Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd December 2009, 18:03   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by del.guy22 View Post
Just started the car after 12 hours of non driving and the RPM of idle car is 1000 RPM, this is strange because till tomorrow it was only 500. Also its shoots up to1700 to 1800 and then comes back to 1000.

I still feel I have to turn the key too much. While TD it was hard to tell if the card had started but its not the case here, I can hear some good noise with windows closed and feel vibrations on Steering too, though the vibrations are not that strong, but still I am not satisfied.Would be taking the vehicle to Maruti Suzuki Masters this Saturday.
Del Guy,

When you start the engine after a lot time duration, the engine rpm goes up since the engine is cold. But after it stats warming up, the rpm drops down.

But I haven't seen the rpm shooting up to 2000. Are you by any chance depressing the gas pedal after cranking the engine? Just a thought. Have the ECU scanned at a MASS near you.

In my case, the rpm goes just above 1000 mark and then the needle climbs down steadily to settle somewhere between between 500 & 1000 rpm mark.

Regards

Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 23:03   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Hi Del Guy,
You are right you can take it to Masters if you really feel different. They will assist you. I have no vibration in steering.Reg RPM let me start the car after some time and let you know whether it is there in mine or not. If you were used with petrol cars you will feel the noise different. Pl wait for the further post in the evening from my side. Bye.

Did you get a chance to start the car and look at the RPM. I definitely the noise is more. I have checked that with the windows shut and open both.
del.guy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 20:48   #123
Senior - BHPian

Hi dely guy.

It is done.Just start the engine with out keeping your legs on acceletor. If it is 500 to 600 Rpm it is fine.Once you keep your leg om the accelerator it will shoot. The start up is same like your you have to turn full and hold for a while. Sound is of until and unless I hear I can't say.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 23:34   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Hi dely guy.

It is done.Just start the engine with out keeping your legs on acceletor. If it is 500 to 600 Rpm it is fine.Once you keep your leg om the accelerator it will shoot. The start up is same like your you have to turn full and hold for a while. Sound is of until and unless I hear I can't say.
Thanks for the update. I am pushing accelerator.
Just went to the Masters today and they did a thorough check. The engine is fine. They say if the car is not started for long time the RPM would go up and then come down once the engine is hot. I felt that after driving the car for about 10-15 km, the engine noise while starting the car is also less. I got my car on 27th Nov and so far I have only driven it for 50km.

Also he suggested that I should leave the ignition on for 5 seconds and then try to see if there's any difference in need for turning the key for statrting the vehicle.

After driving for couple of Km, I see that the RPM on statrting is abiut 1000 and comes down to 600. Whicjh I believe is fine.

My cars manufacture date is 16 Nov.
Old 5th December 2009, 01:51   #125
BHPian

why can't I edit my previous post. I want to say I am not putting foot on accelerator.
Old 5th December 2009, 21:54   #126
BHPian

Hi Nikhil,

Did yiu go through the manual ? On page 3-6 ( Section 3), on the bottom side, point 2 tells hoe to start the car it says to depress the clutch fully while starting the car ? Do they mean we need to press the clutch padel ? Kind of strange.

Also how to sttart the rear defogger ? The front demister has the necessary controls in the AC panel ? What about the rear defogger ?

I have a driving experience of less than 3000 km. Sorry for so many questions.

Last edited by Dippy : 25th February 2010 at 13:15. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 8th December 2009, 00:52   #127
BHPian

Quote:
why can't I edit my previous post. I want to say I am not putting foot on accelerator.
There is a time limit set. If you go back to your post before the time out, you can edit the post.

Quote:
Hi Nikhil,

Did yiu go through the manual ? On page 3-6 ( Section 3), on the bottom side, point 2 tells hoe to start the car it says to depress the clutch fully while starting the car ? Do they mean we need to press the clutch padel ? Kind of strange.
I'll check the manual again, but this is kinda strange. Ritz does not have a safety switch which forces the driver to depress the clutch pedal like in i10.

Quote:
Also how to sttart the rear defogger ? The front demister has the necessary controls in the AC panel ? What about the rear defogger ?

I have a driving experience of less than 3000 km. Sorry for so many questions.
No issues, let the questions come. The rear defogger button is placed to the right of the AC on / off switch. The printing on it will be something like a rounded rectangle with wavy arrows on it. A note of caution, when the rear windshield is cleared of fog, turn off the defogger. For defogging the front windshield, just turn the mode selection switch all the way to the right and then turn on the AC. The windshield will be cleared of fog.

Nikhil

Last edited by nsbhagwat : 8th December 2009 at 00:54. Reason: Added info.
Old 9th December 2009, 19:58   #128
Senior - BHPian

Hi del Guy,
Your car seems perfectly o.k like others. Please always start with out keeping your leg on speed pedal. It is common that the RPM shoots up to 3000 in my car when it flies above 1000kms and above.
Old 9th December 2009, 20:00   #129
BHPian

So, whats the ideal way. Do we press the clutch before we ignite the engine?
funnyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 20:07   #130
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guru,

That is not a problem whether you ignite with clutch down or or break down. As soon as you start, you will press the clutch before shifting to I gear. In the previous post I suggested the starting in neutral position. Mostly I start with clutch down only. and break also with out clutch down. How about your mileage Guru. For recent mileage pl see the silky silver 6500km thread.

Regarding your Audio modification please check the audio effect of some Swift or Ritz cars and decide. The audition in Shop and the car differs a lot. That is my own experience in the past.

Last edited by Dippy : 25th February 2010 at 13:15. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 9th December 2009, 21:45   #131
BHPian

Quote:
The audition in Shop and the car differs a lot. That is my own experience in the past.

That is a good point sir. Closely following the ICE section of Ritz and swift owners. About the mileage , being a petrol i get close to 15 overall. 13 in city and 17-18 in highways.

Last edited by Dippy : 25th February 2010 at 13:17. Reason: Correcting quote
funnyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 09:36   #132
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guru,
For the Chennai City's snail speed move in 2nd and 3 gear the mileage is ok for the petrol. Let us be happy with that mileage with that comfort in Ritz.
Old 10th December 2009, 12:46   #133
BHPian

Its too early for me to comment on Mileage but considering Delhi traffic, I would be happy with 12 or 13.
Old 10th December 2009, 15:57   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Nikhil,

This is a safety instruction, just in case you are starting with the gear engaged and not in neutral. In Hyundai cars, there is a switch which gets activated when you press the clutch pedal fully, only then it allows the car to start. In the Ritz, though there is no switch, still this practice is recommended.
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 16:46   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Its too early for me to comment on Mileage but considering Delhi traffic, I would be happy with 12 or 13.
Del Guy,

Don't worry about the mileage, just enjoy your car. Judicious use of the engine RPM while driving will return good mileage in city driving as well as highway use. Refer to the manual for guidelines.

Enjoy and drive safe.

Nikhil