Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 21st July 2010, 14:56   #256
BHPian

Great to hear fatbottom got serviced!.. What engine oil was used by MASS... Do u find any diff in AC cooling post the service?
funnyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 19:23   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Great to hear fatbottom got serviced!.. What engine oil was used by MASS... Do u find any diff in AC cooling post the service?
I did not ask the service engineer. I will check the invoice if something is mentioned on it or check with the technician.

Pune right now is pretty cool so can't ascertain improvements to cooling.

Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010, 01:51   #258
Senior - BHPian

The MASS (on my instructions) also added foam inserts into the door panels to stop the occasional rattling sounds. So far so good. I also charged up the tyres with nitrogen and this has seemed to quiten down the tyres.
Nikhil[/quote]

nsbhagwatji,

Nice to see you after some time. So you have inserted foam into the door panel and you say it is doing well. I was waiting for some one's report on it. Mine also giving some rattling when the door glasses are lowered. The next query is how much did they charge for Foam insert. Nice to see your limited usage where as mine is 30k. Tyre are giving noise. Thinking of using the JK for another 5k. Nitrogen filled tyres are not getting heated up.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 22:18   #259
BHPian

Default Happy first anniversary Fat Bottom

Fat Bottom completes first year tomorrow . A year gone by so fast.
Old 23rd August 2010, 22:51   #260
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations! Please do a write up of your one year experience.

I recently bought one for a friend, an old foreigner lady who is staying here. A diesel variants, VDi.
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 13:19   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post

Congrats Bhagwat on the first anniversary. Take her to a good car botique and make her look glamorous. thats the best gift you can give her
funnyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 00:58   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi
Congratulation on the first anniversary. I follow you and complete soon in September.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 15:36   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats! Time surely flies! Do get her a car spa treatment to mark the anniversary
vaas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 18:27   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Congratulations! Please do a write up of your one year experience.

I recently bought one for a friend, an old foreigner lady who is staying here. A diesel variants, VDi.
Thank you all for the wishes. I will soon put up my year long experiences, the negatives, positives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Congrats Bhagwat on the first anniversary. Take her to a good car botique and make her look glamorous. thats the best gift you can give her
Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Hi
Congratulation on the first anniversary. I follow you and complete soon in September.
Bouquet in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaas2000 View Post
Congrats! Time surely flies! Do get her a car spa treatment to mark the anniversary
This saturday or sunday will surely do that.

Nikhil
Old 8th September 2010, 15:14   #265
BHPian

Hey Nikhil,

Congrats for completing 1 year with fatbottom. I received a call today from the showroom from which i Bought the car and they are offering Renewal Insurance from tata AIG for rs 8700. Though my car insurance is expiring in Nov, they will take a post dated chk for Nov and are giving 20 to 305 discount. Has anyone heard about this ? Also the car value is 3,80,000, Is this correct ? Any idea about TATA AIG ?
del.guy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2010, 18:07   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by del.guy22 View Post
Hey Nikhil,

Congrats for completing 1 year with fatbottom. I received a call today from the showroom from which i Bought the car and they are offering Renewal Insurance from tata AIG for rs 8700. Though my car insurance is expiring in Nov, they will take a post dated chk for Nov and are giving 20 to 305 discount. Has anyone heard about this ? Also the car value is 3,80,000, Is this correct ? Any idea about TATA AIG ?
Tata AIG is a good insurance company. I checked with my friends and they had no issues with them. The IDV looks correct to me. The quotes that I received from insurance companies noted the IDV from 3.80 to 4.10.

Mine was renewed with National Insurance Company.
Old 15th September 2010, 10:21   #267
BHPian

Hey Nikhil,

Thanks for the update ! One more question, What was the premium for renewal ?
del.guy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 17:17   #268
BHPian

Default Re: Posting pictures: The correct way...

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 9th July 2011 at 18:06.
Prithvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 15:12   #269
BHPian

Default First casualty of Maruti quality

Folks,

I am writing after a very long time. Maruti quality has had its first casualty. I had been to MASS last week for a check up of a suspect noise coming from the rear right suspension.

After checking, service advisor was not able to locate the noise but he reported a probable problem with the front right main thrust bearing.

After raising the vehicle on ramp, he carried out his tests which confirmed his suspicion. The thrust bearing was generating a grinding noise.

On prodding him, he confided this problem in many of the maruti products and the bearings being repaced under warranty.

The vehicle is barely 2 years old and the thrust bearing conking out speaks really bad for Maruti Quality. My Corsa even after 5 years of service did not encounter such serious problems.

I will be getting the vehicle today from MASS after replacing the bearing under warranty.

Will keep posted on further developments.

Regards

Nikhil
Old 23rd August 2011, 20:25   #270
BHPian

Default Re: Racing Green Suzuki Ritz Zxi

^^^ Even I seem to be getting some noise from front/rear right side of suspension. What happened next?
sridhar_setty is offline   Reply With Quote