Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2010, 16:48   #121
BHPian
 
Safin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 131
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Got parking sensors installed in the car. Will post photos of the installation soon.
Is it drilled into the bumper? If yes,then does it void warranty??
Safin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 16:51   #122
Senior - BHPian
 
AbhiJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,298
Thanked: 462 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safin View Post
Is it drilled into the bumper? If yes,then does it void warranty??
Yes a hole is drilled and it is fit into the bumper. And it should not void warranty, since no wires were actually cut during the installation process.
AbhiJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 17:12   #123
BHPian
 
PearlJam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 310
Thanked: 328 Times
Default

Quick question: How's the NVH now? Has it reduced as you've clocked the miles?
PearlJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 17:39   #124
BHPian
 
Safin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 131
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Yes a hole is drilled and it is fit into the bumper. And it should not void warranty, since no wires were actually cut during the installation process.
Which Brand and Type of Parking Sensors did you fit and how much did it cost?
Safin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 14:43   #125
Senior - BHPian
 
AbhiJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,298
Thanked: 462 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
Quick question: How's the NVH now? Has it reduced as you've clocked the miles?
The noise / vibration has definately reduced over time. The engine also pulls more cleanly from low RPM's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safin View Post
Which Brand and Type of Parking Sensors did you fit and how much did it cost?
Brand... dont rem.. will check. I got them for around 3.5 k
AbhiJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 23:03   #126
BHPian
 
Rodeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 349
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Well Guys.. its been almost 6 months and I have crossed 6000 kms. Car is due for it 2nd service next week. Just thought I ll update the thread...


i have i20 and thought 2nd service is at 10k. Why are you giving your car for service at 6k?

I am not too happy with my i20s performance. When i test drove it and was happy with min turbo lag but now i find that i most of the time drive in 2nd or 3rd gear only. I now find my Optra magnum has much less turbo lag comparatively. I also find engine very noisy compared to other diesel cars.

Last edited by Dippy : 14th February 2010 at 02:08. Reason: Back to back posts.
Rodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 23:50   #127
Senior - BHPian
 
EssYouWe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 1,392
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post
I am not too happy with my i20s performance. When i test drove it and was happy with min turbo lag but now i find that i most of the time drive in 2nd or 3rd gear only. I now find my Optra magnum has much less turbo lag comparatively. I also find engine very noisy compared to other diesel cars.
That is strange. I test drove the i20 CRDi yesterday and came away very impressed, thanks to the VVVGT.

The lag was there, but the car was still moving on.

I'll try and put it into words.

What I basically did was let the rpms drop to almost stalling in the second gear and then pressed the accelerator completely.
The car did not zoom forward, but it did not putter out either. What I got was the normal acceleration I would have gotten, had I been driving gently.
So in my opinion the lag in the 1.4 CRDi is very very controlled.

How about you drive your car into the service dock. Let them give it a look. Or if you want, try out someone else's car first. Let them try out yours.

Cheers!
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 23:57   #128
BHPian
 
Rodeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 349
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
That is strange. I test drove the i20 CRDi yesterday and came away very impressed, thanks to the VVVGT.

The lag was there, but the car was still moving on.

I'll try and put it into words.

What I basically did was let the rpms drop to almost stalling in the second gear and then pressed the accelerator completely.
The car did not zoom forward, but it did not putter out either. What I got was the normal acceleration I would have gotten, had I been driving gently.
So in my opinion the lag in the 1.4 CRDi is very very controlled.

How about you drive your car into the service dock. Let them give it a look. Or if you want, try out someone else's car first. Let them try out yours.

Cheers!
I had the same impression when i test drove but ownership experience is not that great. Wish i could do something about turbo lag and engine noise...
Rodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2010, 00:35   #129
Senior - BHPian
 
AbhiJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,298
Thanked: 462 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post
i have i20 and thought 2nd service is at 10k. Why are you giving your car for service at 6k?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post
I had the same impression when i test drove but ownership experience is not that great. Wish i could do something about turbo lag and engine noise...
The 2nd service is 10 k / 6 months .... My car had done 6 months.

Rodeo... there is something wrong with your car. I have owned 2 diesels before my i20, and can happily say that lag in my car is not a problem...

It pulls cleanly from idling revs, and the acceleration is pretty acceptable..

As far as the noise goes, my i20 is quiter than the my uncles Vista QJD of the same vintage. I cant compare to swifts/puntos due to lack of experience.

There are four ways to try and make your car better:

1) Reset your ECU. Take out the battery cables, put them back after 30 mins.
2) Clean your air filter. Its easy. Just two clips and its out. lightly tap against a wall to get rid of dust/dirt. Dont try too hard or you might damage the filter.
3) Check your fuel bunk, maybe the quality is suspect. try another one. p.s. I am using regular unleaded in my car.
4) Go to the service centre and make A LOT of noise until the get the car fixed to your satisfaction.

Last edited by AbhiJ : 14th February 2010 at 00:36.
AbhiJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2010, 11:40   #130
BHPian
 
Rodeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 349
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
The 2nd service is 10 k / 6 months .... My car had done 6 months.

Rodeo... there is something wrong with your car. I have owned 2 diesels before my i20, and can happily say that lag in my car is not a problem...

It pulls cleanly from idling revs, and the acceleration is pretty acceptable..

As far as the noise goes, my i20 is quiter than the my uncles Vista QJD of the same vintage. I cant compare to swifts/puntos due to lack of experience.

There are four ways to try and make your car better:

1) Reset your ECU. Take out the battery cables, put them back after 30 mins.
2) Clean your air filter. Its easy. Just two clips and its out. lightly tap against a wall to get rid of dust/dirt. Dont try too hard or you might damage the filter.
3) Check your fuel bunk, maybe the quality is suspect. try another one. p.s. I am using regular unleaded in my car.
4) Go to the service centre and make A LOT of noise until the get the car fixed to your satisfaction.

I think so too... I think i need to get my car checked. I have 2 other diesel cars. I find my old Palio D less noiser than i20...
Rodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 11:12   #131
Senior - BHPian
 
AbhiJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,298
Thanked: 462 Times
Default Intermediate Startup Trouble on i20 CRDi!

Car bought in August 2009. Done 29000 kms.

Current Problem:

Most of the times the car works fine. Once in a while it just refuses to startup. It always starts up fine at home, and usually gives up on the return trip. (Some component heating up??)

First suspect was the battery which was changed to a new one last week. But the problem remains.

When the car is in the "not starting" mode, the symptoms are as follows:

1) The self (starter motor) revolves but the engine refuses to fire up. The starter revolves each time but fails to start the car.
2) All lights, music system etc work fine.
3) I tried checking and re seating all relavant fuses/relays. No result.
4) Jump starting/push starting does not help.

The "problem" mysteriously dissappears. Once I was left stranded for over 3 hours and must have tried starting at least 50 times. I had actually called for a tow truck. On the 51st try, it randomly started up and I drove home. Car worked normally after that!

I sent the car to the A.s.s. and on that day the problem did not repeat itself. They connected the scanner and declared that they cannot find any problem with the car!

An unreliable car is as good as a non existent one! Help!!

Last edited by AbhiJ : 5th December 2011 at 11:17.
AbhiJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 13:01   #132
Distinguished - BHPian
 
dhanushs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bathery/BLR
Posts: 3,446
Thanked: 4,055 Times
Default Re: Intermediate Startup Trouble on i20 CRDi!

Probably a fuel supply issue. Check the complete fuel system. Starting from the pump, blocked fuel filter et al..

Not sure how practical it is to check the rail pressure et al.

May be more experienced members can comment.

Another probability would be the engine immobilizer acting up. Are you sure that the key fob is not damaged?
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 13:07   #133
Senior - BHPian
 
sajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,556
Thanked: 815 Times
Default Re: Intermediate Startup Trouble on i20 CRDi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Another probability would be the engine immobilizer acting up. Are you sure that the key fob is not damaged?
So if the immobiliser is acting up, will the starter motor engage but no fuel will go through, or even that doesnt happen ? I was of the opinion that the latter happens...
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 13:34   #134
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,598 Times
Default Re: Intermediate Startup Trouble on i20 CRDi!

Abhi,

When did you change the fuel filter ? How many times in 29k kms ?

I would suspect the fuel quality. Try fuel from some other pump.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 13:58   #135
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default Re: Intermediate Startup Trouble on i20 CRDi!

Could be the fuel pump too. Check the entire fuel supply system. Your battery is fine as long as it cranks the engine repeatedly for so many times. But please give it a gap of few seconds before cranking again.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Red Passion: My Hyundai Elite i20 Asta CRDi. EDIT, 30K Update Bubby Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 70 1st April 2017 10:31
My Beige Boy - Hyundai i20 Asta CRDi. Update: 60,000 kms and 4.5 years sagarpadaki Long-Term Ownership Reviews 108 17th January 2015 11:04
My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update JayD Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 188 9th August 2011 13:50
Ford Figo TDCi v/s Hyundai i20 CRDi v/s Hyundai i20 1.2 v/s Honda Jazz lamborghini Hatchbacks 24 18th December 2010 15:54
Hyundai i20 Crdi Asta: Short Review AbhiJ Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 6 22nd September 2009 23:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:57.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks