Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 25th September 2009, 13:42   #61
BHPian

I don't like the concept of hatch getting unlocked while opening the fuel lid. Starnge.. they didn't use their brain on this.

It means if I am unlocking the hatch from lever present inside, the fuel lid will also come open ?
del.guy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 14:20   #62
BHPian

Doesn't the Ritz have 2 levers, one for the fuel lid and one for the hatch?
MurtazaGhiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 18:53   #63
ada
BHPian

No no del.guy and Murtaza you got it all wrong, there is a single lever, and that only for fuel lid. You consider the hatch door like any other door. When you press the unlock from the remote, like all doors even the hatch gets unlocked, except for a plain handle visible for other doors the hatch has a lever in the recess which you press to open. This is for zxi version only.
ada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 11:03   #64
BHPian

Got my Ritz Zxi, silky silver, last night. My original choice was firebrick red, the dealer in Goa (Chowgule) could not guarantee delivery before 30th Sept, so I chose a silver that was coming positively before that date. When I went to the yard to inspect on the 28th, I see the red also just coming in another truck! Sadly it had already been committed to another, and I realised that after waiting one month I may have to wait another month, so settled for the bird in hand!

Initial impressions, very happy with the level of goodies on the car, the only thing (quite shocking actually) is that there is no adjustment in the interior rear-view mirror for night driving, to prevent headlight dazzle. In my Getz, this was there as standard fitment. Also no leather covered steering wheel.

The engine is really silent, no rattles that I can hear except for the toolkit and my Cds! Absolutely no freebies, except for mudflaps and rubber mats of the cheapest quality.

Changed the JK Vectra 185/70/14 to same size Yokohama A-drive.

Last edited by filcord : 30th September 2009 at 11:05.
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 18:59   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I noted one drawback in that my head tends to hit the roofline while I am sitting in the back seat.
Have you noticed this to be an issue? (im 6 ft 2 in tall and have long legs so cannot really stretch or slump in the back seat of the Ritz)
Thanks Shankar Balan. My head hitting roof line is not an issue as I am below the 6 ft mark.
nsbhagwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 11:04   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post

Initial impressions, very happy with the level of goodies on the car, the only thing (quite shocking actually) is that there is no adjustment in the interior rear-view mirror for night driving, to prevent headlight dazzle. In my Getz, this was there as standard fitment.
At the time of first service, just tell them to replace the inside mirror with that on the Swift ZXi. That has the anti glare mirror. Should cost around a few hundred bucks at the max.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 11:50   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
At the time of first service, just tell them to replace the inside mirror with that on the Swift ZXi. That has the anti glare mirror. Should cost around a few hundred bucks at the max.
Thanks buddy. Will try this - hope it fits.
Old 2nd October 2009, 12:29   #68
BHPian

Even the Zxi doesn't have powered mirrors? UNBELIEVABLE !!
The Estilo Vxi has it!!!!
pusako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 19:59   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Thanks VID for the info, eventhough the internal RV mirror does the job, it gets painful when a vehicle gets too close from the rear with headlights on the high beam. I will get the internal mirror replaced tomorrow itself.
Old 5th October 2009, 00:17   #70
BHPian

Just TD Ritz ZXI today, I am 5'7" and i was not able to see anything in front.I mean the car bonnet, it was like driving with your sixth sense.

Are all the cars such that u can not see the car's bonnet?
del.guy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 16:07   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by del.guy22 View Post
Just TD Ritz ZXI today, I am 5'7" and i was not able to see anything in front.I mean the car bonnet, it was like driving with your sixth sense.

I'm the same height. Unfortunately in most modern cars you will not see the edges of the car bonnet.
Old 5th October 2009, 18:26   #72
BHPian

Quote:

Yeah, the issue is there with most cars. I guess the design is to get as low a Cd as possible.

Nikhil
Old 5th October 2009, 18:33   #73
BHPian

Default Update on fat bottom -- First casualty

Fatbottom encountered her first problem -- a blown off rear right turn indicator bulb.

Bulbs are supposed to fuse. But so early, I did not expect it .

Nikhil
Old 5th October 2009, 19:58   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

same with Hyundai i10. I cannot see the hood in front of me (I'm 5' 8.5").
But one tends to develop a sense after driving any car for a few days.
blackasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 21:44   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Thanks VID for the info, eventhough the internal RV mirror does the job, it gets painful when a vehicle gets too close from the rear with headlights on the high beam. I will get the internal mirror replaced tomorrow itself.
Did you get the mirror changed? Did it fit properly and how much did it cost?
sridhar_setty is offline   Reply With Quote