Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th November 2009, 16:15   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Initial impressions, very happy with the level of goodies on the car, the only thing (quite shocking actually) is that there is no adjustment in the interior rear-view mirror for night driving, to prevent headlight dazzle.
Here is what tech-support of Maruti tells me over email: "the Ritz‘s - Inside rear view mirror does not have the button but instead, the mirror has a special crome coating which reflects the 50% of glare back and allows easy visibility."
Su-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 18:46   #107
Senior - BHPian

Ritz RV Mirror Issue,
When you were talking about the rear view mirror anti glare topic, I was in a confused state. The reason behind the confusion was that my mirror was o.k and there was not much glare in comparison with the Side View Mirrors. I was asking my front passenger to find the different and they too told there is difference in glare.When you were talking about switching and all, I was not knowing the switch etc because that was not therein mine. So it may be true that Maruti might have given a Chrome plated RVM.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 19:38   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryskt View Post
Hi Bhagwat,

You are one of the best guys in this forum to talk to, about anything about Ritz. You've a wonderful car and that too fully loaded (Zxi) and a nice colour (Green).
I am planning to buy Ritz, still unsure about Vxi or Zxi, probably in Jan 2010.

Happy driving buddy.
I am honored Sir and thank you.
My opinion, go for the ZXI, don't think twice .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech View Post
Hi @nsbhagwat. I am also getting faint rattle in my RITZ Zxi from right B pillar. I have done 3.4K kms. I think it is due to some problem in window alignment. If I roll down the driver window by few mm the noise stops. Just one touch to window down button.
I am also getting irritating rattle from the number plate on the hatch door. First I thougt that hatch door is culprit but then realized that the sound is comming from the number plate. The stuffing material has dropped. Does any Ritz owner getting this noise?

I am getting overall milage of 14.47 km/L (60% HWAY with AC on 50% time).
Me too had the same issue. Stuck a layer of thick foam tape to the hatch number plate all around. sound has vanished completely.

As for the rattling from the B pillars, I have fixed an appointment with MASS for 11/28 to sort out these noises.

I will also be going in for a underbody coat tomorrow. Will update this thread once job is done.

Nikhil

Last edited by Dippy : 25th February 2010 at 13:18. Reason: Back to back posts
nsbhagwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 23:57   #109
Senior - BHPian

Hi ji,
Don't forget to update the rattle issue.I do have the faint rattle on drive.When I catch the roof it is not.Me too thinking of taking to MSM in a couple of days.Still I could not find the culprit.I too emptied all and checked.It looks like some screw or nut (not mine but the Vehicle,s)fallen inside the mettle body.
Old 28th November 2009, 11:44   #110
Senior - BHPian

Approached my service advisor and was told to bring tomorrow morning( i mean Subday) to inspect and rectify the rattling issue.It will be up dated on Monday.
Old 30th November 2009, 11:04   #111
BHPian

Default Update on underbody coating

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Me too had the same issue. Stuck a layer of thick foam tape to the hatch number plate all around. sound has vanished completely.

As for the rattling from the B pillars, I have fixed an appointment with MASS for 11/28 to sort out these noises.

I will also be going in for a underbody coat tomorrow. Will update this thread once job is done.

Nikhil
Was decided that 11/29 will be utilised for under body coating. So called up MASS to inform I am reaching. Amar, the service advisor informed me that underbody coating will not reduce the outside noise and that Rs 3000 expense will go down the drain. I was surprised to hear his statement. So I again told him that I want the coating to reduce road noise. He again concurred. I was frustrated so much that I cancelled taking the vehicle to him for fixing other rattles (though thanked him for saving my money) .

I had on mind to utilise the closed cell rubber mats used for yoga. Got one roll from Champion Sports (Rs 400/- I willingly agreed to be ripped off). Size of the mat was @ 28" X 68". I cut the mat in two pieces (length same as the floor mat) and rolled it over the carpet so that it covered the wheel arch, some firewall portion below the controls, some portion of the transmission tunnel. I then tucked the ends of the mat below the plastic trim. So no need to use messy glues.

Repeat procedure on passenger side. Some portion of the firewall was left open on the passenger side. To cover it, I used the remainder of mat @ 10" and tucked it behind the AC unit and trim plastic.

I did all this quite late at night. So my apologies to the community for not posting pictures. I also could not test my changes. Switched on the engine and tried to notice any difference. Was it the low idling noise or the time of the day, I noticed negligible difference.

Today while driving to office, I realised that my mods were working. The road noise had become bearable, the booming noise on bad patches (I have a lot of them on the way) was not to be seen. The in car acoustics have had a dramatic change.

Today's drive was far more pleasurable and I could enjoy Mozart on the music system.

A lot of work remains:- covering the floor pan below the front seats, rear passenger area, boot area.

A big thank you to rjstyles69 for his innovative use of the yoga mats https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ttle-free.html
Your work has inspired me to go for this contraption. Next weekend will see the remainder work completed and door panels getting the treatment.

I promise to upload the pics ASAP.

Regards

Nikhil
Old 1st December 2009, 11:15   #112
BHPian

how to splash the water on the front mirror ? I am not able to find the control, in my old Maruti u just push the wiper button and the water will come out. Is it different in Ritz.
del.guy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 11:51   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by del.guy22 View Post
how to splash the water on the front mirror ? I am not able to find the control, in my old Maruti u just push the wiper button and the water will come out. Is it different in Ritz.
Just pull the left lever on the steering column (similar to headlight flashing with the right lever) and you might need to check if there is water in the container.
dezpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 16:42   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
On highways I have got 16 - 17. On city traffic it is 14.5 - 16.0. 50% Ac. Of course mine is petrol.
I am planning to take Ritz Vxi but the 165 size stock tyre looks thin and out of proportion. So thinking of upgarding to 185 size tyres. I have 3 concerns:-
1) Whether it is recommended to fint the 185 size tyre in the stock rims?
2) Will the mileage drop considerabley?
3) Whether the warrenty for the car still remain?

Please let me know..
delix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 18:07   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delix View Post
I am planning to take Ritz Vxi but the 165 size stock tyre looks thin and out of proportion. So thinking of upgarding to 185 size tyres. I have 3 concerns:-
1) Whether it is recommended to fint the 185 size tyre in the stock rims?
2) Will the mileage drop considerabley?
3) Whether the warrenty for the car still remain?

Please let me know..
Delix,

Why not go in for the Zxi. It is more value for money.

Upgrading to 185 section will not void the warranty as long as rim diameter remains same i.e 14".
Expect a marginal drop in mileage with change to 185 section rubber. Zxi has 185 section tyre as standard and the car returns between 14 & 15 with AC in 100% city driving.
More rubber to the road means more grip, hence added stability during driving, braking...

Check with the tyre section in this forum for the max width that can be fitted on to a given rim size.

Hope that answers your questions.

Nikhil

Last edited by nsbhagwat : 1st December 2009 at 18:10.
Old 1st December 2009, 18:44   #116
BHPian

That was quick and informative. Should take into consideration your views.Thanks.
delix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 23:38   #117
BHPian

I am getting some noise while statrting the car, the RPM after starting the car is around 500 to 600. But I feel the sound is more.I did not hear any such sound while TD, its like an old bikes silencer sound. While TD the car was super silent, could there be an issue with the Engine. Is the RPM normal ? Even at 1800 to 2000 RPM I can hear sound. Also while turning the key for statrting I need to turn it to max. Is this normal. My experience
while TD was better, regarding engine noise while starting etc.

Last edited by del.guy22 : 2nd December 2009 at 23:38. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 2nd December 2009, 23:45   #118
Senior - BHPian

Regarding the starting of the car it is common to turn the key up to the end. That is the ignition switch. Some times we turn smoothly and we don't find it till the extreme end. That is quite normal. Regarding sound you better observe the noise of other car of your model and variant. If there is difference better go to the MASS.

Wish you come out of the problem soon.
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:26   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezpo View Post
Just pull the left lever on the steering column (similar to headlight flashing with the right lever) and you might need to check if there is water in the container.

Thanks for the help dezpo, it worked like charm.
Do you have any idea about the engine noise ? The query is just above.

Just started the car after 12 hours of non driving and the RPM of idle car is 1000 RPM, this is strange because till tomorrow it was only 500. Also its shoots up to1700 to 1800 and then comes back to 1000.

I still feel I have to turn the key too much. While TD it was hard to tell if the card had started but its not the case here, I can hear some good noise with windows closed and feel vibrations on Steering too, though the vibrations are not that strong, but still I am not satisfied.Would be taking the vehicle to Maruti Suzuki Masters this Saturday.

Last edited by Dippy : 25th February 2010 at 13:14. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 3rd December 2009, 13:23   #120
Senior - BHPian

Hi Del Guy,
You are right you can take it to Masters if you really feel different. They will assist you. I have no vibration in steering.Reg RPM let me start the car after some time and let you know whether it is there in mine or not. If you were used with petrol cars you will feel the noise different. Pl wait for the further post in the evening from my side. Bye.