18:04   #249
BHPian

It gets me confused,, I have a Xenos keyless entry installed, not sure if the autolock (inside) doesnt work if a third party auto lock is installed.
Old 27th June 2010, 20:42   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaas2000 View Post
I understand ritz Vdi doesn't come with remote locking and it comes only with manual lock with central locking and we can't install ritz Zxi's remote lock with sensors (that's what i was told by dealer) So i had to install the basic MGA nippon remote lock minus sensors, no key less entry. Just lock/unlock using remote and it warns only if door is forced up when it is locked, no intrusion warning though.

In Ritzie, i find that once we turn on ignition (not start engine) after about 15 to 20 secs all doors lock themselves BUT if you start the vehicle before this process completes, it won't lock all doors even if you start moving the car, we have to manually lock all doors from driver side control. Even the range seems less, it remote works only from about 12 feet from car
Tried that in the Vxi. Kept ignition on without starting the car. No auto lock even after 1 minute. Mind you, it's the stock Vxi without any additional remote locking.
Old 27th June 2010, 23:39   #251
BHPian

You guys are managing some excellent fuel efficiency figure's. My Ritz LXI never gave me anything above 11.83 kmpl using the normal tankful to tankful method.
The best I got was some 16 kmpl but that I got after brimming the tank driving it for about 40 km and then brimming it again. This happened on the day I bought the car.
In most cases the figure would hover between 10.5-11.5 kmpl (100% city & 100% a/c) in New Delhi.
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 17:12   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
My Swift ZXi (with the same engine) , returned 13.5 kmpl on her first tankful with 70% city and 30% highway driving with 100% AC.
I hope it goes up somewhat after the first servicing and even reaches your levels eventually .
What was the tyre pressure you had maintained on the highway ?
Sorry for the very very late reply.

The mileage figures will definitely improve if driving discipline is maintained. I maintain tyre pressure of 30 PSI always.
nsbhagwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 23:25   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Tried that in the Vxi. Kept ignition on without starting the car. No auto lock even after 1 minute. Mind you, it's the stock Vxi without any additional remote locking.

I understand Vxi/VDI don't come with remote lock. Just central locking and key. We need to install remote lock additionally. Mine has MGA nippon's basic remote lock (mentioned in ritz accessories brochure) It doesn't have sensors etc. Mine locks with just ignition on as i had mentioned in my earlier post.
vaas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 08:10   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Gen,
It is true when the car reaches 20km speed per hour it automatically locks up. But the remote locking should be of NIPPON with MGA. If some one fits other brands I am not sure it works so or not.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 19:14   #255
BHPian

Default 3rd service @ 8900 kms

Fat Bottom went in for a third service @ 8900 kms this Saturday 7/17. Total cost of service Rs 1400 including labour. Delivered the car @ noon and picked up the next day (Sunday) same time. Maruti service wins

This service saw a change in engine oil, oil filter, AC maintenance like condenser cleaning, engine tuning.

The MASS (on my instructions) also added foam inserts into the door panels to stop the occasional rattling sounds. So far so good. I also charged up the tyres with nitrogen and this has seemed to quiten down the tyres.

I drove in the car a month earlier for service since planning to go on a long trip in August. I will update you all regarding the rattling in coming weeks.

Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   Reply With Quote